Citroen ZX 1.9 XUD estate now gorned forevers

castros_bro

Have a try for the 102s, I got a very short text today "6pm and a postcode" so took time off work and drove several hours to the postcode.  Got there and spent 30 minutes trying to find someone, phone just rung and rung also no reply to texts or bell push.  Nothing doing so I left and over an hour after the appointed time got a call "was i still in town?" well no I had buggered off and far enough away so CBA to go back.

I have sent him a text so we will see what happens.

Does the 5th gear make much of a difference?

No is the short answer.

The 5th gear is a lower ratio than 4th in the 4 speed box. Top in 4 speed is 22.4 mph per 1000/rev and top in the 5 speed box is 21.6 mph per 1000/rev. The 5 speed box improves performance, 0.3 sec from the 0-60 time and adds 2 mph to the top speed.The 5 speed is supposed to cost around 4 mpg.

In practice you can't feel the difference and just change gear more in the 5 speed car. Also while I have never driven the 4 and 5 speed cars back to back the feeling is there is no difference in fuel consumption.

The next obstacle in your 102s quest will be to get someone to open this gate/door made of crappy wood with bell push on it which, the front door of the house appears to be behind this.  Still don't know the bloke's name.

attachicon.gifIMG_20170315_184711.jpg

John is all we were given. It was an odd conversation I had with him last Saturday, he says he brings a few bikes over from France and tried to sell me a 1955 Peugeot, sensing this was going to be too expensive for a bit of fun I turned the conversation back to the 102s. The only thing he could tell me was they have rear suspension. Why did he know so little about them?