Less modern laguna.. For SALE! Terrible price, £200, you have until monday at 9am to stake a claim!

beko1987

I bought the vax over today, less powerful than the miele but it won't run as hot

post-5612-0-96106900-1490190909_thumb.jpg

And after 30 minutes I had this small square a bit cleaner

post-5612-0-20185600-1490190945_thumb.jpg

I need to empty the shed and find the big guns I think. The boot carpet is matted flat, and holding all the grit and sand. So I moved onto the drivers footwell

post-5612-0-30960400-1490191001_thumb.jpg

Which came up much better with a quick going over

post-5612-0-99887400-1490191027_thumb.jpg

It also used up 3/4 its header tank in water going home last night and back again this morning. Might keep water in the boot until I replace the thermostat and see if it's leaking from there or not...

No, I filled it up to the line and left it for another 5 hours, then drove it home. Ditto today...

It can't be emptying the system, as the coolant warning light hasn't come on, or just doesn't work. But I'd expect some symptoms, so it must be emptying it to a certain degree then being happy. The heaters do nothing, but it's not too cold atm, plus the heated seat works fine!

I can't run it up to temperature atm either as it never gets to temperature!

April the 8th is the next free day I'll have to have a go at the thermostat. Don't suppose anyone fancies taking smudges of the haynes manual bit for it on a 2.2dci do they? I know it's a free car, and you've all said don't do anything to it but I'm not killing it over a thermostat!

Oh gawd.....

Make sure the drains stay clear, it's those blocking that causes the UCH (body ECU) to get wet & die. They exit behind the arch liners at the back of the front arches.

Wait you're saying the sun roof drains to behind the front wheels? So there's a 7 foot long pipe all the way from the roof , through the A pillar down to the wheel arch?

Wait you're saying the sun roof drains to behind the front wheels? So there's a 7 foot long pipe all the way from the roof , through the A pillar down to the wheel arch?

Worse than that. The drains go from the sunroof, down to a catcher/funnel bit next to the body computer. This bit then goes into another drain down to the wheel arch. If the wheel arch drain is blocked, the catcher/funnel bit overflows on the body computer.

So bad, it's almost as if they designed it to fail!

Worse than that. The drains go from the sunroof, down to a catcher/funnel bit next to the body computer. This bit then goes into another drain down to the wheel arch. If the wheel arch drain is blocked, the catcher/funnel bit overflows on the body computer.

So bad, it's almost as if they designed it to fail!

You're making me feel bad for not checking them yet... It rained overnight too...

I'll probably forget again tomorrow, found ye old stiff carpet scrubbing brushes from my old detailing days! And I put the shampoo stuff for the vax in the boot. Would have got the steamer but it's 40 minutes of emptying the shed away, so fuck that tonight. Important stuff first eh!?

Checked the coolant though, about 1cm lower than lunchtime, so it's obviously not properly drinking it. It must be running the SVM approved total loss cooling system. Maybe if I keep topping it up with new coolant, by the time I do the stat it would have had flushed itself and all I'll need to do is fit the stat, top it up and bleed it!

I did however reset each window and the sunroof after the battery died, thanks to SIC for the workshop manuals! Not braved looking at the wiring diagram yet.

I also popped the passenger door puddle light bulb out and tried the keyless entry on that door and it didn't work, so I put the bulb back in and it can stay not working, I very rarely ever use the passenger door anyway, and a quick fondle of the rear handle en route to the front unlocks it anyway. I've been keeping the keycard in my wallet, and my wallet inside my coat, so feel mega swish just walking up to the car and getting in and starting it! That will all fall to bits when the weather gets better and I no longer require a coat, but until then I'll enjoy it!

The rear passenger door puddle light and boot light do not work either. I also broke the glovebox light housing, so there's no light in the glovebox which isn't really a massive issue... It did not work anyway and the bulb was fine.

Emptied out the Xantia a bit too earlier, the cabin is now empty bar a shit Vax Rapide shampooer on the back seat. Boot has a burnt out DC04, the box of shit I always keep in the boot, an empty cardboard box and my spanner box in, will sort that another day before it goes.

It used up 1cm of coolant this morning, I topped it up before leaving work, checked 40 minutes later at home and the level had not dropped. Heaters are warm now and the bleed valve pissed out water whwn I opened it. Hopefully it's balanced the system now, so I can keep an eye on it and see how much it really uses. Then change the stat

One thing I noticed though, when pottering at 40 say, very light/no throttle on a slight downhill road, the box drops into neutral. Was worried a bit, but it picks up fine with throttle. Should it do that?

I'm not even sure it does drop into neutral, 8 can't feel the change, just the Rev needle drops to idle.

No banging, few flared changes sometimes at 45 on light throttle, but the xm did that, must be right on its change limit and the throttle position sends conflicting signals. Light jab up 10mph sorts that!

Our local garage still does air for 50p so took the fronts from 29 and 30psi to 39, and the rears from 30 to 32. The spare needed the flat tyre button pushing, eventually it showed 6psi and took 33psi without exploding, so I'll see if it holds air. The heaters are quite warm now it has coolant in, temp gague still shows low, but that's promising.

The OBD port seems to not work though. Plugged my bluetooth thing in to try Oh No Renault, or Torque, was gonna try and see if I could bring up the coolant temperature just to check the dash isn't lying and the engine is getting megahot, hopefully it's running cool but no power seemed to go to the device. Is there a special renault trick I need to do to get the diag port working? My bluetooth things works fine (as in works with torque, no idea if it works with ohno yet.

Ah fair enough, means my friend didn't break my obd thing when he used it last! Good to know about the engine not running hot and the dash telling fibs, not going to get time to change the Stat for a while and I need to pop to somerset next weekend!

Brilliant purchase! got the identical car but with the V6 24V lump same as SIC,OK the gearknob wooden insert is rare and not fitted to all versions,only ones with the wooden pack inlay option,also the phone holder is an original option although it does have handsfree setup Bluetooth as standard being the Initiale its top of the range with only 17" Sliverstone shit alloys as an option(you have 16" Scala alloys)tinted rear windows and part wood steering wheel as an option,the sports tourer IS a great car in facelift version(March 2005-July 2007)a few problem do still carry on from the earlier models such as tailgate issues often water in the glass button not allowing you to open the tailgate,blocked front sunroof drain tubes,and blocked scuttle drains,the glovebox is missing its torx screw to hold it in,also the tabs might be broken due to it being removed to change the pollen filter,all wheel sensors on Laguna are a pain and note that the wheels are all colour coded to fit on the exact corner of the car and programmed in so if you mix them about the dash will show a different wheel being adjusted,so on the tyre valve its red NSF,green NSR,black OSR,yellow OSF,your car is Twightlight blue(472)with the rarer beige interior most are black which was a no cost option,cream leather was a factory option,mine has this,there are enough of us on here to keep you informed and hopefully keep it running for a bit longer....if you need any bits let me know,just broken a 51 Initiale and hopefully getting later 05 facelift shortly to break.both are V6.

Awesome knowledge, cheers! I've decided to not reinstate the carminat system (unless you know of any cheap head units and glove box bit, although will it all need coding together and how the hell does that work? Otherwise I'll take it all out and offer it up cheap. Not entirely sure if the system was removed due to its previous taxi status, or if it broke in another way) but do intend on cleaning up the interior, even more so now I know it's rare! It's pretty mint under the dirt, steering wheel is a bit worn, gear shifter gaiters a bit worn, but the seats are in good order under the grime.

Im hoping Kiltox's tailgate issues were partly due to the glass not shutting correctly as the wiper spindle caught on the motor and held the glass out slightly. I'll clean all the rubbers up, plus I cleaned the rubber on the tailgate switch when I had that off so hopefully it'll seal better now.

Not going to bother with the tyre sensors, it sounds expensive, and I can see if one goes flat! Must check the sunroof drains, do keep forgetting to do that! I have a massive selection of ransom screws, sure some will fit the glove box!

Interesting to hear the phone thing in the armrest is oem, I was going to try and remove it but it sounds like it'll be wired into the car pretty well so may just leave it alone!

I quite like the alloys, tyres are nice and cheap for brands I've heard of too it that size!

No probs,pleased you like it and are trying to smarten it up!,often the door pull handles are worn badly aswell with this colour interior and the black plastic is showing through,the hazard swith is easy to change,just open the centre armrest and pop the surround trim up then release the switch,bit tricky to get to the tabs but its not terrible

other common issues..

ALL chrome end caps on the outer door handles crack or peel  revealing white undercoat,and NSF cap is often missing if so let me know I have several brand new...

Headlamps mist over.

Headlamp washer stop working

Doors don't always lock with handsfree

Folding mirrors don,t fold

Rear parking sensors pack up

Cabasse stereo doesn,t take 6 CDs

Plus Sat nav issues but you already know about that.

Brilliant purchase! got the identical car but with the V6 24V lump same as SIC,OK the gearknob wooden insert is rare and not fitted to all versions,only ones with the wooden pack inlay option,also the phone holder is an original option although it does have handsfree setup Bluetooth as standard being the Initiale its top of the range with only 17" Sliverstone shit alloys as an option(you have 16" Scala alloys)tinted rear windows and part wood steering wheel as an option,the sports tourer IS a great car in facelift version(March 2005-July 2007)a few problem do still carry on from the earlier models such as tailgate issues often water in the glass button not allowing you to open the tailgate,blocked front sunroof drain tubes,and blocked scuttle drains,the glovebox is missing its torx screw to hold it in,also the tabs might be broken due to it being removed to change the pollen filter,all wheel sensors on Laguna are a pain and note that the wheels are all colour coded to fit on the exact corner of the car and programmed in so if you mix them about the dash will show a different wheel being adjusted,so on the tyre valve its red NSF,green NSR,black OSR,yellow OSF,your car is Twightlight blue(472)with the rarer beige interior most are black which was a no cost option,cream leather was a factory option,mine has this,there are enough of us on here to keep you informed and hopefully keep it running for a bit longer....if you need any bits let me know,just broken a 51 Initiale and hopefully getting later 05 facelift shortly to break.both are V6.

Love reading stuff like this.

One thing I noticed though, when pottering at 40 say, very light/no throttle on a slight downhill road, the box drops into neutral. Was worried a bit, but it picks up fine with throttle. Should it do that?

Mine does that and so did the AW55 in the Saab. I don't think it's actually in neutral. I think it's just there isn't enough spinning on the transmission side of the torque converter to force the engine side to turn quicker. Just a quirk of slush autos afaik.

Just checked the coolant and not a drop used. Which is nice. Queuing up for fuel earlier the needle went to the normal mark and the heaters got hot! It held that all the way home too.

I also took advantage of my shitty hoover videos putting me back in the black by going £68.69 back into the red for 58l of fuel.(get paid Thursday so I'm only borrowing it from myself) After reaching the heady heights of 1,132 miles of range after I reset the computer it settled down to 670,which would be nice!