Less modern laguna.. For SALE! Terrible price, £200, you have until monday at 9am to stake a claim!

beko1987

Fitted it in an attempt to make it steam up less but putting some water in so it actually got warm was probably the better fix

Clearing the sunroof drains fixed it for me! Still steamed up a little bit, but no worse than usual, plus I found the leather always made it feel colder (until the heated seat warmed up). The velour in the new one makes it much cosier!

I spent a good 5 minutes trying to work out the differences in the heating controls. ... 

I spent a good 20 minutes finding the difference out!

(Shall I spoil it for you? The rear green plug is a differen size, and the RH inner ribbon type plug is a different size with different pins)

How I laughed...

More pointles-ness!

I was very naughty and splashed out £8 on a damaged packet stalk control adapter, as having the controls working for a few days made me realise I quite like them

post-5612-0-22970900-1512058302_thumb.jpg

It came with a free headunit to adapter fly lead thing

post-5612-0-81657900-1512058398_thumb.jpg

So out came it all (luckily the cage doesnt hold the headunit fully so I don't need the keys to remove it) and I wired it all up and tested it

post-5612-0-19711400-1512058459_thumb.jpg

And now the display will never let me forget the make of car I drive...

post-5612-0-52592600-1512058479_thumb.jpg

Time to refit it all, luckily across behind the engine start button is loads of dead space so it all got stuffed across in there

post-5612-0-72700900-1512058514_thumb.jpg

And it nearly all works! Vol + and - work, track skip works. Source changing does not work, but that's fine. I then went back to speakers, as pumping my phat tunes through them with the Pioneer revelaed the front pass and rear drivers speakers were blown, so I swapped all the speakers with the Cabasse ones from YT55, which were heavier, and had all their cones attached to the edges, unlike FV51. I also found a possible cause to the non working passenger window...

post-5612-0-98142700-1512058999_thumb.jpg

Will get the mech out of YT55 before it goes!

The next job was to fit my new phone holder, but the ULTRA STRONG adhesize pad included turned out to be a pile of utter shit, so I need to obtain a good sticky pad. Any recommendations?

Last job was a lights check, so one mother was positioned in the car and told what to press (she doesn't drive) and on my £150 car, all that was the matter was one rear sidelight!

post-5612-0-70384700-1512059095_thumb.jpg

YT55 to the rescue again there. I also took the 2 half full bulb kits I have out, and filled them up with bulbs from YT55. Looking at this indicator bulb it passed the david dickinson orange test in July, but has probably been an issue for alot longer! I didn't bother keeping that,...

post-5612-0-64132600-1512059209_thumb.jpg

That's all the easy stuff done! Tomorrow lunchtime I'm meeting up with Sheefaq, so no pottering then, then Saturday it's filthy clothes on time and strip YT55 ENP nearly fully down! Bet it pisses it down...

Tbh all I'm doing for now is harvesting little bits from the other one. May as well now rather than having to buy it all from ebay/ignore it in the future! The little vanity light unit would have been £15 delivered from ebay no doubt, and whilst I would have just ignored it, I don't need to now. Infact, I may go as far as to say everything electrical currently works on it... At this precise moment

There's some larger jobs to do:

The oil pipes may be gummed up, there's damp oily patchs

Egr valve probably needs cleaning

Bit of a service (down to 47mpg now, which is still 10mpg more than the old one)

Investigate the exhaust blow.

Rear brake pads

Investigate the 'corroded brake pipe'

Most of that is free/cheap/essential to any car, so I don't mind doing that

But I need to get the old gooner gone first, don't want to annoy my parents, if I show I'm doing stuff and it goes, their more likely to let me do it again. Plus I can't do mega dirty stuff in my lunch hour. Wheels were an exception as I didn't want any grief over the tyres!

I've got nowhere to store them sadly, otherwise I might...

Got to have the bumper off to get the headlight washers out, whilst I'm there I want to eye up the corner fixings as one corner on the new car is not fixed properly, so need to see where I can fit the cable ties...

So a full day today, stripping down a car! Always more fun when you haven't got to put it together again!

Didn't take many pics as I got into it, but I got what I thought would be the worst jobs done first, which was the handbrake mechanism

Although first I put the battery on charge with my stepdads battery charger

post-5612-0-93084800-1512238041_thumb.jpg

Then arse up and wheels off

post-5612-0-03933600-1512238070_thumb.jpg

Mech out, one snapped bolt here which made removal easier!

post-5612-0-00810900-1512238105_thumb.jpg

Then the tow bar, which was also quite easy

post-5612-0-50146500-1512238141_thumb.jpg

Although had to cut the wires inside the car as it was all soldered into the loom... Gave the bloke who's having it a decent length of flex! Then smelt burning which shit me up for a sec until I saw smoke from someone's garden...

That's it for pictures, but I've got 98% of the bits people wanted off so far, the headlamps to see if they sell with their fucked lenses, both front door window mechs for fitting to fv51 at some time in the future.

Productive day, another lunchtime next week finishing off, then the scrap man can cometh. I'll take a video of it starting up, it's gone proper renault and is cycling through every error it has now!

I'm bloody knackered now, and still need to box all the parts up next week, their currently on the back seat of yt55, which doesn't lock now all the door looks have been removed!

I'm glad I never needed to have the bumper off and then back on again as both side bolts were rounded off! Some gentle* pulling had them off, it's held on now with some cable ties as I had all the clips I could as the bumper on the new one is loose on one side!

Thought I'd ask around the local facebook page for a scrap man for the remains of the gooner.

1 bloke offered £40, 1 bloke offered £50. I'll try asm tomorrow and see what they say, but is that about right for a fairly stripped runner? Just so I don't decline a good offer! Can't drive it 20 miles to asm as it is, so will look a bit there I know.

Thought I'd ask around the local facebook page for a scrap man for the remains of the gooner.

1 bloke offered £40, 1 bloke offered £50. I'll try asm tomorrow and see what they say, but is that about right for a fairly stripped runner? Just so I don't decline a good offer! Can't drive it 20 miles to asm as it is, so will look a bit there I know.

£50 in the hand is worth more than a dead Laguna on the drive!

With full disclosure ASM are collecting YT55 ENP for £95 on Thursday! Got 4 more things to remove from it, and sort the massive box of parts on the back seat out into stuff for posting and stuff that I'm selling to a bloke in Reading and get it out of the car (that would be funny if I left them in wouldn't it...)

My fancy USB C Aukey car charger came today (never had a proper good phone charger, and since my Nexus 6p suffers from the turning off at 30% bug thought it wise). Can also go round and check all the 12v sockets and rob them from YT55 where needed.

Spent the first actual money bar buying it today too, front wheel alignment for £39, so hopefully no more pulling to the left or scrubbing the outer edges of the tyres. This is a job that YT55 needed at some point too so I class it as a cost neutral job.

Best update my spreadsheet tonight with the costs of this little endeavor