Less modern laguna.. For SALE! Terrible price, £200, you have until monday at 9am to stake a claim!

beko1987

Already been told off on the renner forum..

DONT ASK TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN YOUR INTRO POST...

I wasn't you twat, I was just listing things. Apparently saying stuff vaguley technical is frowned upon in the wrong forum

Isn't that one of the reasons you join a forum? You buy a new car and you need a point in the right direction to fix bits find out how other people fixed the bits you want to fix?

Isn't that one of the reasons you join a forum? You buy a new car and you need a point in the right direction to fix bits find out how other people fixed the bits you want to fix?

I think I'm just spoilt after years on here! All I was doing was vaguley listing the things wrong with my car in a whimsical way, not asking hardcore questions.

I've got over 5 posts now so don't need moderator approval it seems.

Yes don't do that...

The circuit board inside the card is only half the length of the card & the rest is the battery holder. If you flex the card too much the battery connections snap where they join the board, I had to fix the replacement card I got with all the ECUs. They are a bit of a bugger to open without cutting your fingers apart.

These keyless cards have more in them than the old Laguna II cards too. My local dealer told me its £150 flat fee to replace and program cards in.

I was on the Renault forums when I had my Clio and you hardly got any replies and even when you did, they were clueless.

I had a 59plate Dynamique and from 10plate the Dynamique became Dynamique TomTom which added obviously sat nav, but also Bluetooth and cruise control. I asked how easy it would be to add Bluetooth and cruise to my car considering the 6months newer model which has them was otherwise identical to my car, some said "needs new stereo" which wasn't the case, yes 11 plate and newer had a different style stereo but same functions but the 10 and 60 reg ones used Bluetooth using same stereo as mine. Others simply said "can't be done" or "needs to be specced from factory to work"

Certainly was not the helpful posts and replies I used to get on Vauxhall forums let alone the useful replies to topics we get on here. They are muppets!

Emailed a few breakers and there's a 2006 Dynamique in their yard, apparently I need to sign myself in and go remove shit too, which sounds ace but is the audio shit different between the Dynamique and Initiale? I don't really need anything else, maybe some wheels if mine are buckled but I imagine they will be expensive.

I'd like them to be the same, I've never been to a real life scrapyard and removed shit from cars before!

Certainly was not the helpful posts and replies I used to get on Vauxhall forums let alone the useful replies to topics we get on here. They are muppets!

Vauxhalls owners seem to like to give their cars constant care, attention and repair while when Renault owners have problems with their cars, they invariably just chuck them away and get another.

If you want to see a boring forum, have a look at the Honda Jazz forum. Post highlights include "What MPG do you get?", Brake disc and pad life, the merits of super unleaded and the most exciting... "Slight lurches when throttle held in one position during acceleration". :mrgreen:

You see, that's why I don't mind the modern forum on here. Because many of our members have much modern experience, and without fail you get a straight, honest and insightful 'it's fucked m8' and you know where you stand!

Emailed a few breakers and there's a 2006 Dynamique in their yard, apparently I need to sign myself in and go remove shit too, which sounds ace but is the audio shit different between the Dynamique and Initiale?

Yes. You may be able to retrofit the stereo from a Dynamique and swap over the display at the top with a small, non sat-nav display. Or you might not. Have to check wiring diagrams.

I don't really need anything else, maybe some wheels if mine are buckled but I imagine they will be expensive.

Those wheels you have on are Initalie specific iirc. I'd swap fronts to back and see if that makes any difference. Also check trackrod ends, as these are made of cheese. My wheel shimming was fixed with new tyres and a rebalance.

I see its a 2.2, does it shift?

Yes if you push the go pedal really really hard, it realises and then redlines! Reading on the forums my oily engine may be an inlet manifold/rocker cover gasket leak, if it is apparently it goes even better when that's fixed, but I'm not rushing to do that job!

The autobox is a bit rev happy if you push on hard, but I suppose that's what an autobox does. I could use the manual gears. I did this morning actually, was doing 50 up a slight incline on a straight road, and it was holding 4th. Quick pop to manual and 5th saw it wafting quite nicely! Not sure what happens if I forget I'm in manual and slow down too much, does the box realize and shift down for me? Or does it stall in a hilarious* way?

Yes. You may be able to retrofit the stereo from a Dynamique and swap over the display at the top with a small, non sat-nav display. Or you might not. Have to check wiring diagrams.

Those wheels you have on are Initalie specific iirc. I'd swap fronts to back and see if that makes any difference. Also check trackrod ends, as these are made of cheese. My wheel shimming was fixed with new tyres and a rebalance.

Wiring diagrams? Can't I just look and if it's the same just use it? Loosing the sat nav and having a smaller display might be good, will see.

The tyres look OK, although I have made them squeal before when cornering with less vigour than I would in the xantia on the same roads/corners in the dry. The tracking is out though, and the wheel points to the left.

Emailed a few breakers and there's a 2006 Dynamique in their yard, apparently I need to sign myself in and go remove shit too, which sounds ace but is the audio shit different between the Dynamique and Initiale? I don't really need anything else, maybe some wheels if mine are buckled but I imagine they will be expensive.

I'd like them to be the same, I've never been to a real life scrapyard and removed shit from cars before!

Its great fun, i go to scb a local one were you just wander in. take what you need and pay.

Yes if you push the go pedal really really hard, it realises and then redlines! Reading on the forums my oily engine may be an inlet manifold/rocker cover gasket leak, if it is apparently it goes even better when that's fixed, but I'm not rushing to do that job!

The autobox is a bit rev happy if you push on hard, but I suppose that's what an autobox does. I could use the manual gears. I did this morning actually, was doing 50 up a slight incline on a straight road, and it was holding 4th. Quick pop to manual and 5th saw it wafting quite nicely! Not sure what happens if I forget I'm in manual and slow down too much, does the box realize and shift down for me? Or does it stall in a hilarious* way?

You can't stall an engine on an automatic - unless there is something wrong with the box. If revs are too low, it'll shift down for you, if red line, it'll shift up. If you try shifting to a gear that would lead too low or too high revs, it won't let you. In mine, I can make it hit the rev limiter if I'm in a low gear and suddenly floor it. However it quickly changes up a gear after. Also N/A petrol will rev well upto the rev limit, where as a diesel, you would have run out of puff already.

These AW55 boxes (as also used on Volvos, Saabs, Nissans, others) have a weird rev drop when gunning it and it changes from 2nd to 3rd. It appears normal. Some AW55 drivetrain setups do it, some don't. My V6 does, your 2.2 dci may not.

This car you must treat as a disposable object. If it fails and needs more than a tenner spending on it, then sack it off. There are plenty of other decent Laguna II kicking around still to take its place. Biggest risk on this is the engine imploding. Hence if it starts having problems with it, continue driving it until its either dangerous to or it no longer runs.

Seriously that's how it needs to be treated. I've seen how carried away you can get fixing cars that you've fallen in love with. ;)

Reposted, just in case you've forgotten already. :P

I won't yet, just pondering stuff.

Total spend so far is £24 worth of diesel! And 1/4 a bottle of screenwash and water. Oh, I forgot I dropped the cap for the screenwash tank, drove off sunday and heard it fly out 1/4 mile down the road...

It'll be fine.

I might make a small snag list of missing clips, trim etc and go play with that breaker though, just so I can say I did, and scope out any other bits I might need. There's a few clips missing in the boot side carpet that makes it snag, rear wiper, maybe the passenger side wing mirror if cheap, cupholder insert so I can bin off the satnav controls, new fag lighter for the dash etc. Can't afford/got no time to do it soon though, so it might be gone.

Might get the tracking and balancing done though, got alot of driving to do in April, and it would be nice to be able to do 60 without it vibrating

Yes, ASM. There's one by bicester who said:

Hi,

We have two which I have listed below.  The vehicles are complete and you can sign into our yard and remove parts yourself

I really want to experience it! Even if I only have a knob or something

You can't stall an engine on an automatic

Try telling that to the poor sod stuck behind me the other week when I was in the Prelude. Put it in N at the lights (hate people who leave foot on brake). Lights change, whack it into D, try to pull off and lots of red lights on the dash.  Having never stalled an auto before it took me a while to work out the right sequence to restart (luckily the Prelude doesn't have too many interlocks).

Ya think ?

It was more the way it told me that confused me. Pushed the start button and a machine gun type juddering sounded from the dash and 'handbrake fault' came up. I only thought of jump starting it because I had no other plan. I'm used to turning a key and nothing happening to tell me of a dead battery!

Wear a coat with big pockets that might catch any bits of trim that fall off while you're in there. ;)

Theft you mean ?

Most scrappies know what you are doing and charge you more for what you do pay for anyway .

Most don't charge for plastic anyway .

Never understand why people think that theft is ok from a scrap yard .Prob the same people that take a rocker cover off a good engine for a tappet nut then leave cover off and bonnet up !