1995 Renault 19 RTI £175ono or £3 a ticket.

bramz7

So three weeks ago I viewed and bought an R19.

Three weeks later I haven't really gelled with it and the new car thing has worn off. I dunno. Maybe being used to a BX made this a difficult move. Anyway, the BX will be going back into daily use ASAP (as in when my parking permit arrives for the R19 and I can then transfer it back), and this has to go as I am eyeing up something else. 

Details:

1995 M reg Renault 19 RTi (High spec) with just over 50k on the clock.

Last serviced March 2016.

MOT until May 2017, other than a bit of rust around the OS rear arch I can't see any issues with it passing another one.

Cambelt history unknown, hence low price. If you're more mechanically adept than myself, you can probably do it yourself.

Good on fuel, geared for town driving seemingly, although holds its own on a motorway.

4 decent tyres.

Very tidy interior other than a few issues noted below

All electrics work shocker, so powered mirrors, heated mirrors, sunroof, windows, decent headlights etc.

Original (working)stereo.

Spare key

Issues:

Central locking is a pain in the arse, basically the circuit has broken so unlocking the drivers door only brings with it the opposite side rear passenger door, and that's the same if you unlock it from the passenger side.

Seems to judder when idling, which I think is a dodgy engine mount. 

Some dings, but nothing huge.

Drivers side rear arch is a bit rusty, but it won't need the whole thing replacing. I think it got swiped by something in the past.

ONE missing wheel trim.

Elbow rest on drivers door somehow cracked inwards, but the material is okay, so it just dips a little.

33102623445_f1015dfe7a_c.jpgMy 1995 Renault 19 RT. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

33102624275_25e6d74766_c.jpgMy 1995 Renault 19 RT. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

33060862976_635e8aff26_c.jpgMy 1995 Renault 19 RT. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

I'd have kept it but the insurance is £40 a month more and it just doesn't float my boat. 

Located in Reading, Berkshire. Local pickup available. 

I drove richbraiths R19 last week and I was pleasantly surprised about how nice a little car it was to bumble around in.

Would be nice to have my own 19 to use as backup Daily when I take the Cav off the road.

Oh.... wait.... 😆

Collection plans in progress 🤔

It's a nice car, it's just not me and the extra insurance was a little too much.

Definitely embarrasses a few moderns. The engines last for ages too, the amount of high milers about is unreal.

I'll probably miss it but it's ticked off my car bucket list now.

I love mine (the one John drove), it's been the best car I've ever owned.  Using it as my daily again now.  The Energy is belt driven but it's a great engine, really refined for the time (it made its debut in the 19 at launch and carried over into the early Clio and Megane).  Mine is the carb version, this one is the SPi that was available in the phase 2.  I've had one of these too, same colour as this, with PAS as this one has it's one of those cars that makes you think the manufacturer has never really bettered it since.

Looking forward to mine meeting this! :)