My Very First Saab - contains much winning (so far!)

djimbob

16998696_10208734558953049_1759252777577

Goodness me, what brings us to this magnificent motor museum in the South Lakes area, staring wistfully at Bubble cars??

17264913_10208734556512988_6481430274476

It can only mean one thing - I'm here to meet Eddyramrod, and relieve him of a Swedish beauty :)

11059998_10153332230104659_6800827008455

So where are the pictures of the day then, Eddy's Cadillac of awesome, the actual Saab??

Er, soz, I am well shite at this kind of thing, so have a photo of Our Lass fighting an alligator, and winning :)

More to follow, including how I managed to get the soft top working by, well, doing not a lot at all apart from a 100 mile drive home, which either charged the battery up really well, or just shook the thing into operation - which is winning in my book!

Eddy is the finest fellow you will ever meet, and I have consumed several buns and so on to attest that as a FACT :)

Here is a TVR, at the museum, with me muttering about how if i win the lottery I will have one of them bastards to Our lass, who knows better than to interrupt in mid blather -

17264320_10208734559353059_2007087477512

Motorbikes which I would love to have a quick blast on -

17424601_10208734561033101_2305791786167

17361584_10208734558513038_5467498309997

Shite heaven quite frankly!

922864_4818957923543_485936379_n.jpg?oh=

And finally, to deflect on the abysmal lack of Saab pics, here's me with more Allegro's than one can shake a shite stick at, bonus shite points if you can name the occasion and where :)

More to follow as I try to pillage Our Lass's facetube for more pics!

More winning I'm pleased to announce before the inevitable techno crash :-P

I managed to change the setting on my phone to save pics to the phone itself, rather than the useless extra sim I've been trying to use, and now have many evidences of bodgery to share -

IMG_20170321_132942_zpsuvrdsoyi.jpg

IMG_20170321_132951_zpsuqyggydu.jpg

IMG_20170321_143250_zpszmrcpjfc.jpg

The Saab stereo was a bit dated and lacked a port in for playing music off my phone, the cd changer skipped a lot, and the sub woofer didn't seem to work although there was power to it, so I decided to utilise some kit I had kicking around, and of course this was an excuse to muck about, couldn't resist it :)

IMG_20170321_133009_zpscogsreu3.jpg

IMG_20170321_171210_zpsy02va2mz.jpg

Chinese double din, deckless media centre - well cheap but bloothtooth friendly!

IMG_20170321_171408_zpswjpgluf3.jpg

Daughter's old boom tastic sub woofer, takes up half the boot, shakes the street when I'm coming and going  - most excellent :shock::-D

IMG_20170321_115209_zpsuhnhhwn9.jpg

After all that anguish and disappointment....

Well done there Jim, looks like it's getting the care it deserves now, which I just couldn't supply, so fair play to you.  I've got some collection pics in the camera so I'll probably upload them tomorrow and post them in this thread.  It was great to meet you and Mrs Jim!  Thank you for taking the trouble to come and get it.  Now, roll on August, right?  Or are you up for Brough on Easter Sunday?

Edit: and apologies, but I've appropriated your comment from the first post, to add to my signature.  There are times I need to be reminded of such things!

Nice one Eddy,

please do post the pics of the handover, otherwise folk may not believe it happened :-P

We seem to have a boat load on this next couple of months, so will probably do the August show, and maybe the bubble car museum meet in June - Our Lass has been looking at suitable hotels in grange over sands, but I quite fancy staying at the Midland in Morecambe - we shall see :-D

I think I am made for convertible car driving, due to having been brought up wearing too many clothes, at all times of the year, because of Oop Northness  - now I can just pop the hood down with the press of a button, and hey presto, no longer boiling :-D  No doubt Linz will scupper that by claiming it to be too cold and windy, in all weathers :?

Next job is to fix the side mirrors, and then onto working out what needs servicing  - any memories of recent fluid changes would be good, and thence onto trying to fit electric heated seats before next autumn 8)

Once again, I can recommend purchasage from Mr Ramrod, he goes that extra mile to make you smile :-D

Recent servicing?  Well I only owned it three weeks this time, so while I've had it, precisely nothing.  However, it has spent the last 18 months in Southport with my mate Dave, who is rather more meticulous, so have a look through the folder of bills and stuff.  You probably won't have to go back too far.

Now where's that Autoshite banner for August?  There should be at least three of us showing at Grange, which must be a quorum, surely?

• 3 months later...

Fantastic news update, we have a first time pass for the Saab this afternoon!!! 8)

Only a couple of advisories, and next job is to change the ancillary drive belt as it has a split of doom in it which will not repair itself :-P - any advice on this job is welcome, looks a twat of a thing, about two metres long and the removal of an engine mount as standard to refit  :shock: 

I may pay someone to do this, but haven't priced it up yet for fear of the actual amount being scary :-(

Also, I have bought a smoll Avondale caravan, so wouldn't mind fitting a towbar for this, anyone got one? Eddy said the electrics from the previous one were probably tucked away so just need the hardware as it were :?:-D