Less modern laguna.. For SALE! Terrible price, £200, you have until monday at 9am to stake a claim!

beko1987

So here we are

post-5612-0-19673800-1512395518_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-19419600-1512395524_thumb.jpg

All I need to do tomorrow is bring my large torx set to work and have the steering wheel off and the indicator stalk out, and I am (I think) done with YT55 ENP. Bit sad in a way, certainly the highest spec posh car I've ever had, thanks for letting me have a go of it Kiltox, want it back?

Also filmed the dashboard startup sequence and made it into a fun GIF

post-5612-0-70412200-1512395594_thumb.gif

In new car news, the middle 2 12v socket's don't work, the horror, especially since I plug my phone charger into the cubby hole one. Have got the working sockets out of the old car, and will have a look at some point, plugging in a known working socket reveals it's still dead so will have a look at fuses incase the dash and boot ones run off a different one. Not too high a priority though...

Beko, Ive lost the plot, are you scrapping the ex-Kiltox Goona, and you've bought another one??!

Where was the new one from.

Sorry, been AWOL.

Ex Kiltox gooner was poorly due to neglect and usual laguna things

Ruffgeezer's 1.9dci laguna was purchased for £150 which meant driving to Junkman's favourite County, and everything he says about driving there is 100% true (40 minutes to drive 10 miles etc)

24v6turbo and a few other people furnished me with a list of parts wanted from the Kiltox one with promise of electronic monies, so they have been removed and are cluttering up my mums utility room

Ive swapped lots of pointless little bits over to the new laguna whilst they were there for the picking

The remains of the ex Kiltox gooner are being picked up for frag on Thursday

Beko can start again with an equally terrible car which should be free once the above is sorted, and pay off his overdraft

Life continues (probably) !

Help at all?

Neglect?! That car was cherished I’ll have yo...... hahahahaha

Cherished at one point! I let it slide, and enjoyed utterly free, just add fuel motoring. And tbh in this example it worked, as I could have replaced the rear bushes, flushed the gearbox, changed the oil, fixed the headlights, fixed the coolant leak and changed the thermostat and it still would have shat 2 injector seals. And then I would have had to fix it...

Won't be quite as miserable with the new one, itll get a service and such, wont go over the top thoigh

Sam, I don't think you need the steering wheel off to get the indicator stalk out, just make sure the wheel is turned away a bit so you don't break the tab on the new one putting it back in!

I'll give it a go on the old one, not taken the wheel off yet, but have the air bag off so I can see.

Sniff

post-5612-0-71674900-1512649390_thumb.jpg

Wish they'd told me they were towing it, I'd have secured the front bumper with more than 2 cable ties... And tweaked the rear wheel nuts up... Still, their problem now. The guy was quite surprised he turned up and I already had it running and ready to go!

I'm a 1 laguna man again now! Watch it shit itself next week... Also, just realised I'm a bit of a wally got buying a hatchback, where will I sleep at shitefest now! Best check it out next year and see if I need to buy a tent