Less modern laguna.. For SALE! Terrible price, £200, you have until monday at 9am to stake a claim!

beko1987

• 4 weeks later...

So, it's been about 3 tanks of fuel since the magic potion treatment, and as I pulled back into my parking space tonight the shaking idle was back! It deffo went away with the Forte stuff in, so seems to be 'an non terminal issue' rather than what it does. Will be interesting to see if the injection light comes back on soon...

Do I lob another bottle through, or start maybe actually twirling a spanner on it? Plan C is to leave it of course, but that's boring (unless it needs a new turbo or something, then it can go whistle...

• 1 month later...

Thought it was high time I maybe do some work that's needed on the tub

post-5612-0-43676000-1521800425_thumb.png

Should make the steering less vague and wobbly, drop links just because the front end does clonk about a bit, and for a tenner it seemed rude not to. Exhaust rubbers because the cable tie won't last forever.

All paid for with youtube ad revenue too so its free* (even though I probably spend more time earning £100 a month from yt than it's worth, but meh, keeps me off the streets)

You tried adding 200ml of two stroke to each tank yet? I do that and it adds a nice bit of lubrication to the injectors and pump and quitens it down further....

Might try that, did have a bottle of 2 stroke lying around somewhere, if not my stepdad will have some

Last ones I bought on eBay lasted about a week and when I removed them about a month later had rusted themselves solid like 10 year old ones do!!!

Straight to the grinder when taking the old ones off, don’t fuck about

The cheap euro car parts ones I got for the green ZX were fine for a year or so, and still fine when Dean_numbers cut the car up, and I cant imagine they were much better than the ebay ones bar costing more

They are better. That’s what I replaced the week old ones with and they lasted until the car was written off 2 years later

Well I'll take a punt for a tenner and see if it improves it, if it does then I'll make a mental note to not get angry if they break 7 days later! The ones on there might be fine still, but I want to vaguley investigate the various knocks and bangs the car has, just without sinking actual proper money in, because you know, laguna2..

Legally it's still an MOT failure because I've not investigated the horn yet

I'll have the front end jacked up to do the steering, hence thinking I may as well have them next to me rather than remembering to do it another day then never getting round to it.

Can't be as bad as the Zafira, it's drop links are flipping plastic!

Might try that, did have a bottle of 2 stroke lying around somewhere, if not my stepdad will have some

The garage I work in has just invested in a setup for a product called tec4.

It's a machine that uses various treatments and detergents to clean the injectors, the fuel system and the inlet.

We had it demo'd on a 2011 Seat Ibiza Diesel and it stopped a knock as well as reducing the emissions and dramatically improving the way the car drives responds and drives.

With the new emissions regs coming in May, cars like your Laguna and my Scenic which have the same engine won't pass the new limit of 1.5.

I had my emissions tested today and they came out a 3.99. The current limit is 3! So I'm having the full works done on mine Monday and will see what it brings the emissions down to.

Ill report back if you are interested?

• 2 weeks later...

So it turns out my genuine renault exhaust is in tip top order, having the whole rear of the system held up by the centre pipe and backbox join was a good test...

Luckily all my tools are at mums in readiness for Gareths bloody exhaust turning up one day, so I popped over in the sunshine

post-5612-0-98737400-1522929146_thumb.jpg

That's a bit lower than it should be. Got the back up on stands to give me a bit more room, put some cardboard under so I didn't get my work clothes too dirty and slid under

post-5612-0-00661500-1522929329_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-62535900-1522929346_thumb.jpg

Was a simple job really... Everything undid, so one side off

post-5612-0-22630000-1522929378_thumb.jpg

Other side off

post-5612-0-74658500-1522929394_thumb.jpg

The mounts bolted onto the backbox, then I jacked it up in the middle and it lifted perfectly into place. Lick of copper grease on the bolts and the job is done!

post-5612-0-30360500-1522929440_thumb.jpg

Initial impressions are it no longer knocks when I turn the car on, so that's positive! Will see if any other noises have gone on the drive home

• 2 weeks later...

Sit rep...

Air con doesn't work anymore, I think the fins falling out of the cooler rad have let all the cold out... Half of me is telling myself to get a fucking grip, I've had cars with no air con before... The other half is about to look on ebay for cheap air con rads...

Had the sun roof open today! Below 45 it's not too bad, over 45 and it gets a bit blowy, I was flicking my ash out the window and it was coming back in... But the sunroof works. Left it Parked at work with it open and it wasn't an oven at the end of the day

Brake squeal. The rears seem to be squealing when slowly reversing, the fronts under braking. Sodding things, the rears may just need a tickle, although I did give the calipers a light going over when I did the rear pads (which is just what I did to the blue one that proceeded to shit its rear calipers up...) fronts have not been touched bar a light bleed whilst I bled the rears, and look used, but fine for a while yet. Will keep an eye on the noise.

Still haven't washed it in my ownership...

Between 52 and 55mpg with a heavy mix of m40 and various back roads, about 700 miles a week (not for much longer I hope!

Front steering replacement parts still rolling around in the boot with no date in mind to get them fitted

Rear windows still don't work (really not fussed about that though)

Due another oil change in 1500 miles, and Ill get a fuel filter too. Then I can reset the service indicator so the spanner stops flashing at me

Not seen the eml for a few weeks now either, and haven't fed it any more magic juice.

Good laguna! (touches wood)

I got it to 38 average!

I did as I was told with the blue one! When it wants money, kill it! Why can't the same be true for women?

This one seems more robust so not adverse to throwing a few pennies at it on cheap parts. Mainly because it's not blowing as much crank pressure out of the injector seals as it does from the exhaust