Another unnecessary shonker - one more now being collected 24/3/7

JohnK

Will JohnK buy yet another unnecessary car that he doesn't need?

Fleet reduction has gone well, the Cannock Tigra briefly entered the fleet but has now been sold to somebody from work who was desperate for a cheap runabout. There's also an impending Renault 19 joining the fleet this week.

Browsing Facebook last night and I saw some pictures of a car with words that it would be for sale soon. I speculatively sent a message to the guy asking price/location.

A very favourable price was mooted and the car is 35 miles away - Bonus!

Alongside that, i was also aware of a friend selling a car which I've agreed to look at today too, chances are I will buy at least one...

Anyway off to trek up to view the first car soon. It is interesting and familiar(ish) to the JohnK fleet. Fingers crossed it is as promised with its description of '52k and never welded'

Movement will be made shortly...

1A875AF7-E1D4-46E4-A4AD-897205B6A0BF_zps

The brakes don't work! There's more air in the system than me after 10 pints.

Another trip will have to be made for a Test drive. Project aborted for now!

That reminds me of when I bought me Fregate. The seller spoke no English and I was in France, he tried to explain that you had to pump the brakes whilst we were on the test drive. It turned out the adjusters were seized so an easy fix when I got it home.

It's a very nice car Chris, but I do agree there are a lot of neglected ones about. Fortunately this looks to have led a fairly pleasant life.

I will do a full write up on it this weekend.

Anyway, without further dithering, today marks another collection. It's been a while since I travelled for a car (I think they last one was the Talbot from Junkman - I didn't Class the Cannock Tigra as I built that into a work trip).

RichBraith and I are off to Reading today to pick up yet another car I don't need. Might as well turn this into a collection thread ...

-'

Small profit on the Tigra which was enough for me & Mrs K to have a meal. It is a Vauxhall dash - my MK3 Cavalier.

Anyway after a mammoth 15 hours out of the house, the 19 is now in Teesside.

I met Rich in Thirsk this morning which is 25 miles south of me. On return we had to go to my house to drop the Merc and then I had to take Rich back to Thirsk to collect his 19.

The car I've bought today is absolutely fab for the price. Well chuffed with it, even if Rich is already trying to buy it off me.

I will do a fuller update tomorrow as I'm completely fucked after 600 miles/13.5 hours driving but for now enjoy the sight of two Renner 19's in the dark.

6D2C0802-7C84-4994-A955-C5DCBC46B4B2_zps

That 19 is awesome, I love mine but when one has PAS, it's hard to see how you would ever want another car.  Enjoyed the tape deck as well on the way home, glad I dug some of mine out to take.  Wonder if any of my fellow travellers in the traffic jam laughed at me singing every word to Opposites Attract by Paula Abdul?

Will I prise it off him to 'compliment' mine?  Time will tell ;)