Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Toyo proxes any good.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   Vince70

Vince70

• Full Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationBexhill

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:22 PM

The Toyo tyres are fitted and they seem equally as good as the P6000 Pirelli tyres that came off so I'm over the moon with them.

Mind you when I said I'm not a tyre snob I borrowed my fathers car the other day which is a low mileage A class which drives spot on apart from having a set of Wanli tyres fitted to it and the only thing that lets the car down is those horrible tyres as they make an awful noise on the A roads and the handling in the wet is horrible on them.

I think the tyres are made of plastic not rubber.
  • overrun likes this

#32 OFFLINE   overrun

overrun

SW20APLENTY

• Full Members
  • 2,841 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationSunny Sunlun by the sea

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:29 PM

Glad you are happy, mate! Some people will use anything and not notice or care that they sound hideous and do not grip etc. Amazing, really.

I have a cheapo set of 17" rims here with almost new Accelera Alpha's on, and they are hilariously dodgy, The definition of plastic!
They came on a car, and when I was driving it home on a slightly damp day, it was wanting to understeer and oversteer, four wheel slide etc at the slowest of speeds.

Would not recommend, yet someone on here said they were great. I can't see it!

• Vince70 likes this

Safe now. Everything's lead lined.

Thanked by 1 Member:
Vince70

#33 OFFLINE   J4mes

J4mes

Rank Austin Metro

• Full Members
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:17 PM

I've got the CF2's on the Corolla, seem brilliant to be honest.
Steer clear of the T1R's as they are shite in the wet..
  • tooSavvy and Vince70 like this

#34 OFFLINE   2MB

2MB

• Full Members
  • 565 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Locationup north

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:26 PM

Had Proxes T1Rs on my old E30 and thought they were very good for the money. Weren't phased by a few laps of the ring but showed their limitations on a flooded autobahn in the worst rain I've ever seen on the way home. I can't say how good a more dedicated rain tyre would have been but I like them. If you think they're shit, try a pair of Fulda Y2000s on your rear axle for a bit of perspective
  • Vince70 likes this

#35 OFFLINE   fordperv

fordperv

• Full Members
  • 5,663 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Locationstoke on trent

Posted Yesterday, 01:07 PM

If you think toyo t1rs are shit in the wet try some maxxis map1, they made me look like i was driving a drift weapon when i had some on the saph, i promptly binned them off in favour of some falkens
  • Vince70 likes this
Sir slidealot, knight of the roundabout

#36 OFFLINE   twosmoke300

twosmoke300

• Full Members
  • 6,621 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationCornwall

Posted Yesterday, 02:45 PM

Sava I think are Slovak and owned by Goodyear, good 2nd tier tyre.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Has anyone else noticed that all the Chinese Ditch finder wannahockalugie specials are all "made by Michelin " or some such bollocks . Prob used a 30 year old pattern of theirs or such like

Saab 9-5 2.3t

Fiat Ducato 11 Jtd

Honda Crf250X

Suzuki TS50x

Kawasaki Ke175d

Prilla Pigsasshole 650

Corsa C 1.0

Saxo 1.5D

Honda Civic 5dr 1.4

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2

#37 OFFLINE   drewd

drewd

Rank Austin Metro

• Full Members
  • 23 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted Yesterday, 05:12 PM

Has anyone else noticed that all the Chinese Ditch finder wannahockalugie specials are all "made by Michelin " or some such bollocks . Prob used a 30 year old pattern of theirs or such like

Is this not just a case of the big players wanting something to cover all price points, but not wanting their "premium" brand name associated with the really crap tyres? Mostly offering high mileage and little traction.

Continental make Barum tyres, I've had both the Bravuris and Brilliantis. One offered predictable grip that would progressively slip when pushed, the other was OK in the dry, but awful in the wet.

Neither were as good as the Continental branded tyres I have used, but they were all used on different cars so I am not sure it's a fair comparison to say which is better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users