Less modern laguna.. For SALE! Terrible price, £200, you have until monday at 9am to stake a claim!

beko1987

hope you bought aa cover also :o

Not yet! Riding bareback on this. Well, I have cover with the bank for up to 10 miles, luckily I'm rarely more than 10 miles either way of either home or my mums. Depending on where I break down depends where I an living at the time conveniently!

Guest Breadvan72

I think you look lofferly, Beko.  Don't do yerself down.  

Have a go in the Dolly next time.

The Laguna is a smooth drive, and rather scarily modern.  I rented a manual saloon one of these on a ski trip circa 2006, IIRC.  It struck me as fast and quiet, but not very handly on mountain roads.  It was probably a bit povvo spec inside, because rental car.  

Guest Breadvan72

"And here you can see where the oil leaks out, a fine design by renault as it saves using the dipstick to check the level. If it leaks, it's got oil in"

Beko took the plastic cover off.  The engine underneath the cover actually looks like an engine.  It is quite oily. 

I can't promise I won't, but I'll do it very early in the morning so I have all day to shut it...

Im sure they must, would have caused issues at the mot if they didn't and it's not been mentioned on previous tests

Headlamp washers aren't tested at MOT, just the windscreen washers and wipers so even the rear wiper won't cause you grief.

Edit. Unless it has Xenons. I've just thought of that, don't Xenons have to have a washer? Damn. But yeah, switch the headlamps on to test them.

Guest Breadvan72

I'll put on my tartan slippers and shuffle over to put the soothing tones of Radio 2 on. Hopefully they'll have that nice Cliff Adams and Sing Something Simple playing.

LBC, you do realise that much of the music on Radio 2 is played by blackamoors, don't you?   Must dash, got to put some UKIP "Fuck the young" stickers on the Granny.

Guest Breadvan72

Wot is the crossing point from 'non giffer' to 'giffer'.  Is it an age related thing or is it brought on by bumper corner scrapes or the driving of a certain make and model car ?  

I think it's to do with choice of car, driving everywhere at a constant 40 mph, clipping coupons, talking a lot about your medical problems, and so on.  I am an old fucker, but am striving to avoid gifferage and hang on to the coke and hookers lifestyle for as long as possible.  Pathetic, I know.

Beko took the plastic cover off. The engine underneath the cover actually looks like an engine. It is quite oily.

It is very oily, but I had another look at home and it's all old oil, and the sponge thing under the engine cover is saturated, so I'm not sure if it's not just that squeezing oil everywhere. Certainly smelt no oil on the way home or traffic, and the thing was running for over an hour. Will possibly clean it up and keep an eye on it, maybe

The air con works nicely too, but it has a sunroof, so I have a choice of what to use!

Guest Hooli

but it has a sunroof

Oh gawd.....

Make sure the drains stay clear, it's those blocking that causes the UCH (body ECU) to get wet & die. They exit behind the arch liners at the back of the front arches.

Kiltox said the carpets get damp sometimes, so I'll make that priority number 1 to look at.

Where does the handbook pack sit in the car? I doubt it's got one but if it's hidden in a stupid place that's why I can't find it. About to register in the renault forum, wish me luck, it looks proper complicated

Guest Hooli

There is a little tray in the top of the glovebox from memory.

The drains aren't too hard to do, with the steering on full lock you can probably get to them & poke them out. It's what caused a total FTP a month after I got my goona, £120 for all the ECUs 2nd hand to sort as they are coded together.

About to register in the renault forum, wish me luck, it looks proper complicated

Renault Forums are complex. They've got loads of features that nobody really wanted, and are so new that they ultimately break and cause havoc.

One day you'll log in, there'll be a cryptic error message and it'll kick you out. When you Google it, it'll turn out that every other Renault forum does it due to a blocked cache.

Then your password will stop working anyway.