**LITTLE RED TRACTOR SHITE * *.Kinkersaabs collection as they emerge and get cleaned

kinkersaab

ah, mr Crossan? I have dealt with him and his wife a few times over the years. I bought his G plate series  2 cx turbo in white. :)  he's a fine lad.

Yes indeed it was. I have known him for many years Via the CCC. It was offered to me at a very fair price, and most importantly it's a solid rot free car.

_DSC9222_zpsmc6xyqde.jpg

Thanks for all the positive comments. :). Its really good to drive, much faster and nicer to live with than the allegro, it does appear to have even cheaper grade plastics than the allegro too. :). I love the body roll on corners, people coming in the oppoosite direction look alarmed, which makes you want to provoke more lean :)

As with all cars, the pics are flattering, but it is far better than i thought it might be, i wont do any cosmetics to it, its perfectly good enough and i see nothing likely to worsen if looked after its funny as i havent had a single spoke citroen for many many years, yet when i grt in and hold th wheel i expect power steering with self centring. It must remind my senses of a cx :)

You will also k ow a good mate of mine who iwas visiting yesterday. Andy Burnett?

Yes! I do know Andy. He is a real legend and top bloke. I really need to catch up with him as I know thinks have not been that good recently and I did not want to intrude.

Andy has sorted me out with many BX parts. He also done the inspection on my GS before I bought it.

What a beautiful collection. I'm in love with the late XJ and the Citroen GSA is stunning.

Mr Citroen I saw your GS filling up last weekend at the Old Inns filing station near Cumbernauld. I'm going to say it was you as there can't be any other Gold GSs in the country! I nearly went straight over the roundabout nearby as I was craning my neck looking back. I also saw a blue GSA Pallas in the same area on drive it day a few weeks beforehand.

What a beautiful collection. I'm in love with the late XJ and the Citroen GSA is stunning.

Mr Citroen I saw your GS filling up last weekend at the Old Inns filing station near Cumbernauld. I'm going to say it was you as there can't be any other Gold GSs in the country! I nearly went straight over the roundabout nearby as I was craning my neck looking back. I also saw a blue GSA Pallas in the same area on drive it day a few weeks beforehand.

Yes, it was me. As it was nice at the weekend, I used it as the main runabout. I have heard of the blue GSA from another local car nut, but I have yet to see it. It has been spotted in Carrickstone and Kilsyth.

Yes indeed it was. I have known him for many years Via the CCC. It was offered to me at a very fair price, and most importantly it's a solid rot free car._DSC9222_zpsmc6xyqde.jpg

Liking the Lomax with it's appropriate wide front tyres - dvla say 1299cc - any more info? Massively more desirable than any Lotus 7 clone imho.

Liking the Lomax with it's appropriate wide front tyres - dvla say 1299cc - any more info? Massively more desirable than any Lotus 7 clone imho.

Yes, it is indeed 1299cc. It's the flat 4 from GSA. Its a very well engineered home brew made by the late Geat GlasgowCitroen expert Graham Harper.

• 2 months later...

It would be quite interesting to know. Pre-9/98 V8 E39 still had M62 engines without Vanos, something a lot of people prefer as its one less system that can go wrong, without really losing any performance. You can check your VIN with this decoder, it'll give you extremely useful information about the options your car came with from the factory, and when exactly it rolled off the assembly line.

http://www.bmwarchiv.de/vin/

EDIT: Your's was registered in March 2000, which makes it a single-vanos 540i. :)