Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
Event

Festival of the Unexceptional, 22 July 2017

Event

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#211 OFFLINE   ianbmw

ianbmw

Rank Austin Metro

• Full Members
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:46 PM

Evening All, brilliant feedback and thank you all for coming and your patience at the gate! I had the joy of trying to park the 820 modern vehicles and trying to figure out, A what language they were speaking and B if they were there for the School, the house, the wedding or the Unexceptional! So yes I was the handsome Hagerty employee on the gate upsetting TVR and 911 owners!

I must stress that we want the classic car park to be full of equally unexceptional vehicles, we did choose 5 from the car park as wild cards for the concourse, the super low mileage Peugeot saloon being my choice.

Any feedback or suggestions, please message me!

P.S I am an old car enthusiast, I enjoy my job but I won't answer any insurance questions on forums, I just want to talk about cars!

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  • flat4alfa, Six-cylinder, DSdriver and 2 others like this

#212 OFFLINE   Six-cylinder

Six-cylinder

• Full Members
  • 3,967 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationBuckingham

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:35 AM

ianbmw, on 23 Jul 2017 - 9:46 PM, said:

Evening All, brilliant feedback and thank you all for coming and your patience at the gate! I had the joy of trying to park the 820 modern vehicles and trying to figure out, A what language they were speaking and B if they were there for the School, the house, the wedding or the Unexceptional! So yes I was the handsome Hagerty employee on the gate upsetting TVR and 911 owners!

I must stress that we want the classic car park to be full of equally unexceptional vehicles, we did choose 5 from the car park as wild cards for the concourse, the super low mileage Peugeot saloon being my choice.

P.S I am an old car enthusiast, I enjoy my job but I won't answer any insurance questions on forums, I just want to talk about cars!

I would say this is a brilliant venue for the event.

Very minor grips:

Difficulty to get on the booking site

Two wrong post codes in the how to find instructions

At home and running:

1972 Citroen DS, 1986 Citroen Visa 17RD, 1999 Volvo V70 T5 Auto, 2000 Citroen C15 van, 1996 Citroen ZX TD Estate, 1970 Triumph Vitesse convertible, 1984 MG Metro , 2003 MG ZR + Trophy Yellow, 2001 156 V6 Sportwagon, 2002 Skoda Octavia 1.6, 1999 Citroen Xantia V6, 1978 Citroen GS. 

#213 OFFLINE   UltraWomble

UltraWomble

Wombling Free since 1971

• Full Members
  • 4,298 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationGranadaLand

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:38 AM

Why is everything Cornwall so bloody far from Everything else in the Universe Cornwall?! Looks like an impressive turnout!

FTFY

I really need to make the effort to get my bum to this next year. Looks superb.

The Picasso is the future Morris Minor.

15432673358_e48791f84f_t.jpg

#214 OFFLINE   dollywobbler

dollywobbler

Mr HubNut

• Full Members
  • 23,010 posts
  • 12 thanks

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:40 AM

I would say this is a brilliant venue for the event.

Very minor grips:

Difficulty to get on the booking site

Two wrong post codes in the how to find instructions

I'd just add that I got confused when trying to book my car in for the classic-only parking. I thought that was the concours, which I knew my car was not good enough for. Grateful to staff for letting me park in the classic section anyway.

1986 Citroen 2CV6, 1989 Nissan Bluebird
1990 Proton 1.5GLS, 1997 Honda S-MX, 2001 Perodua Nippa
HubNut Blog      HubNut Vids    Twatter

#215 OFFLINE   Six-cylinder

Six-cylinder

• Full Members
  • 3,967 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationBuckingham

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:44 AM

Maybe next year we could open the field of dreams for camping to coincide with this event as it is only 8 miles away.

• Heidel_Kakao, dollywobbler, holbeck and 3 others like this

At home and running:

1972 Citroen DS, 1986 Citroen Visa 17RD, 1999 Volvo V70 T5 Auto, 2000 Citroen C15 van, 1996 Citroen ZX TD Estate, 1970 Triumph Vitesse convertible, 1984 MG Metro , 2003 MG ZR + Trophy Yellow, 2001 156 V6 Sportwagon, 2002 Skoda Octavia 1.6, 1999 Citroen Xantia V6, 1978 Citroen GS. 

#216 OFFLINE   holbeck

holbeck

• Full Members
  • 1,439 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:09 AM

post-5013-0-83596700-1500753300.jpg

robT takes a photo of dollywobbler taking a photo (with added Six-cylinder content).

20229255_474754932859843_7821735780782811814_n.jpg

Meanwhile, dollywobbler takes a photo of robT taking a photo (with added Six-cylinder content).

• dollywobbler, RobT, gadgetgricey and 3 others like this

#217 OFFLINE   rantingYoof

rantingYoof

Knobhead S60 wanker

• Full Members
  • 1,270 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:52 AM

I also think fantastic venue, but think the house's toilets could have been made available. Six portaloos weren't really adequate!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  • flat4alfa likes this

Cure for insomnia #57812: rantingYoof's Historic Car Fleet Information History...Thing

Proud to be the 'first' owner of Mason, the 1995 LS400 Mk4 that now thinks its a Goona.

Now becoming the new 'Autoshite Bike'...320Touring is the latest lucky dawg to sample V8 smoothness.

#218 OFFLINE   RobT

RobT

• Full Members
  • 2,763 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationSE London

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:55 AM

A few more random pics.

Caramac Stellar interior.  The owner kindly let us sit in it.  At one point three of us were in there (me, AnthonyG and Wuvvum) having impure thoughts...

Stellar.jpg

Stellar 1.jpg

Lovely, original 5 with wobbed up bits

R5.jpg

On the way out

Tipo and 19.jpg

• trigger, Six-cylinder, Bucketeer and 2 others like this
1982 miniMetro 1.0 L
1992 Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0 CDi
1992 Jaguar Sovereign
1993 Renault Safrane soft cheese spec
1993 Vauxhall Astra GM dizzler

#219 OFFLINE   Bucketeer

Bucketeer

• Full Members
  • 1,905 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationIn a tent. Somewhere.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:49 AM

Rob, is that the interior of Ray's Gold Medal Stellar?
To my eternal regret I never made it to the interior at SF16, I was too busy drooling all over the exterior.

#220 OFFLINE   RayMK

RayMK

• Full Members
  • 683 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • LocationMidlands

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:35 AM

To my eternal regret I never made it to the interior at SF16, I was too busy drooling all over the exterior.

No.  I think it must be the reddish Stellar - there's a bit of that colour visible in the shut line.  Mine is the same colour inside but has detail differences e.g. electric window switches on the doors, not on the central console.

• Bucketeer likes this

#221 OFFLINE   Bucketeer

Bucketeer

• Full Members
  • 1,905 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationIn a tent. Somewhere.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:45 AM

Ah okay, thanks Ray. I knew it wasn't Mat's and, as I say, I unfortunately never got round to inspecting the inside of yours.

#222 OFFLINE   RayMK

RayMK

• Full Members
  • 683 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • LocationMidlands

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:54 AM

Ah okay, thanks Ray. I knew it wasn't Mat's and, as I say, I unfortunately never got round to inspecting the inside of yours.

...and I forgot to mention the all important difference - a gold (coloured!) medallion stuck to the passenger side dash panel, commemorating the Seoul Olympics of 1988.

• mat_the_cat and Bucketeer like this

#223 OFFLINE   Spottedlaurel

Spottedlaurel

• Full Members
  • 3,383 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationNorfolk

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:19 PM

It'll be ages before I properly sort out my photos, but I've just had a pleasant lunchtime playing "Where's Wuvvum".

IMG_6117.JPG

Here he ponders the lack of chrome arches whilst AS old boys yarn on about the good old days.

IMG_6120.JPG

Another big saloon catches his eye. AngryDicky can be seen in full power-dressing splendour.

IMG_6041.JPG

Ah, he's seen me.

IMG_5898.JPG

Meanwhile, Hirst's Quintet was such a hit it actually had people praying to it. Quite a strong reaction, but justified.

• wuvvum, blakey79, Mash and 10 others like this

The home of one previous owner Japanese cars:

1973 Datsun 1200 B110 2dr; 1980 Laurel 2.4 C230; 1988 Sunny 1.6 LX N13
1992 Camry 2.2GL (definitely just for spares now); 1993 Camry Estate 2.2GL on the road again!!

And a couple of modern Toyotas

Thanked by 1 Member:
quicksilver

#224 OFFLINE   mat_the_cat

mat_the_cat

• Full Members
  • 3,145 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationRiding the trough of the fashion wave

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

The reddish Stellar belonged to a chap also called Alex, who I think is on here occasionally.
I'm disappointed that you couldn't tell from the dials that the interior photos are clearly from a pre-facelift Stellar, and hence couldnt possibly be Ray's special edition model from the following year. 3/10 Must try harder!
  • RobT, Bucketeer, RayMK and 1 other like this

#225 OFFLINE   Mash

Mash

• Full Members
  • 2,445 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Location1985

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:16 PM

Hi folks, long time no post!  I had a really fab day at FOTU, my first time at the event.  I'm sorry I didn't meet with all the shiters present but a fab day had by all and great to see those who I did have a yarn with. It seems I managed to hide all the crappy bits on my Sunny's bodywork pretty convincingly too 8)  There were some awesome cars there and for me the mint 505, Tempra and trio of Stellars were real highlights along with Hirst's Quintet, a model of car I haven't touched since 1986.

• Spottedlaurel, wuvvum, trigger and 2 others like this
I dont no wot there worth tbh mate only wont it for pre 68 obvserly lol hav u got any pics plz mate

#226 OFFLINE   dollywobbler

dollywobbler

Mr HubNut

• Full Members
  • 23,010 posts
  • 12 thanks

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:23 PM

Hi folks, long time no post!  I had a really fab day at FOTU, my first time at the event.  I'm sorry I didn't meet with all the shiters present but a fab day had by all and great to see those who I did have a yarn with. It seems I managed to hide all the crappy bits on my Sunny's bodywork pretty convincingly too 8)  There were some awesome cars there and for me the mint 505, Tempra and trio of Stellars were real highlights along with Hirst's Quintet, a model of car I haven't touched since 1986.

Frankly, I think the rust bubbles are what made the car a clear winner at an event celebrating the imperfect! Good to see you again.

• flat4alfa likes this

1986 Citroen 2CV6, 1989 Nissan Bluebird
1990 Proton 1.5GLS, 1997 Honda S-MX, 2001 Perodua Nippa
HubNut Blog      HubNut Vids    Twatter

#227 OFFLINE   trigger

trigger

• Full Members
  • 20,106 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • LocationIpswich

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:04 PM

I'm really quite disappointed that i couldn't make this, i was really looking forwards to it until i found it was the same day as i was driving home from a wet holiday in Devon. I'd even got the Dolomite booked in too.

Next year I'll *definitely be there.
  • flat4alfa likes this

1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500 SE

2004 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Zetec

#228 OFFLINE   AnthonyG

AnthonyG

• Full Members
  • 3,048 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:11 PM

This was a great show and it was good to see Autoshiters new and old. Now I know the guy I vaguely recognised talking to Darren ReallyLoud was the legendary Pogweasel!

Thanks are due to Six-cylinder for letting me drive his lovely little MG Metro to the event. It felt good to turn up in something appropriate for a change!

#229 OFFLINE   richardmorris

richardmorris

• Full Members
  • 4,426 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:28 AM

TELEMMGLPICT000135620076-large_trans_NvBhttp://www.telegraph...-unexceptional/

• RobT likes this
  • Mercedes E320 coupé
  • Fiat X1/9
  • Citroën 2CV6

#230 OFFLINE   alcyonecorporation

alcyonecorporation

• Full Members
  • 1,120 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • LocationNagasaki Towpath

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:36 AM

Hey if I have the power of sight next year I'll see if I can come down. 

What we need is more poo brown cars.

Top tip, stop buying shit old cars. Works for me.

Lukas, shaking his head

#231 OFFLINE   Mr_Bo11ox

Mr_Bo11ox

• Full Members
  • 22,411 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • LocationUttoxeter/Derby

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:38 PM

Even though I only saw a fraction of this I reckon it’s pretty much the perfect car show, for me anyway. Theres nowt wrong with car clubs of course, they are the backbone of the old car movement, but not having any present here means this show avoids the whole ‘bunting/roped-off areas/regalia/unspoken inter-marque rivalry’ bollocks afflicting most old car shows that make me feel a little bit embarrassed inside to attend (like I am a normal person who is attending a ‘Games Workshop’ miniature goblin-painting conference on the quiet away from family, colleagues etc). I think you could take anyone to this show and they would enjoy it, even if they weren’t an old car dweeb.

• trigger, flat4alfa, RobT and 4 others like this

PIGEONZ NEST

CHECK OUT MY AWARD-WINNING SHITE-FIXING BLOG HERE

"THE 2.3 POWERTRAIN IS A SILENT IS AS A FISH, AND IT PULLS LIKE A GREAT"
"The engine has airbrushed skulls on it"

"Car shows are full of mentals talking tosh"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users