Less modern laguna.. For SALE! Terrible price, £200, you have until monday at 9am to stake a claim!

beko1987

Moar potterings today! I assumed the undertray removal position

post-5612-0-06299500-1515282322_thumb.jpg

I then found the sump plug key I was given, and with an almighty shove it cracked off, and draining could commence. It was like treacle

post-5612-0-64645000-1515282365_thumb.jpg

Old filter needed a helping hand with the chain wrench

post-5612-0-86534900-1515282388_thumb.jpg

And after 20 minutes, I called it drained, and put the sump plug back in. What followed was 15 minutes of very carefully dribbling 4l of oil into this hole. Too much and it would back up and spill out, or the flow would move and piss over the side

post-5612-0-91346600-1515282472_thumb.jpg

However, we duly had this on the dash, so I idled it for 5 minutes, then got on with another task

post-5612-0-86329000-1515282513_thumb.jpg

Filters! The air filter looked a bit peaky when I checked the other day, so I ordered a new one

post-5612-0-52018600-1515282548_thumb.jpg

Whilst underneath, I noticed that the bumper on the drivers side wasn't really attached at all

post-5612-0-51280500-1515282604_thumb.jpg

And that these odd concertina things were littering where the car stood

post-5612-0-74375200-1515282645_thumb.jpg

Ah, that'll be the air con radiator shedding then... Air con is still cold, so filed that under ignore for now

post-5612-0-77433200-1515282685_thumb.jpg

Anyway, the underneath of the bumper was re-attached fairly easily

post-5612-0-51148200-1515282718_thumb.jpg

This fixed the shut lines of the bumper to wing, so I repositioned my screws to hold this

post-5612-0-44279800-1515282752_thumb.jpg

This bit is still oily, I gave it a blast of brake cleaner so it goes away

post-5612-0-84306500-1515282783_thumb.jpg

After all this, the dash looked like this

post-5612-0-44353600-1515282813_thumb.jpg

There's still oil left in the bottle too, but after someone scared me about runaway engines earlier in this thread, that'll do!

The car is saying it has 6k until the service is due, I'm going to leave that counting down and do another change then, I've done 1500 miles so far roughly so that should be in a month or so

post-5612-0-46089600-1515282892_thumb.jpg

Also noted the MPG of 48.7, incase it changes next week. I put £30 of fuel in earlier and reset the computers, will see what happens next week.

I then filled out the little history book in the same manner the previous owner did

post-5612-0-94383500-1515282951_thumb.jpg

And went to the tip, where the lumpy idle is still there, and the engine is quite loud on tickover. Meh

Good work! Those lagunas have small oil filters

Lumpy idle on these dci engines in my experience has been iffy injector. Had this on a 1.9 dci scenic and a 1.5 dci modus. When you drive it not noticable at all only when idling

That's 100% the symptoms! Might run some cleaner through the fuel and see what it does, it's had it before looking in the book.

I presume it won't kill it quickly if I leave it a bit?

No I continued on for 15k miles without any trouble and it got no worse. I think I got injection fault on the dashboard a few times but being a laguna am sure error messages present themselves and make no difference to the way the car drives.

Can you pick up a set of injectors cheap from asm? Though they don’t really do cheap in my experience! Lol

Just in case* it fails - http://autoshite.com/topic/30523-for-sale-citroen-c15-long-mot-%C2%A3200/

Every single man needs a van big enough to sleep in the back.

I certainly do at the moment! It's been driven outside, so there's obviously nothing catastrophic enough to call me in to point out... Bloke hasn't come in to tap it out yet though

Yep, happy with that (back at work now). Inner tie rods, which I did on the old car. Difference this time is I have the tool to do them up (it came after I did the old ones) so I don't have to use molegrips and waterpump pliers this time. Since I've got the tracking done it might all undo now as well, so I should be able to thread count and get it roughly OK.

I'll also buy a kit that comes with new gaitors too this time, that was a mistake last. A job for warmer weather though. He said the corroded brake pipe is fine, it's just at the surface rust/bubbly paint stage, which is fine!

Ruffgeezer car sales a++++ would buy a cheap car from again!

• 2 weeks later...

So, now the mot is out of the way, time to sort some niggles, advice required!

Ruffgeezers comment about the shit ride quality is fairly true. Some of that will be sorted with the new inner tie rods, but the back is more annoying...

Over broken road surfaces, bumps, lumps etc it knocks so fucking much! Sort of a hollow clonking sound. Before I spend out on rear bushes and hope, what could it possibly be? Nothing got flagged up on the mot from the rear end, I'd have thought if it was too bad the axle would move excessively etc.

Let's do some armchair diagnostics!

Sounds like the bushes, but not totally fucked yet. You'll know when they are as it steers from the rear & makes roundabouts etc fun*

It feels a bit wallowy in a sideways way, but not sure how much of that is the front tie rods, the epic wind we have had or the bushes. Possibly all 3. Been trying to call Renault Slough all day for a price for genuine bushes, will sack that off and get whatever shit I can if I get nowhere by payday

This has pattern ones fitted, it's had several pattern parts fitted.

Problem is, if I can't get genuine ones, it'll have to be pattern. Is there an oe supplier on the net? Ford used to have one, some dealer up north had an online shop. I got a full oe clutch kit for my puma for £200.

Been told to contact renparts, will email them when I have enough money to go yep, thanks if they come back with an acceptable price (£40 per side seems to be the oe price)

Driving to work this morning, when cornering slowly, I heard a new noise, which is always fun on a Renault.

25 miles later at work, I had a look...

post-5612-0-00478100-1516654812_thumb.jpg

Ah. That will be what the odd noise was somewhere near Swindon last night, which I ignored once I was sure I wasn't about to career off the carriageway... Was knocking gently on the axle...

So I effected a repair to stop the whole lot crashing down at speed

post-5612-0-13960700-1516655008_thumb.jpg

That's a big cable tie, then lots of garden twine to reinforce it a bit so the metal didn't snap the tie quickly. It pulled up quite a way and... The back end is much quieter! Still knocks a bit, but nowhere near as bad!

One day I'll get round to buying new exhaust mounts...