Free '98 VW PASSAT TDI B5. MOT AUG.

Dermist

It's tidy enough for a weekend tinkerer. Bodywise it's pretty straight, small bit of rust bubbling on roof but nowt a skim down and repaint wouldn't sort. Interior needs a hoover and seats need a bit of scrubbing, but it's all there. It's a mix between the A4 and A6. Sort of slots nicely I between the 2 if it were an Audi.

It certainly has the potential to be a nice straight and strong car. I wish I could keep it and get it sorted but it seems like it really didn't want to be owned by me, I shan't be able to enjoy as I'd like to have done but never mind. Maybe it's time I sorted or scrapped my Sterling.

Considering your circumstances Mo, I doubt anyone would begrudge you sticking it on Gumtree for £200 or whatever, so you can afford to pay the rent, or MOT a Rover etc.

I know you got it free, but you owe Autoshite nothing, you've helped out others in need.

Totally agree. Bit left field but a mate of mine is after a spare for his new SEAT Altea.

Happily bung a few quid for the spare in this if its holds air.

Cheers

Dave

I dont know much about Audi's, I helped a mate repair the wiring loom to the rear doors on his A6 a little while ago.

I do have a Ford Galaxy which is a hotch potch of Ford bits and VAG leftovers that had similar charging issues.

If your passat has one of these bits of shit under the bonnet the fix may be free provided you have a good wire brush.

The crispy black wire is the feed from the alternator in that picture.

XkyXs7kl.jpg

Apologies if I'm teaching Grandma how to do tricks with eggs and all that, just my tuppence worth on the subject.