Less modern laguna.. For SALE! Terrible price, £200, you have until monday at 9am to stake a claim!

beko1987

At last! Hooray, now get on with enjoying* it. You must be relieved though?

Fuck yea!

Although many thanks to scdan4 for the offer of a car for a few weeks should the worse happen. This place etc!

Now I can get back to my pottering list. It won't be to BFG's standards, but I should get the thermostat replaced before winter, and take mr boll up on his offer of a bush removal tool etc. First will be dropping the sump and sorting the dipstick then giving it a bloody oil change!

It runs well enough in the winter with the buggered thermostat don't worry about it ;-)

Don't bother dropping the sump either, you'll just end up with oil leaks...

I have the fear about the sump too, but I want a dipstick so I can change the oil! Not sure I feel confident just draining it and putting whatever the book says back in, especially as you said before it's susceptible to a good steam train impression if I get it wrong...

Or should I just shut up and do that?

Congrats fella. Considering all the threads on here suggest Lagunas suffer from anaphylactic shock when taken for MOT and/or or general repair, yours appears to have broken the mould. Obviously it'll throw a load of codes and reward you with limp mode when you fire it up in the morning, but that's minor detail tbh. Proper job.

Congrats fella. Considering all the threads on here suggest Lagunas suffer from anaphylactic shock when taken for MOT and/or or general repair, yours appears to have broken the mould. Obviously it'll throw a load of codes and reward you with limp mode when you fire it up in the morning, but that's minor detail tbh. Proper job.

Thanks to Sic I can turn them straight back off!

Infact after yesterday dare I saw the gearbox seems to change up and down smoother?

Did I read somewhere I need some special square sump plug key rather than the slightly oversized hex bit I hammer in usually?

More than likely. Most French cars use them. Halfords sell a set but they might be cheaper on eBay. I'd lend you mine if I thought I could find them in my storage unit!

Pretty much all PSA stuff uses the square drive plug, not sure about Renault

Congrats on the pass!I wouldn't worry about the dipstick either.

The one on my DCi Scenic has been broken for years and I change my oil every 3000 miles without it.

As has been said, either go by manufacturers quantity or go under and use the dash display to check.

Mine is the 1.9 lump and is supposed to have a little over 5 litres.

I just throw in 5 and that's always been good enough.

Cheers

Ben

Did I read somewhere I need some special square sump plug key rather than the slightly oversized hex bit I hammer in usually?

If you don't have a dipstick then I'd look at a plea type vac pump, you can see how much you have sucked out against the graduations on the pump catch pot, if you were closer I'd let you borrow mine (I'm in Northamptonshire), maybe a local shiter has one you can use?

i bought mine off the bay,twas about £4.50 posted.

just found this,it will do.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LASER-1578-OIL-SUMP-DRAIN-PLUG-KEY-8-13mm-SQUARE-CITROEN-NISSAN-PEUGEOT-SUBARU-/252378000873?epid=1705858776&hash=item3ac2e6ade9:g:J88AAOSwLs5XKb7v

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think this was anything to do with the 5000+ pikeys we have had in thame this week or just kids, but after we had eggs for breakfast we saw eggs on our cars...

post-5612-0-31611600-1502463311_thumb.jpg

And the gooner

post-5612-0-80882600-1502463331_thumb.jpg

They must have been a shit shot as there were several just on the floor. But ive got today off, so got the gear out and washed the Zafira (no damage) and Amy went out. So I washed the gooner! (again, no damage but tbh I wouldn't have cared if there was)

Gooner needed a wash ah way, I haven't touched it since the small wash I gave it a few pages ago

post-5612-0-64095200-1502463411_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-77253600-1502463438_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-96242200-1502463459_thumb.jpg

Etc. Came up well with just a rinse, foam, wheels, wash and dry

post-5612-0-95514500-1502463488_thumb.jpg

As I was finishing my car, a chap from across the cul de sac came home and confirmed that it wasn't just us it happened to

post-5612-0-05920400-1502463528_thumb.jpg

I told him to park behind the gooner and I'd get it off for him. He then asked if I could wash it, as he's seen me out before on weekend marathons so I said sure, and spent 2 hours giving it a very thorough wash. Didn't go to town, said I would do that another day when I've got time and the sun's not beating down, but the egg came off, and it's the cleanest it's looked in the 4 years he has owned it

post-5612-0-20913700-1502463615_thumb.jpg

He had a Mazda xedos when we first moved it, utterly hanging but always with decent tyres etc. He gave me £30 too, result!

Will see tomorrow if I have to do it all over again...

• 2 months later...

So, as part of my moan in the grumpy thread a while ago about the vision at night, some digging revealed that the adjustment arms for the Hid lights can break off, causing them to default to low. Plus it's not running fantastically, the mpg has dropped down a few, and the brakes aren't binding, and when it kicks down on the motorway it blows out a power cloud, although not when gunning it up through the gears (I've tried to fix it the easy way...)

So after spending 20 minutes looking for my car clothes, I went out there! And removed the undertray

post-5612-0-29128100-1509810713_thumb.jpg

This took another half an hour as one bolt was rusted in place, and helpfully, as I found out it wasn't a nut above it, but a round threaded bit. So fuck it, I tore a hole around the bolt, it's held up fine with the rest. It was also bloody heavy as all the foam was full of oil.

I sat under it whilst it was running, wiping stuff off and was none the wiser. If I was a betting man I'd say it's coming from the top and running down, and has been for some years

post-5612-0-97843900-1509810821_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-88497200-1509810837_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-07255600-1509810883_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-39824300-1509810902_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-88585800-1509810921_thumb.jpg

None the wiser! So back on with the undertray and off the ramps, then off with the front wheel, and aha!

post-5612-0-77798900-1509810981_thumb.jpg

The clip at the end is snapped. Someone on facebook showed me an amazing repair for this, which looks stronger than the bloody car

post-5612-0-09384600-1509811206_thumb.png

But I'm not buggaring about with that until I'm sure that's the issue, so I cable tied it on for testing

post-5612-0-79510900-1509811273_thumb.jpg

I then had the back wheel off to check, and it was fine

post-5612-0-49130900-1509811300_thumb.jpg

I had both plugs out and gave them a blast with switch cleaner, but tbh they were spotless so I can't see that being the issue.

I got fucking filthy, mainly because the car looks like this atm

post-5612-0-29655400-1509811348_thumb.jpg

I was going to fanny about removing pipes from the engine and having a good old poke about, but it started to rain, and we're off out later, so I sacked it all off and here I am!

Will go move the car in a sec and see if the headlights are better, itll be dark in a bit.

Got these codes from the engine, will have a look into those later. Haven't cleared them yet

post-5612-0-60544400-1509811447_thumb.png

These were for the headlights, but ive cleared those now so I can keep an eye on it. Paid the 99p for 14 days of oh no renault, so id best check it in the week after a few trips to work

post-5612-0-98193700-1509811498_thumb.png

I fixed the arm on the back of mine by drilling through the middle and put a bolt with nuts and washers through it.

Also on the app, on the screen you read the codes, you can reset the light position in the menu. This will centre the lights in the correct location, assuming it's on a level road.

I fixed the arm on the back of mine by drilling through the middle and put a bolt with nuts and washers through it.

Also on the app, on the screen you read the codes, you can reset the light position in the menu. This will centre the lights in the correct location, assuming it's on a level road.

Oooh fantastic, will do that! It's parked on the level now!

Thought I'd check tyre pressures this morning, having not done it since, Erm,....

None had lost a drop. All were wrong as I didn't change them when I swapped the wheels around so the fronts are 39psi and the rears down to 35psi.

I also now have a "change oil soon" message on the dash when I start up, the miles until service screen is blank now its dipped below 1000 miles.

Can't say an oil change is top of my list for it, even though it probably needs it!

It thinks it's a steam train now!

Jumped it this morning, and noticed some blueish smoke puffing out from under the engine cover. Gingerly lofted it off and the 2nd (i think their injectors?) thing was puffing out smoke in time with the engine...

Drove to work as I couldn't do much else and had another look, and the first one is blowing pretty little oil spurts out!

post-5612-0-93126600-1510741434_thumb.jpg

The left 2 in the picture

post-5612-0-07312500-1510741464_thumb.jpg

Its deffo oil, I caught some!

I'm sure it's just a little seal that needs replacing, don't see it being a difficult job at all... Any thoughts from anyone?