Irish Car Crustier Than Anticipated Shocker - Sadly There Are Bad News As Well

Junkman

Ireland was chod capital of the Multiverse, with everyone driving gopping wrecks that made Father Ted's car look like a Bentley, until the scrappage scheme, after which everyone got a megadull Honda, except for some of the more canny farmers' wives, who got silver Mercedes to go shopping at the Powerscourt Centre.

PS: Lode Lane  - I am from Lode Lane too (well, Castle Lane, around the corner).  Therefore I bagsy a go in this car.

4 grand for your pulled out of a hedge ke30 toyota - hence they all and stuff like like disappeared within months and theyve done two others since

but no mot on over 30 years old and 56 euro road tax isnt bad

I'm pretty sure my current conveyance is already being discussed widely.

The car park attendents at the airport greet me by my name.

Pick upperage scheduled for somewhen next week. The resulting P6 Series 1 V8 convoy subsequently

hitting Dublin and being paraded in front of a friend's house may cause the odd curtains to shake.

What a load of bollox.

A gentleman will always adapt to the measuring system his host country employs.

Well I was once stopped by a gard in Cork who told me he had clocked my speed at 97, I pointed out that the signs said 100, but he maintained that his 97 was MPH and the signs are KPH and 97 MPH is more than 100 MPH, further into our exchange I countered that a litre is bigger than a pint but we finished off agreeing to differ and went our separate ways. Now which, if either of us, was being ungentlemanly?

Guest Breadvan72

Well I was once stopped by a gard in Cork who told me he had clocked my speed at 97, I pointed out that the signs said 100, but he maintained that his 97 was MPH and the signs are KPH and 97 MPH is more than 100 MPH, further into our exchange I countered that a litre is bigger than a pint but we finished off agreeing to differ and went our separate ways. Now which, if either of us, was being ungentlemanly?

Do you mean 97 MPH is more than 100 KPH?  What speed did you go at?   97 MPH or 97 KPH?  

The other day you told me you'd like to have another series two... do you consider two series ones equal to one series two?

I think I just applied the ultimate in shite maths, didn't I?

It could only be topped by buying two MKII Granadas if wanting a MKIV, but I'm not into Scorpios.

And how much Chew could a series two chew if a series two could chew Chew?

Series two for chewy chewing!

That's what your Series two is doing.

Do you choose to chew goo, too, sir?

If, sir, you, sir, choose to chew, sir,

with the Series two, chew, sir.

Do, sir.

I did 2000 miles around Old Ireland in the 90s. A Series Landy with old standard springs. My back has never been the same since. We used to take a big transit mini bus down for the fishing to Corrib. Everyone sleeping on the bus woke up as soon as we crossed the border. The undulations on the road were like seasickness.