Less modern laguna.. For SALE! Terrible price, £200, you have until monday at 9am to stake a claim!

beko1987

Yes and yes! Was careful to do that, made the waterpump pliers leave big indents! I think I've just disturbed everything, should have just left it... Opened the loctite I bought for the merivas cambelt and never used too...

Will do Kiltox. I'll double check. Tried to spin each one with the tre off and there was no movement. The gaitor is only held on with a cable tie so easily checked

If the whole bottom arm comes out that would be easier, ill have a Google later.

I have a 110v bosch grinder and various grinding discs in the boot, euro car parts at 8, hopefully national tyres by 10, in the office by 1.45 at the latest.

I do love a deadline! On the plus side on the 8 mile trip I did today the steering no longer crashes over everything, and when it's not pulling me about (which I think is coming from the passenger side) it's nice and precise now!

I won't get my hopes up too much yet though, I imagine the big nuts on the ball joint will be a bastard, and ive only got wd40...

Picked up my chair and camping bag for shitefest too though, so not all bad

Well that was a cunt! Should have drilled the rivets out rather than used a grinder but it's done now. Highlights include whacking the back of my hand with the lump hammer, and when the ball joint came out from the hub the hub sprang out, hit me in the chest and pulled the driveshaft out of the box...

It seems ok now, just had a test drive and got up to 60 and no snatchy steering. Going to limp to get some tracking done soon, then off to work.

Haven't done the drivers side. I don't have time, especially now I know what a bastard it will be. It'll be fine*. Wish I'd saved myself £12 now, never mind, I'll do it one day

The last knock from the front seems to have gone though, which is promising

And because I haven't got a printer at home the tracking will be £30 not £15. He did say it would be a free check then a charge if it needs adjustment. I told him it would need adjustment...

12.30 it's booked in for

The tracking done, but the £50 I tried to pay with is a houblon, and out of circulation. Which is a pisser as I got given that yesterday. Already text the lady who gave it to me, and amys having to drag the kids out to come and rescue me as I haven't got enough on my card to pay.

This has just been a total fuck up from start to finish really

Nope, 2014 the banks stopped taking them. The lady who gave it to me said she will swap it for legal money and slap her son around the head who gave it to me, so hopefully it'll be straight forward

Otherwise I've got to post it to the bank of England at my own risk, which seems foolproof that no postman will lift an envelope with the boe's cash swap address on...

Home! (well, have been for half an hour but logged straight on as I majorly took the piss today)

It drives fine again, doesn't crash over everything, no knocks or bangs anymore from the front! The steering wheel is still off centre but I couldn't give a fuck for now. The wheel shake is still there at 60 but I'm not getting them balanced up at the moment!

Sort of didn't want to do this much work, certainly can't afford to but now it has new inner tie rods, new track rod ends, a lower balljoint on the passenger side and tracking, which the guy said was very very out, as I sat in his waiting room for an hour and 10 minutes!

I've done fuck all shitefest prep too so far, that will have to be done one evening this week. Currently have £0 to bring, but will have a full tank of fuel. It'll be fine! At least the gooner will get me there now ....

Fuck, why did I just say that?

Also, when I had the ZX I pulled a driveshaft out of that by accident doing the balljoint, and gearbox fluid came flowing out. The gooner gave a little dribble and then nothing... Is that correct? Tough luck to it if it isn't tbh but I did worry slightly

Still might be possible to change in a bank - often done by them out of goodwill, worth an ask if a problem.

My dad said stick it and some other note into the cashing in envelope and use the machine, he would be surprised if they say anything

Guest Hooli

Good job it did, otherwise you'd been procuring some angel tears JWS3309 fluid and having the fun* of getting the box to 80C spot on to check and fill the fluid.

My local car shop does this http://www.carlube.co.uk/transmission-fluids/carlube-atf-u-automatic-transmission-fluid

Which claims to meet the spec. It's what I threw in the Saab after I cured that oil cooler leak anyway & the box is still improving so it must be ok in them. £25 a gallon I think.

To be fair, its not as expensive or rare as it used to be. Back in the mid 2000s, it was extremely expensive and hard to get - plus as the cars were worth more, people were more loathed to put anything but the most finest expensive oils in.