Less modern laguna.. For SALE! Terrible price, £200, you have until monday at 9am to stake a claim!

beko1987

Just checked the coolant and not a drop used. Which is nice. Queuing up for fuel earlier the needle went to the normal mark and the heaters got hot! It held that all the way home too.

I also took advantage of my shitty hoover videos putting me back in the black by going £68.69 back into the red for 58l of fuel.(get paid Thursday so I'm only borrowing it from myself) After reaching the heady heights of 1,132 miles of range after I reset the computer it settled down to 670,which would be nice!

Nice! I have the same sized tank and it usually tells me (an optimistic) 350 miles range.

I have no idea what the actual range is, will try not to drive it unusually fast and see what it does! Xantia used to do 550/600 miles to 50 litres, and I don't think that was much more economical real world (goona showed 37mpg over the last few days. Showing 44 atm but I wafted home and haven't driven it again yet, so I'm ignoring that)

Just moved my car ready to try and out our old bed in it to take it to the tip tomorrow (parked behind the gate whilst it was clear) and encountered the brake thing for the first time. It's quite strange. Takes a heavy shove on the pedal to slow. Reverse was fine though.

Guest Hooli

Just to back up what SiC said, the Saab does the same about revs dropping right down at 40ish when you lift off. most newer autos I've driven do much the same.

If you want engine braking just pop it in M & flick the switches on the wheel, I've been using that a lot the last couple of days for engine braking down hill.

Just popped our old bed to the tip, and had a tinker whilst putting the seats back up.

Switched the switched and perm live around on the head unit to see if that made it remember stuff, it didn't. Not sure if it's the rubbish head unit or car wiring.

Had a quick shufty underneath too, it's very very clean, which is nice. Did spot an undertray though, never had a car with one of those before

Also had a look and failed to spot a fuse by the obd port.

Well this is still going well. Despite it scaring the shit out of me earlier by beeping for me to put the handbrake on as I pulled away from home (door was open...).

However, I thought I would take precautions and treat myself...

post-5612-0-54595100-1490886018_thumb.jpg

This is probably the only time I'll ever say that I spent £120 and hope to never have to use it!

Also bought a cheap centre console trim as it came with a good hazard switch and cupholder which I'll fit to my cream one.

I've killed the head unit I think... With my phone holder screwed to the faceplate, the head unit rattles forward over time. Never an issue.

Until on the way home, when I pushed it back and it turned off... It's not blown the fuse, and I don't think it's shorted out the wiring, but I'm stumped!

I thought I'd do fault finding, so had the wiring out to check, and I can't find 12v anywhere, although I think I was probing the wrong wires

post-5612-0-58684200-1490905464_thumb.jpg

The fuse on the head unit is fine, so I've either killed it or killed the car... But everything works fine on the car.

One thing I found is this

post-5612-0-47631200-1490905608_thumb.jpg

Which apparently should have a fuse in it. But I'm scared to fit one, so probably won't for now...

Anyone know where to prod to get 12v out of a wire? Once I see that I'll be happier that it's the radio and not the car.

Going to be a quiet drive to somerset if I don't get it fixed!

stereo-wiring-harness-adaptor.jpg

Them ISO connections are standard, the wire colours in your picture looks standard too.

The connectors look the same but one has an offset release arm.

Some car manufacturers (forget which...) need the constant live and ignition/switched over.

Yeah, Beko has done that - the red and yellow go to yellow and red. There's some weird stuff going off with the red from the car side, it looks like it feeds back off the plug towards the car loom to a bullet splitter?

Might be worth putting it all back - yellow to yellow, red to red, and make sure there's nothing plugged back into itself.

I've tried all combinations of the connectors, it worked both ways before too.

Bloody good shout on using a random bolt for Earth, didn't think of that! I'll have a probe over the weekend and see! I'd imagine whatever fuse runs the wires runs a million other things, and ive not found anything that doesn't work yet...

None of the fuses under the drivers side of the dash is broken though. Not sure I have the balls to fit a fuse to the ashtray bit though, maybe that's why the obd doesn't work...

Well, I feel a little bit silly

post-5612-0-65479300-1490913739_thumb.jpg

The fuse with the picture of the telephone had gone pop. Replaced it and voila, one working radio!

I did take some pictures but none have come out, so we shall re visit that, bit there is no permanent live in that bit of loom... There's one chopped wire that emits about 2v with the ignition off, apart from that, it's all switched. Where can I take a perm live to feed a radio from? What's alive all the time and beefy enough?

I extended the short red wire that caused all this issue with some crimps and 1960's hoover supressor cable, and put it all together.

Then I took a deep breath and fitted a fuse to the obd fuse...

And it works! My obd reader doesnt like oh no renault, or I didn't do the insert cars, hold start for 10 seconds thing right, but torque found a fault code...

post-5612-0-25548800-1490913951_thumb.png

The cars never said there was an issue, so I cleared it and packed up.

Job jobbed, but I need a perm live to make the radio work properly...