Less modern laguna.. For SALE! Terrible price, £200, you have until monday at 9am to stake a claim!

beko1987

<p>

Front and rear fog lamps

Presence, condition and operation

The Tester will inspect:

• front fog lamps fitted to vehicles first used on or after 1 March 2018
  • the 1 rear fog lamp which must be fitted to the centre or offside of vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1980

Ohhh didn’t realise it was only for new cars

Front and rear fog lamps

Presence, condition and operation

The Tester will inspect:

• front fog lamps fitted to vehicles first used on or after 1 March 2018
  • the 1 rear fog lamp which must be fitted to the centre or offside of vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1980

Yayyyyyy. Anything about gopping holes in the front bodywork?

CarTakeBack quoted £181 collected for a 1997 Volvo V70 T5 (or £239 delivered) so that seems about the going rate for that sort of size car. 

I've agreed to buy it for £200. Needs heater matrix but MOTd to August, leather, only two owners and 128k  Should be collecting it the same day as Beko gets the 406.  I'll start a thread when I have it.

Sorry for thread drift!

I don't think BeEp has bought mine, he's on about a different car!

Its been faultless in my ownership! Not one ftp ever, starts first time, almost everything works, what doesn't is because I can't be bothered/don't care (rear windows) and I was fully prepared to carry on snottering about with it before bramz messed everything up, I've always wanted to try a 406!

I hope it's saved too, and I'm a bit sad the price isn't cheaper, if I'd got bored in March on work bonus month it would be given away as I wouldn't need the money, but I'm turning on my Monzo overdraft to buy the 406, and a £204 cheque dropped straight back in will turn it back off again! Hence the £40 of derv as a sweetener!

I have every confidence it'll pass its mot tbh, it flew through last year bar an advisory for the steering arms which I sorted way back in the spring! It's a bit tired, but still drives fine!

Apologies for any confusion, I was referring to the Volvo in my previous sentence,  Was just using it as a comparison of CarTakeBack prices (other car collection services are available etc,,,)

My bad.

Although I'm pretty sure you now have to buy it dude.  Apologies (!)

I don't think BeEp has bought mine, he's on about a different car!

Its been faultless in my ownership! Not one ftp ever, starts first time, almost everything works, what doesn't is because I can't be bothered/don't care (rear windows) and I was fully prepared to carry on snottering about with it before bramz messed everything up, I've always wanted to try a 406!

I hope it's saved too, and I'm a bit sad the price isn't cheaper, if I'd got bored in March on work bonus month it would be given away as I wouldn't need the money, but I'm turning on my Monzo overdraft to buy the 406, and a £204 cheque dropped straight back in will turn it back off again! Hence the £40 of derv as a sweetener!

I have every confidence it'll pass its mot tbh, it flew through last year bar an advisory for the steering arms which I sorted way back in the spring! It's a bit tired, but still drives fine!

I ran a 54 plate Goona 1.9DCi Sport Tourer for six months and had zero grief, apart from losing one of the bastard keycards in the space of 20 seconds - never to be seen again. It literally vanished into thin air. 

I ran a 54 plate Goona 1.9DCi Sport Tourer for six months and had zero grief, apart from losing one of the bastard keycards in the space of 20 seconds - never to be seen again. It literally vanished into thin air.

They don't like being put through the washing machine, both mine are missing the key part (there is a brand new key bit in the history file though) and battery. One could be reassembled but the other one snapped a big part off.

Good job I never lock it ever!

Yes, and that's a good selling point I forgot to say my, cambelt etc is less than halfway through its life! And a Bible of service history! I've even filled in the old giffer notebook with bits I've done that chronicles it's last 5 years just to carry it on.

There's a week to save it!

I really don’t like Ph1 Lag 2s (unless they’re PISS GREEN) but this sounds like a decent proposition IMO

Buy car with 400 miles of juice in the tank

Waft through an mot, either with a friendly tester for the fog light, be safe that it's not a fail anyway or replace it

Drive it until it goes bang at 53mpg on a run in 6th gear

Scrap it for most of your money back when it does expire

There's bits of your old car on it too, wheels, speakers, sun visor, cabin filter...

Due to the collection of Nu_car being bought forward to tomorrow morning, I have my ASM quote printed and in the car ready for drop off monday morning, so speak now or forever hold your peace! Can keep it hidden around the corner for a week if needed for collection, but it will be untaxed and uninsured. £40 fuel offer still stands!

It's always sad emptying a car when it's the end, even sadder when it's going for scrap! I couldn't look it in the face as I removed everything

It's funny - about 13 years ago I drove a LHD 1978 728 to my local breakers, LC Hughes in Bicester. It was on Dutch plates and I'd done a fair few epic trips in it. I got 100 quid for it iirc.

I saw it a month later, stacked on top of another scrapper with bits ripped off it - I felt violated. That's my car.

No it ain't.