Honda Accord 2.0 Exec £600

Partridge

Right, with a new, more shite daily due to be collected soon (all will be revealed at a later date) my trusty Accord will need to go soon. 

289lbma.jpg

Test until October, 137k(ish) some history, no idea if it's a FSH or not because I can't be arsed to read through the War and Peace history file that came with it. The car is located in Hampshire, just off of junction 9, M27.

It's a Honda so the engine is sound. It loses no fluid at all, and in January I had the oil changed. The condenser is knackered, and the clutch is a bit vague, despite being only a couple of years old. Possibly needs adjusting. Goes in a straight line and stops in a straight line. No steering/suspension maladies to speak of. Four new Kumho tyres, which cost a 3rd of what I'm asking for the car!

Bodywork is good, but it it isn't perfect. There's a few giffer marks here and there. But it's very presentable, and the picture doesn't flatter it that much.

Bose stereo, which sounds gr9, non leaking and very working sunroof. It has a comedy home made mat for the driver. 

I'm quite reluctant to part with this because it's been so damn good as a winter hack - nothing phases this car and it's very comfy and quite fun to drive.

I'm afraid I can't take offers, (unless anyone has a Jag or a soft top they want to swap for it....No? Thought not.) roffle it, or deliver it.

Available from the 26th because that's when I'm planning on collecting my dismal new* daily.

Cheers! Yup, over about 6 months it has cost me £400, and half of that was tyres. You could probably easy run this for under a grand a year and it's as reliable as any new car. The "cheap cars aren't reliable" argument is, as you say, bollocks.

When people bang on about how they've got to spend several grand to get a 'reliable' car, this flies in the face of that. You could run something like that with minimal attention other than the usual consumables and lose nothing when it packs in eventually. GLWTS!

This.

3.5 years ago i needed to get a reliable car that would always get me to work whatever the weather or time of day - anywhere in the country.

I spent £800 on a Toyota Avensis and £200 on all season tyres. I've done 105k with zero FTPs.

This would be my next buy.

GLWS.

People get all hung up on 'it doesn't do 40mpg round the houses'. Something like this, probably does 30 if your gentle with it, but your actual ownership costs are next to fuck all, it's a a really well engineered car. Might cost you a fiver a week more in fuel than some Focus diesel or whatever, but you claim that back and more in terms of it rarely going wrong.

The vague clutch, have you tried bleeding it through? I'd guess it's hydraulic.

Still using cable clutches in the current batch of Hondas so probably a minor adjustment.

Engine will last for 1,000,000 years, in fact, so will probably* everything else.

Well bought.

FFS, don't tell me that, I'll end up keeping it!