Less modern laguna.. For SALE! Terrible price, £200, you have until monday at 9am to stake a claim!

beko1987

If starting causes the dash to flicker and parking brake fault comes up with out even touching it, then it's almost certainly the battery. Might get a few other dash lights coming up until it's got a bit of charge in it and it's restarted. All modern cars go a bit bonkers with a flat battery. Mine threw up the EML for low battery and missing devices on the CAN bus when the battery was starting to get a bit weak and unused for a week or two in the winter.

Probably all the fiddling done yesterday has drained the battery down. Is the battery before your ownership?

Have a go cleaning the battery connections if it's not the radio connectors causing a drain. My Espace did exactly the same thing a couple of weeks back - parking brake fault followed by dead start button. Recovery bloke noted earth lead was very hot. Cleaned it all up plus earth to inner wing, was then fine, but bought a new battery anyway (mainly because the existing one on my car was too small).

I think all my fiddling yesterday killed it, I pushed most of the buttons!

I didn't change the radio live and switched live it turns off with the car off so hopefully it's not that. It drove to work fine, so I'll see if it starts to get home. I did look at battery swapping, but the xantia battery is 60ah,gooner is 80. If it is fine for the next 2 weeks I'll wait for ecp to have a weekend 'sale' and buy a new one.

Jump leads are in the boot. Didn't feel any wires

Do you have a battery charger? I'd charge the battery and then STOP FUCKING AROUND WITH THE WIRING :D

I think it was more pushing buttons and doing stuff without the engine on for a few hours that caused the problem, all I've done wiring wise so far is plug the live for the radio back in!

I told you s- ...ah, whatever. This is hilarious.

Until my stupid ebay purchase fails to get me home from Manchester at the weekend.

This is why I never laugh at anyone on here with car issues, nor at people stuck on the hard shoulder. I've had it happen before, it could happen at any time!

It works! Been watching the car park all day waiting for some poor fool to take their car out to get lunch, just been and fetched it and it fired up straight away!

It works the car park barrier now, the xantia never did, I put it down to the angle of the numberplate, Gareths X reg crv works it so it can't be the format (we used to own the oldest cars, now it's just him...)

They keycard also works very well in my wallet in my coat pocket... Probably wont stay there for long though as I usually keep it in my back pocket, and I can imagine that being a bad idea if I sit my fat arse on it too much...

Guest Hooli

I usually keep it in my back pocket, and I can imagine that being a bad idea if I sit my fat arse on it too much...

Yes don't do that...

The circuit board inside the card is only half the length of the card & the rest is the battery holder. If you flex the card too much the battery connections snap where they join the board, I had to fix the replacement card I got with all the ECUs. They are a bit of a bugger to open without cutting your fingers apart.

They keycard also works very well in my wallet in my coat pocket... Probably wont stay there for long though as I usually keep it in my back pocket, and I can imagine that being a bad idea if I sit my fat arse on it too much...

Sitting on your fat arse with your wallet in your back pocket will give you sciatica.