Less modern laguna.. For SALE! Terrible price, £200, you have until monday at 9am to stake a claim!

beko1987

It's killed its bloody rear window the stupid French twat. What can I do with the door card off tomorrow to force it back up and leave it to never work again?

I also didn't plug the egr back in, so got 'check emissions' all over the dash, nearly set it on fire but remembered I don't have another car...

Guest Hooli

It might just be the switch, have you tried the one on the back door as well?

I know the switch unit died on mine & the amount of them on ebay suggests they sell well - so they must break a lot.

Yep, tried both switches.

4 people on facebook have said to pop the door panel off, and put 12v across the motor in reverse to wind it back up, or push the glass up manually then refit the motor to hold it up. If this works ill just leave the motor disconnected incase it hilariously* decides to wind down by itself.

If it passes the mot I'm not thinking carefully about wether I fancy dropping the sump to fish the remains of the dipstick out and giving it a service...

That's the plan!

Also, a thought I've just had, if I replace the drivers side caliper, will I have to piss about winding both calipers back in then driving then handbrake or will I get away with just doing the one side?

Guest Hooli

I suspect both. I'm sure others will know better but if the setup is like the proper handbrake & the electric gizmo just replaces the lever then it's one cable & the 'pull' is halfway along.

Thought so. Hey ho, I'm an expert at removing the calipers now!

A mate did ask why I didn't repair the existing one, but if the handbrake lever is snapped internally I'll need another caliper for the part anyway. Plus, it's a 'pagid remanufactured' unit, so probably shite

If that doesn't cure it then I'll bin it and go for my plan B, which is someone I know's grandad in law selling a car they don't want much money for. My mate said he would start warming them up for a payment plan just in case... I'm not messing with handbrake cables costing £100+ etc

It does, but compared to the passenger side, 'too easily' once I'd unseized it, before I think it was just pushing the cable in and out of the bit it sits in.

Might have a quick go tomorrow at removing the spring and seeing how free it is, but there's many tales of the arm snapping within the caliper, and short of removing the black box of doom, having the cables off and refit them and check it it seems an easier thing to try...

If I have the spring off and it's floppy as shit then I'll know. Ruddy wheel back off again... I'll do the window first though, it's due to rain next weei

Don't forget me if you decide to get rid...

Sounds like the caliper or handbrake cable issue to me,one of my window reg motors decided to stop today after disconnecting the battery,took the NS mirror out aswell,but all sorted now with a swop from a spare reg I have in stock.

The cables and handbrake box seem to have less troubles on the Laguna than the Scenic. Not sure why, but maybe it gets less road crap over it.

My thinking behind this is that its just infront of the rear exhaust box on a Laguna and the heat keeps the unit warmer/dryer.

So, window.

post-5612-0-78040500-1499598837_thumb.jpg

I didn't want to write off a day playing with the kids by starting something I couldn't finish so I u clipped the glass and slid it up. I then cable tied it to the middle bracket, and cable tied around the left bracket under the glass to hold it up, then wedged several cable tie tails around the frame.

post-5612-0-93406800-1499598980_thumb.jpg

I found a crispy wasp

post-5612-0-09389000-1499599004_thumb.jpg

And that this door is not original to the car

post-5612-0-09365500-1499599058_thumb.jpg

Couldn't be bothered taking the wheel off again to try the caliper without the spring, ill order a new second hand one tomorrow for £20.

I went for a 20 mile drive, mainly to check I'd not buggared anything up with the egr or swapping the wheels. It seems a bit nipper, but speed was hampered by horse boxes. I briefly got to 75 and theres little wheel shake to note!

I tried hammering the handbrake lever out of the old caliper I kept from last time and there was no budging it, so I'm not going to try and repair the drivers side one,not when their £20 delivered from renparts.

Interestingly though, after my drive the handbrake noise went on for longer. I only went around the block yesterday, when the new caliper is fitted I'm tempted to just leave it, drive to work (25 miles) the put the hbrake on. Sod it, do or die.

Im shocked somebody actually went and bought a brand new genuine Renault door for a 7 year old (at the time) Laguna given the amount of them in breakers they couldve just gone and got one off of!!

Top bodging btw!! I just couldnt do that, the pedant in me would have to have it fixed and working like its supposed to. I envy people who just can let stuff like that go without getting bothered about it!

One day I might tinker, but since I've bought it only one person has sat there... I only opened it usually when I dropped all the windows on a hot day before getting in, letting the air con get cold then doing them up again!

I'm not spending money on a part that could fail again at a moments notice. Drivers window I would, but that's because I smoke

Came home from work early to pick eva up from school. Onto the m40, 55 in 5th. Ooh, pull out here, kick down, up to 70...ignition fault...

Mmmm

Plodded on anyway, held 70 fine. Got off the mway and thought fuck it and gave it some glf... The turbo doesn't seem to work... Still drove fine, just took longer to get up to speed.

Got home, turned it off, faffed about for 5 mins and turned it back on again, fault gone.

Must get my obd reader working with Android 8, or pull an old handset out the drawer and see if I can find a code

Ordered the caliper earlier too

I did wonder if it was a limp mode. I always thought of limp mode as 30mph tops sort of thing. I got up to 80 (the wheel shake is gone now too!)

Moog - might take you up on that if that's OK? I can certainly post it back when done. I'll go out later and see if I can get my OBD reader to work. It did work, and I got torque to talk to the car before, but now I'm on the android 8 beta it won't see the device within the bluetooth page. Might grab my nexus and try that (it always used to work and it's on an older android version). Will it have stored a code even though warning has gone from the dash though? Or do I have to catch it when it's on?

What's SiC's app called? I found OhNoRenault! before but couldn't get it to work.

Let me have a play for a day or two with what I have before asking you to post your diagnostic kit down! Worst case I think I can stop it coming on if I just drive carefully, it didn't come on friday but I took the back roads so didn't rev it very high, can present it to the test like that and hope it doesn't come on! (I revved the tits off it stationary and it didn't come on so if they do the emissions test again it should be good

Limp mode on a diesel usually means Variable Vanes on the turbo are set to max and the revs are limited to not allow the turbo to boost. On a smaller/less powerful engine this means shit performance. As this is a big engine, you'll still have some guts.

My suspicion without having read the codes would be a split in the intake somewhere.