Less modern laguna.. For SALE! Terrible price, £200, you have until monday at 9am to stake a claim!

beko1987

I test drove an older shape Octavia VRs estate and the seat was so small I had lower-back pain after 10 minutes.

My dad, who is 14st and 6ft 4, essentially filled the entire front of the car.

The facelifted Octavias look alright but it sounds like they're still not quite as comfy as they should be?

Sorry, this is a shite collection thread I know!

We got to Kiltox's, and my parents left before I could ask them to take a photo, so fail there. We then chatted loads, I had a perv over the dacia and I hit the road. Then found out my ciggy lighter usb thing didn't work with my phone, so I took 2 pictures in a layby

post-5612-0-17785300-1489848306_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-70345000-1489848328_thumb.jpg

Radio silence from then as I needed Google maps to get home. Oxford was awful, 30 minutes if crawling traffic did nothing to phase the gooner though!

I then went to see breadvan, and immediatly asked to use the toilet

post-5612-0-84255800-1489848421_thumb.jpg

We japed about and then bv offered drives, so sd1 first

post-5612-0-28145200-1489848458_thumb.jpg

Which is amazing to drive, feels really modern, and is just lovely

Then the granada

post-5612-0-39465400-1489848491_thumb.jpg

Ill probably get shot for this but I preferred the rover. The Ford is bloody good, sharper brakes, a lovely auto box, but the rover feels nicer. But both bloody good, and my first drive of actual chod, not the modern shit I usually drive.

I then checked bv the key card and he took the gooner for a quick blezz

post-5612-0-39465400-1489848491_thumb.jpg

And we found a BMW that bv knew what it was but I didnt

post-5612-0-19473100-1489848598_thumb.jpg

An amazing day, thanks so much Kiltox, it's a bloody stunner, feels like a spaceship. Home now, going to show eva but my phones nearly dead, and on charge.

Just taken lots of pictures but my phone is still low on battery, so will pop those up later.

Xantia is not being scrsapped directly, it's going to someone who is occasionally on here, who also owns a white 1.9td estate. He deffo needs a new exhaust on his, so is having mine for a small charge as spares, although he plans to give both a good look over and save the better one and hav eoodles of spares, which seems fair enough to me.

Yes Moog, leccy handbrake which works well! Literally the only things not working that I know/have found so far is:

Rear glass bit of the tailgate, I accidentally opened it at Kiltox's and it took him a few mins to shut it again. 

Rear wiper inop, possibly related to tailgate glass

Satnav/built in audio. Long removed and the wires chopped about to fit a normal HU so that will stay removed!

Passenger side wing mirror. I've manually adjusted it and it's grand now

Front headlight washers (is there a seperate tank? The washer fluid is low, is it related to that?)

And that's it!

I'll put the pictures up later when my phones more charged. But it's amazing! 

Guest Hooli

Doesn't sound too bad yet...

Tailgate, IIRC the motor is in the lower part of the door & the linkage slots in when the glass is shut. Might be worth trying it with the glass open to see if the motor turns?

Headlamp washers only work with the headlights on, just in case you didn't know. I think it's a separate pump so might just feed slightly higher in the tank & stop working before the screen when low.

Guest Hooli

The rear wiper motor worked on mine, it was on of the few things that did. Mind you the nut holding it all to the glass had stripped & got welded on badly before I got it so the arm wasn't fitted.

Sing if you're glad to be giffer!

Wot is the crossing point from 'non giffer' to 'giffer'.  Is it an age related thing or is it brought on by bumper corner scrapes or the driving of a certain make and model car ?  

Well done on the Gooner, proper shite albeit it looks quite non shite 'shite'.  Does a Gooner make you a Giffer ?

Doesn't sound too bad yet...

Tailgate, IIRC the motor is in the lower part of the door & the linkage slots in when the glass is shut. Might be worth trying it with the glass open to see if the motor turns?

Headlamp washers only work with the headlights on, just in case you didn't know. I think it's a separate pump so might just feed slightly higher in the tank & stop working before the screen when low.

Ah that's a good shout, headlights were off.

There's a button the key card that turns the lights on, that's amazing!

Don't open the fucking tailgate glass even if it is to diagnose the rear wiper!!

Think the headlight washers do work BTW

I can't promise I won't, but I'll do it very early in the morning so I have all day to shut it...

Im sure they must, would have caused issues at the mot if they didn't and it's not been mentioned on previous tests

Guest Breadvan72

I told the youthful Beko that the Bimmer he was papping was an E30, and obvs a 318i because it had a single tailpipe and no badge (dead giveaway, and utterly pointless, because everyone knows that a debadged Bimmer is the most povvo version) ).  I know this because I am from the olden days.

EDIT:  I am WRONG: it's a 320.  Just checked on the MoT site.

Beko claims to have no prior experience of Woollarding, but I think he shows some promise.  

post-5528-0-59210600-1489857230_thumb.jpg

I told the youthful Beko that the Bimmer he was papping was an E30, and obvs a 318i because it had a single tailpipe and no badge (dead giveaway, and utterly pointless, because everyone knows that a debadged Bimmer is the most povvo version) ). I know this because I am from the olden days.

Beko claims to have no prior experience of Woollarding, but I think he shows some promise.

WP_20170318_14_25_22_Pro.jpg

"And here you can see where the oil leaks out, a fine design by renault as it saves using the dipstick to check the level. If it leaks, it's got oil in"