Toyo proxes any good.

Vince70

The Toyo tyres are fitted and they seem equally as good as the P6000 Pirelli tyres that came off so I'm over the moon with them.

Mind you when I said I'm not a tyre snob I borrowed my fathers car the other day which is a low mileage A class which drives spot on apart from having a set of Wanli tyres fitted to it and the only thing that lets the car down is those horrible tyres as they make an awful noise on the A roads and the handling in the wet is horrible on them.

I think the tyres are made of plastic not rubber.

Glad you are happy, mate! Some people will use anything and not notice or care that they sound hideous and do not grip etc. Amazing, really.

I have a cheapo set of 17" rims here with almost new Accelera Alpha's on, and they are hilariously dodgy, The definition of plastic!
They came on a car, and when I was driving it home on a slightly damp day, it was wanting to understeer and oversteer, four wheel slide etc at the slowest of speeds.

Would not recommend, yet someone on here said they were great. I can't see it!

Had Proxes T1Rs on my old E30 and thought they were very good for the money. Weren't phased by a few laps of the ring but showed their limitations on a flooded autobahn in the worst rain I've ever seen on the way home. I can't say how good a more dedicated rain tyre would have been but I like them. If you think they're shit, try a pair of Fulda Y2000s on your rear axle for a bit of perspective

Sava I think are Slovak and owned by Goodyear, good 2nd tier tyre.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Has anyone else noticed that all the Chinese Ditch finder wannahockalugie specials are all "made by Michelin " or some such bollocks . Prob used a 30 year old pattern of theirs or such like

Has anyone else noticed that all the Chinese Ditch finder wannahockalugie specials are all "made by Michelin " or some such bollocks . Prob used a 30 year old pattern of theirs or such like

Is this not just a case of the big players wanting something to cover all price points, but not wanting their "premium" brand name associated with the really crap tyres? Mostly offering high mileage and little traction.

Continental make Barum tyres, I've had both the Bravuris and Brilliantis. One offered predictable grip that would progressively slip when pushed, the other was OK in the dry, but awful in the wet.

Neither were as good as the Continental branded tyres I have used, but they were all used on different cars so I am not sure it's a fair comparison to say which is better.

How are you getting on with these CF2's now Vince. I had them on my old Mazda 6 and I thought they were great tbh. Certainly much better in the wet than the GT Champiro UHP1's ive got on my 09 plate Mondeo now which are a bit unpredictable in the wet (although very good in dry conditions I have found). The Toyos were great in all conditions i thought, especially for the price.

Incidentally, does anyone else have any views on GT Champiros. Im not liking them in the wet so far, but the Mondeo does have a bit more oomph than the 6 did so maybe its my lead foot?

I've only got them on the front at the moment but I went for a long drive today for about 40 miles or so and I can't comment about the tyres in wet weather as yet,but they are fantastic in the dry.

I was taking bends with ease with these fitted and the fronts wouldn't budge in the dry and I can't believe it but they make the Pirelli tyres seem like cheap rubbish so from now on its toyo or uniroyals for me.

But I'm not a tyre snob but I can notice the difference between a decent tyre to a cheapie Chinese tyre as I borrowed my fathers low mileage A class last week and it's fitted with some horrible Wanli ditch finders all round and the thing was bloody lethal in the wet and the noise from the things at anything over 50 sounded like the wheel bearings are knackered and all 4 wheel would fall off, it's a shame really as the car itself is a real decent motor apart from the Wanli tyres.

My mgf came shod with a decent set of these. They still didn't stop me looking like a wanker and spinning it coming off the first roundabout I negotiated on my very first trip out in the car after I acquired it; but that was definitely more the driver's skillz* rather than the tyres.

I've just replaced the last of my uniroyal rain expert 3 on the family bus (ford smax). Last year I had what sounded like a wheel bearing on the way out at the rear. Tame mechanic took a look and realised that the tread was lifting ( this one tyre that had done about 15k). I expected more from brand new tyres, but we swapped the fronts to the back and replace the back ones with new continental onto the front. Today the uniroyals at the back were replaced by Avons.

No more uniroyals for me from now on.

The garage I used for tyres, merit tyres in Chertsey, were excellent. I ordered online at 80 each all in, but was offered earliest Thursday for an appointment. One hour later and merit called to confirm the order and to say that they were in stock already. Chap behind the counter said he couldn't sell them for the online price even with trade discount.

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk