Less modern laguna.. For SALE! Terrible price, £200, you have until monday at 9am to stake a claim!

beko1987

Yep, the 2.2 may have been a nice easy fix. Or it would have been an utter twat and I'd have been finding more borkage the deeper I went! So it helped others live on, many many parts live on in the current gooner and its long since fragged!

Still got to troubleshoot the horn. Mr r9uke, your a chap who knows a wing or 2 about these matters, clock spring or horn units for a horn that used to but now doesn't?

Especially since I drove it with pretty much no coolant for about 5000 miles :D

I did the same tbh! "oh crap, must check the coolant..."

1 full watering can later, full.

6 weeks later, when the heaters went cold

"crap, must check the coolant...

i wonder if this gooner got a japanese smokeproof loom that was meant for a P12 primevil by mistake

There's someone out there somewhere with a hateful memory of a p12 primera, deep on a forum somewhere, with everyone telling him he was just stupid and broke stuff, he knows the truth and cries himself to sleep when thinking about it. Buy a Nissan they said, their reliable they said

• 2 weeks later...

Had another go at this today. Bridging the connections behind the indicator stalk resulted in silence, so...

post-5612-0-52165900-1537112726_thumb.jpg

Trying to unbolt the wing and bumper corner bracket on the passenger side resulted in some crunching sounds and raining rust.

post-5612-0-77197400-1537112768_thumb.jpg

Luckily, I'm stronger than the plastic of the wing and bumper, so before long, I was looking at this

post-5612-0-02378300-1537112804_thumb.jpg

Green with corrosion

post-5612-0-12890100-1537112828_thumb.jpg

Some scraping with a tiny jewellers screwdriver later and it was vaguely metallic again. I also flicked the rubber seal out and cleaned that up and replaced it. I then had a look at the now missing mounting bracket

post-5612-0-06251700-1537112922_thumb.jpg

Look over, I turned my attention to the part of the foglight bulb I tore off trying to remove the bumper... buggar

post-5612-0-75623900-1537113049_thumb.jpg

Buggar, new foglight bulb before the test then! I think I can change it without dropping the bumper again... Or, would it be legal to just disconnect the other foglight and have none? Pulled out the bits of air con radiator that were interfering with the coolant rad

post-5612-0-87479900-1537113174_thumb.jpg

Admired the very oily engine

post-5612-0-97914700-1537113218_thumb.jpg

And with one final toot of the horn to confirm it still tooted, re-attached the bumper and wheel arch with a mixture of the original fixings, metal garden wire and cable ties. Then went out and put #29 of diesel in as the chip has broken in my card again, but the contactless still works.

Successful day!

• 1 month later...

I'm joining the long and illustrious line of shiters who have bought a car off Bramz hopefully next weekend, and the way the man maths works is I need £200 for the Laguna. ASM are offering £204 driven to their depot 1.2 miles away from my house... I am frankly astonished as this is £54 more than I paid for the car 14,000 miles ago!

So, in the spirit of Autoshite, anyone want a baggy Laguna 2 with 127,000 miles on and an MOT until the 14th January? It should waft straight through another one with a new front passenger side foglight bulb (I accidentally let the bumper drop fixing the horn and ripped the bulb in half) Ideal skip or a get-you-out-of-a-hole car. Month old windscreen, plenty of tread on the tyres, roasting hot heating (although non existant air conditioning) and comfy seats.

Clutch occasionally doesn't fully return, usually always during very low speed manouvering/crawling on the clutch for a few miles. always pops up with a flick of your foot, and never does it during normal operation.

Rear rakes squeal like fuck when reversing to park, never at any other time.

The car will never lock again as both keycards have been through the wash and have lost the electronics and the key part itself (one snapped a bit too...). Starts fine though.

EML/injector light comes on if you drive in any way spiritedly when cold and throws it into limp mode. Turbo pressure sensor I am quite sure, but I drive around it by pottering along changing up before 2k until it warms up then it's fine. Or it comes on, pull over, turn it off, keycard out, count to 5, start it back up and away you go. or just keep driving, you have no turbo but it gets up to speed fine enough, the problem is easily driven around.

I know it's not fab value at £200, but any less and the new car will cost me actual money, rather than being a free car once everything falls into place.

Don't all rush at once, Available hopefully on the 5th of November, untaxed and uninsured as I'll have moved the policy by then. OX9 3XZ, FV51 FYP for quotes etc.

To add a sweetener to the deal, as I realise it's a pretty shit deal I'll put half a tank (£40) of diesel in if anyone wants it, which will be good for about 450/500 miles (50-55mpg, never less than 50, I saw 62 after mile 4 million of following FPB7 from the lay-by we met him at to Shitefest!). Otherwise it'll be on fumes as I drive it to ASM...

The car will never lock again as both keycards have been through the wash and have lost the electronics and the key part itself (one snapped a bit too...)

That's fixable.

Instructions for the lucky* new owner.

Cut the keycard open carefully around the seam on the sides.

Apply plasters to all the holes in your fingers where the stanley knife slipped.

Solder the battery terminals back to the circuit board.

Glue it all back together.

It's a bugger of a job to open them, but the fault is quite simple & one of the few things I bothered to fix when I had one of these hateful piles of shit....

I wasn't sure, but to remove them fully the bumper and the few cable ties holding it on need to come off, so I was just going to spend the £4 on a bulb which needs the bumper off to fit it and just replace it!

Just putting a hammer through both lenses would probably lead to a sharp edge fail, so the proper way seems easier in this example!

How is it not fab value at £200??

Free motoring til January for someone!

Might cost someone £50 depending on the quote from their postcode

post-5612-0-15852900-1540372056_thumb.jpg

Can you even hire a car for £50 for 2 months? I'd expect it to pass the mot too tbh, it's why I got the windscreen replaced and fixed the horn!

Front and rear fog lamps

Presence, condition and operation

The Tester will inspect:

• front fog lamps fitted to vehicles first used on or after 1 March 2018

the 1 rear fog lamp which must be fitted to the centre or offside of vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1980