Less modern laguna.. For SALE! Terrible price, £200, you have until monday at 9am to stake a claim!

beko1987

Headlight washers will be an MOT failure​ because it has HIDs.

See my Laguna thread. The pump gets jammed and gummed up. Mine has stopped working again after cleaning it. :?

I'm leaving it till the MOT to strip it out again and clean it up. Bumper off and the pump is on the side of the washer bottle. Genuine new replacement is £50!

Auto wipers too. Sensitivity adjustment on the stalk. You need to turn them off and then back onto intermittent everyone you cycle the ignition before it'll go back into automatic again.

2 key cards? Then his and her seating position, wing mirror, climate control temperature and radio settings (which I know is missing).

I assume this come with the auto dimming rear view mirror too like mine?

Emergency release for the handbrake is in the arm rest - remove the plastic tray at the bottom if you ever need it. Handbrakes seem to give a lot less trouble than in the scenics. I assume it's in a place less likely to get detritus on it than the Scenic.

Handbrake will auto engage when stopping the engine. To override, you can disengage straight after if needing to go through a car wash, etc. Also it should auto disengage when you pull off. I usually tap the accelerator - enough to cause it to disengage but not enough for it to try pulling the back end along first.

Basically you put the key in your pocket. Then it'll unlock itself when you open the door automatically. Get in, press start, engage drive. Then use the stop+go pedals and occasionally point the steering wheel in roughly the correct direction.

When finished, put it in park, press stop and get out. It'll sort stopping the engine, engage handbrake for you. It should auto lock as you walk away, sorting that out for you too.

Yes, 2 key cards. Nothing seems to adjust though, how do I make it learn stuff? Not got my seat spot on yet though, so work to do. Kiltox said the rear view mirror was auto dimming, not actually tried it yet though!

Another note, mods - I feel this should be moved to the modern section, feel free to pass judgement on that, but it's not really main board material.

Either way, here are the photo's from my better look when I got home

post-5612-0-97148400-1489867884_thumb.jpg

The boot is nice and large

post-5612-0-54123800-1489867910_thumb.jpg

The spare wheel seems a bit soft, toolkit is all there, and the locking wheel gubbins. Parcel shelf works well too!

post-5612-0-86372700-1489867961_thumb.jpg

Built in rear sunblinds!

post-5612-0-47469600-1489867985_thumb.jpg

Nice rear armrest

post-5612-0-36249100-1489868000_thumb.jpg

Apparently there's bits missing out of here

post-5612-0-55442300-1489868020_thumb.jpg

and the whole inner just pulls out, will find some screws as it rattles a bit

post-5612-0-68873500-1489868067_thumb.jpg

I have wood! And so does the car...

post-5612-0-29122000-1489868092_thumb.jpg

I've found a cubby hole thing to replace the sat nav dvd player thing, might indulge

post-5612-0-33626100-1489868131_thumb.jpg

The top to my knob was in the ashtray, will try and glue that back on

post-5612-0-67190000-1489868159_thumb.jpg

Cashback!

post-5612-0-37949300-1489868176_thumb.jpg

Neither Kiltox or myself know WTF this is, might try and follow the wire and see where it goes, maybe remove it. Possibly a remnant of its taxi past?

post-5612-0-22133200-1489868220_thumb.jpg

There's a 12v socket and a massive cubby box under here

post-5612-0-65194200-1489868252_thumb.jpg

I need a new hazard switch, plenty on ebay for a fiver delivered so that will get done. I've also seen the console trim bit with a cupholder rather than the carminat control stick for £17 with a hazard switch fitted. It's in black though, might try and find just the cup holder insert bit

post-5612-0-73063800-1489868333_thumb.jpg

The seat controls have fallen off, will find a way to stick/cabletie those back on

post-5612-0-76213200-1489868364_thumb.jpg

The doorcard pocket is pretty swish

post-5612-0-35627300-1489868402_thumb.jpg

Headlights need one of those polishing kits. The Zafira's could do with going over too so that will be money well spent

post-5612-0-88159300-1489868433_thumb.jpg

The engine looks gr3 to work on though

post-5612-0-41325000-1489868496_thumb.jpg

All this looks scary and oily

post-5612-0-00381800-1489868522_thumb.jpg

but under the cover is a thick sponge which is saturated in oil, so it could be coming from that. The cover itself is loose too, will cabletie that to stop any rattling

post-5612-0-00381800-1489868522_thumb.jpg

It's got MIST WASHER JETS!!!111

post-5612-0-81553400-1489868571_thumb.jpg

It says stuff too (not speak, just displays)

post-5612-0-62288900-1489868625_thumb.jpg

Respectable MPG, whilst stuck in a traffic jam coming into oxford from Kiltox's I held the washer stalk in, it beeped at me and all the computer re-set, and by the time I got home it said that, not too bad considering I was having great fun with the cruise control, setting it to 80 from 30 and hitting go, and Breadvan giving chase and making full use of kickdown so I could pap that beemer!

post-5612-0-32500700-1489868654_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-50805300-1489868751_thumb.jpg

This is why there's no pez station shot yet! (I should have stopped anyway on reflection, I did need a wee but the traffic was so bad I just wanted to get past oxford, then I was nearly home...)

post-5612-0-94087800-1489868770_thumb.jpg

I've never had heaters controlled by buttons before!

post-5612-0-88294900-1489868836_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-64349500-1489868865_thumb.jpg

The poor Xantia was in tears. I still need to empty the 3 vacuum cleaners and other shite out of it tomorrow, will try and park it behind the gate. RichieG will hopefully be getting it next weekend, he's yet to ask CyanideSteve for a lift I think.

post-5612-0-13769600-1489868944_thumb.jpg

It opens AND closes!

I'm made up, thanks so much Kiltox! Already found the possible cause and solution of the rear wiper not working, but that means opening the tailgate glass to check that the motor itself works and the wiper spindle is seized or something... Will build up some brave pills and have a look one day! 

It does also mean that I should probably hand my shite card in, our cars are 2005 and 2008... I'm sure many reading this post are sharpening the axes now...

Plus, another bonus, I thought it would be a saloon, but being a mini estate, seats down and a blow up airbed may still work for shitefest! I'll have to put the seats down and check one day

I'll get the tracking and balancing done though, it ruins the feel of the car. Got to do an early on Monday too as my boss really really wants to see it, if I work a late I'll have to park at mums, the car park will be full at half past 8. I need to hope someone else is infront of me going in as the number plate isnt on the system...

Emergency release for the handbrake is in the arm rest - remove the plastic tray at the bottom if you ever need it. Handbrakes seem to give a lot less trouble than in the scenics. I assume it's in a place less likely to get detritus on it than the Scenic.

Not found the emergency release yet, but there's a manual apply/release lever on the dashboard in the same place the handbrake stuff was in the XM.

Handbrake will auto engage when stopping the engine. To override, you can disengage straight after if needing to go through a car wash, etc. Also it should auto disengage when you pull off. I usually tap the accelerator - enough to cause it to disengage but not enough for it to try pulling the back end along first.

For the first few miles, I lifted off the brake expecting it to just creep forward, it didn't. Tap of the accelerator and I heard the whirr from the back end and off it went!

Basically you put the key in your pocket. Then it'll unlock itself when you open the door automatically. Get in, press start, engage drive. Then use the stop+go pedals and occasionally point the steering wheel in roughly the correct direction.

I tried this when I went out just now to check the headlight washers, it feels very, very odd but works. I tried to show it to BV earlier but forgot to say put your foot on the brake so it didnt work...

When finished, put it in park, press stop and get out. It'll sort stopping the engine, engage handbrake for you. It should auto lock as you walk away, sorting that out for you too.

It does a little pip of the horn, it says goodbye!

I was wafting/getting used to it... It'll probably settle down when I start commuting in it up and down the m40

Might leave the wheel shimmy then if it's that, saying that replacement wheels must be very cheap since their probably quite common, are they the same on the gooner/megane/modus etc from that era?

As long as everyone is happy it can stay here. I'm easy wherever it goes though!

I reckon the fact that it's an ex taxi helped it, it did 14k to 80k in 1 year, the strict taxi rules and hard work, and the fact that it survived can only be a good thing?

Those 66k miles were easy compared with the 4-5k of arse kicking it's had from me to be fair :D

Oooh we have a thanks button...

I got to Witney on the A40, and I know there, and that it becomes a dual carriageway. I went out to overtake, and it bumbled up to speed. Then I pushed the accelerator right down and whoooaaaah there's the kickdown! Yet to use the manual option on the box though, didn't dare try it in traffic incase it lurched forward, was behind a very nice Pug 405 estate for most of the jam and didn't want to biff it.

You must have a gentler driving style than me because I never saw better than 34 :D

The shimmy from the front might actually be buckled wheels so I wouldn't spend much on tracking etc

fek - i would say thats poor have 2.2 transit high top at work and that does 45 clog ALL the way down

Guest Hooli

never open sunroof

Open/close sunroof is fine on these. The drains block up even if you don't, so there is no advantage to not using it.

Oh nearly forgot. 17" rims were £35 on ebay when I destroyed one hitting a small mine shaft so a buckled wheel is an easy fix.

fek - i would say thats poor have 2.2 transit high top at work and that does 45 clog ALL the way down

This showed 43 once, but I was doing 45 behind some knob whilst waiting for the car in L2 to creep past at 47.6mph so I could overtake. I doubt the xantia was doing much better than 40/45, so it's not a big deal.

The autobox and cruise is proper funny though. There's a village called Tetsworth, where the good car boot is and on the way to BV's. It's 30mph, so I set the cruise at 30. But it's also quite hilly so the autobox would realise we were going up a hill, drop a cog and floor it, then realise we were now doing 38mph, so engine brake back down, but too far so drop another gear, go too fast etc etc.

I most certainly did not* tap the brake to pause the cruise, then set the cruise to 80 as I came out into the NSL bit and hit 'resume'... that was fun, it redlined through 2 gears! Cruise control works so much better on an auto

I'm leaving an envelope with a slush fund with my mum on bonus month, then I can relax a bit! Not much, just enough to either come on here or hit auto trader and buy something to get me to work and back. Maybe I'll never need it?

post-5612-0-37949300-1489868176.jpg

That's BBQ sauce, stuff you put on burgers to make them taste nicer... :mrgreen:

Mine and the others I've seen don't have that other crap in there though. Underneath that is the emergency handbrake release. Don't go pulling it unless you really need it to! Throws up handbrake errors and codes. Clearable but it can throw a wobbly a bit until it's been engaged/disengaged a couple of times. The electronic release by the steering wheel is what you need to use most of the time, including when changing back pads and discs.

It does a little pip of the horn, it says goodbye!

I used to find that annoying. However it is actually kinda useful as you know it's locked as you walk away, so I left it enabled.

I wonder if the memory stuff is done by the satnav gubbins that is missing. Also might explain why Kiltox has said that the climate system can take 30seconds to startup if it's looking for it on the CAN bus, but gives up after so long.

This car you must treat as a disposable object. If it fails and needs more than a tenner spending on it, then sack it off. There are plenty of other decent Laguna II kicking around still to take its place. Biggest risk on this is the engine imploding. Hence if it starts having problems with it, continue driving it until its either dangerous to or it no longer runs.

Seriously that's how it needs to be treated. I've seen how carried away you can get fixing cars that you've fallen in love with. ;)