Less modern laguna.. For SALE! Terrible price, £200, you have until monday at 9am to stake a claim!

beko1987

Sniff

attachicon.gifIMG_20171207_121356.jpg

Wish they'd told me they were towing it, I'd have secured the front bumper with more than 2 cable ties... And tweaked the rear wheel nuts up... Still, their problem now. The guy was quite surprised he turned up and I already had it running and ready to go!

I'm a 1 laguna man again now! Watch it shit itself next week... Also, just realised I'm a bit of a wally got buying a hatchback, where will I sleep at shitefest now! Best check it out next year and see if I need to buy a tent

:shock: is all that stuff getting bridged? Look at the history on the wee Fiesta.

MOT history
Date tested8 June 2017 PASS
Mileage15,669 miles
MOT test number3407 3456 8987
Test locationunavailable until further notice
Expiry date15 June 2018
Advisory notice item(s)
  • Rear registration plate deteriorated but not likely to be misread (6.3.1d)

:shock: is all that stuff getting bridged? Look at the history on the wee Fiesta.

MOT history
Mileage15,669 miles
Expiry date15 June 2018
Advisory notice item(s)

I didn't look too much as I would have been sad, but there was a lovely pogweaseled corsa B there, tidy looking focus and the fiesta.. My car was probably the worst condition of them all.

ASM do strip cars, so bits will be saved before their baled. The guy collecting it said well done for stripping it first as I'd have got fuck all for it whole, and thanks for removing the handbrake as that's one less thing for him to worry about when towing it!

Although that focus may not have been too long for this world...

FORD FOCUS
MOT valid until 13 December 2017
Registration RX53GYK

Check if there's a safety recall on this vehicle that hasn't been fixed.

Incorrect details?
MOT history
Date tested 14 December 2016 Pass
Mileage 88,623 miles
MOT test number 4633 0818 7796
Test location unavailable until further notice
Expiry date 13 December 2017
Advisory notice item(s)
  • oil leak
  • all rear suspension components corroded
What are advisories?
Date tested 29 April 2016 Pass
Mileage 85,135 miles
MOT test number 9639 1164 7394
Test location unavailable until further notice
Expiry date 28 April 2017
Advisory notice item(s)
  • oil leak
  • Rear coil spring corroded both sides (2.4.C.1b)

MOT history

Mileage15,669 miles

Expiry date15 June 2018

Advisory notice item(s)

Aren't those Fiestas the last of the 5 digit milometers? I.e. gone round once and then sold to someone who don't use it much.

Or was attempted to be sold but too many messers when selling meant family couldn't be bothered to sell it.

Aren't those Fiestas the last of the 5 digit milometers? I.e. gone round once and then sold to someone who don't use it much.

Or was attempted to be sold but too many messers when selling meant family couldn't be bothered to sell it.

I have a '99/Y and it has a digital. 6 digit display. 

I have a rhythmic bouncing on idle! Noticed it the other day, and it did it again tonight. The car just sort of bobs up and down a bit...

Pointers so far, in order of scariness include:

Engine mount

Gearbox mount

Injectors

Other random stuff

Dmf

Will worry about it after christmas/when it explodes I think!

Someone last night on the renault fb group, amongst the sea of OMGDMF (who then got a bit shitty when I said that it would be driven until it exploded then c u l8r'd) suggested something fuel related, dirty injector or summat, and I experimented by raising the revs a bit, all gone! Even a fraction of an increase stops it.

Could be just in need of a nice service

I'd add dirty throttle body to the top of the list. Then second down EGR. These love a good EGR scrub. Reputed to be what kills the turbos on these.

That's fairly top of my list anyway, it's misting oil from the egr seal, and chuffs smoke out of the black bottle that holds the dipstick when the top breather is removed. Have 2 cans of brake cleaner waiting for me to get round to it, it has a blocked breather somewhere

Got me looking for the advert. It's the first ad in this commercial break.

https://youtu.be/oEbPum00Fs8?t=9s

You have to shift down to second on a bit of an incline?

MOT history
Mileage15,669 miles
Expiry date15 June 2018
Advisory notice item(s)

Should I ever mourn a Fiesta being bridged, even I will see a doctor.

• 3 weeks later...

One of the more annoying things about this gooner is the lack of keyless entry and start. The key card for the old one just sat in my wallet all the time and never came out. I actually need to shove this one in the dash, and push buttons, so it has to stay out.

And I keep putting it down in different places and loosing it, so I fixed that this morning

post-5612-0-76069000-1514727561_thumb.jpg

Lovely! Now I can forget that's there and tear the dining table and book case apart the next time I need to drive somewhere...

One of the more annoying things about this gooner is the lack of keyless entry and start. The key card for the old one just sat in my wallet all the time and never came out. I actually need to shove this one in the dash, and push buttons, so it has to stay out.

And I keep putting it down in different places and loosing it, so I fixed that this morning

attachicon.gifIMG_20171231_133348.jpg

Lovely! Now I can forget that's there and tear the dining table and book case apart the next time I need to drive somewhere...

Nice solution.

That was one thing that drove me mad with the vel satis. I was forever putting the key card down somewhere and never finding it again. All other keys go on the key rack.

Aha, found the pictures I took last weekend!

First up was the rear pads, as they were a little on the low side

post-5612-0-92840300-1514761989_thumb.jpg

The different springs caused some concern before I just fitted them and have not died yet

post-5612-0-69181500-1514762029_thumb.jpg

Passenger side had a few miles left

post-5612-0-59635400-1514762057_thumb.jpg

Not so much the drivers side, which is the side I clocked when I swapped the wheels over. Still, job done now!

post-5612-0-40318000-1514762088_thumb.jpg

The discs have cleaned themselves up nicely too over last week. The first few miles were quite warm, but I think that was the new pads sorting the rust out, since their a bit fatter than the old ones!

Next, I fixed* the broken bumper corner, the fixing is missing completely here

post-5612-0-92420300-1514762163_thumb.jpg

Screwed into the wing both here and underneath.

Engine now

post-5612-0-66604500-1514762199_thumb.jpg

Under here sits the throttle body

post-5612-0-76429200-1514762235_thumb.jpg

Which came up spotless with a good brake cleanering

Then under that was the EGR

post-5612-0-92349900-1514762280_thumb.jpg

Which was filthy but 1000 times better than the old Gooner, which was fully clogged up, so much so the holes either side were not visible

post-5612-0-00151400-1514762387_thumb.jpg

Squirt squirt etc, split it into two as well for good measure.

I found the/one of the camshaft sensors, it was oily but not filthy.

post-5612-0-04476200-1514762438_thumb.jpg

Cleaned it anyway! 

These kitchen sponges looked important between the battery and air box so I left them alone

post-5612-0-73811900-1514762481_thumb.jpg

Air filter looks a bit peaky. I bashed out the worse of it

post-5612-0-49438900-1514762511_thumb.jpg

Hey ho. All back together and it started, which was good. I then enlisted Amy to sit in the car smoking a rolly and bled all 4 corners. The rears took some doing, the fronts weren't so bad, and by god it brakes better now! I then went for a quick drive and the handbrake lever felt awfully floppy...

post-5612-0-50256100-1514762576_thumb.jpg

Arse. Must have done that trying for more cable at the caliper end. 25 minutes turning the stupid nut 1/3 a turn until the cable went back on, then 25 minutes turning it fucking back again, although the handbrake feels much better, the car won't pull away even at 3000 revs and stalls violently.

Sat at work are, in theory some oil, oil filter and air filter which I'll do possibly next weekend. It can have an MOT as of tomorrow (31 days early) so I'll lob it in ASAP for that and see what it fails on. Noticed the air duct under the front bumper is hanging down, will cable tie that up too.

No EML yet though, and I fucking hammered it to work and back last week with quiet roads, so that's promising, but I won't get excited yet, as long as it stays off for the MOT I'm happy!

Took a shot of the odometer too, keep meaning to write the above in the little book, will do that next year. Oh, and the idle is still bobbing the car up and down until the lightest of throttle is applied (so little the rev needle doesn't really move). Currently running through £50 of BP Expensive Diesel, might lob a can of injector cleaner through, but tbh it's ignorable still for now. I cleared the codes again, will read them another day and see if I can spot a pattern

Oh yea, and, hilariously, I forgot to top the brake fluid up after bleeding, and jumped straight in it after having a shower to go to my mates for the night... Every corner and medium braking put the stop light on, I'm bloody lucky I'd tightened the cap for bleeding! Topped that up when I got home the next day

Two things that may save you future grief .

Chock the wheels and let the handbrake off - pop your head underneath and make sure the handbrake arms on the calipers are back on their stops

And look through the wheels and make sure the pad with the 2 tits placed close together is he outside pad or they will be rocking on the piston .

Two things that may save you future grief .

Chock the wheels and let the handbrake off - pop your head underneath and make sure the handbrake arms on the calipers are back on their stops

And look through the wheels and make sure the pad with the 2 tits placed close together is he outside pad or they will be rocking on the piston .

The pads are deffo correct, the passenger side ones fell out, and I had put them together the wrong way round. Passenger side the pads stayed put and the sprung one was piston side, so back apart with the passenger side...

Re handbrake cable, I just needed a few mm more, so a gentle pull on the cable yielded sufficient slack... Then 40 minutes later I found out why. Very nearly ripped the cubby box out though to make it quicker halfway though

I hated that handbrake adjuster too. Not only is it 1 flat at a time, it's bloody awkward to get too twisted right round as you sit in the car.

Handily, on my clios, you can bend a heatshield out the way and access it from under the car with a ratchet:)

Would a 1/4 drive ratchet and long socket not get in there?

Handily, on my clios, you can bend a heatshield out the way and access it from under the car with a ratchet:)

Would a 1/4 drive ratchet and long socket not get in there?

Dunno, hopefully I'll never have to go in there again! Or be in there next week when it fails the mot on the handbrake adjustment...

The spanner that fits is still in there too just incase

Mmmm,. still seem to be getting an engine error code...(just read them on my lunch break)

P1826 Constant High Level.

Googling points towards EGR or Glow Plugs... I'd say it's a tiny bit sluggish, but the boost seems to work, no smoke, fired up fine at -4 last week etc. The lumpy idle is still there sometimes though

It's having an oil change once it passes the MOT which I have yet to book in, what else could I hit with hammer? Also, is a bottle snake oil cleaner worth running through the fuel to clean the injectors up or please the gods of the engine brie?