Modern 2CV Rip Off?

trigger

Whist browsing round my local Ford/Citroen rip off dealers this afternoon i spotted this Citroen C3 Pluriel Charleston, Never knew they was making this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Based on the Early 80's 2CV Chareston with the matching colours, Not sure what to make of it though, Think it suited the 2cv but not this eurobox, Can't see as many people going for it as the 2CV.

Posted Image

Hideous. And while we are at it I have never 'got' the special edition 2CV's either - Charlston, Dolly etc (Sorry Ian) Always seemed a bit 'desperate'& marketed squarely at middle aged suburban guardian-reading women...In my opinion a 2CV should come only in 'peasant' colours, flat & faded blue or red or white with rust blebs. Tres bien!

Why I oughta...

Daft thing is, I never liked Dollies myself until I got one. Then I realised that actually, driving a Dolly puts you on a higher plane to the dregs of humanity in their bland estates... :P

I do agree though. Like Land Rovers, 2CVs look at their best when a bit battered and hand painted. Much like my mate's 2CV!

Posted Image

Don't even get me started on the sodding Plureyuck...

Seconded, I reckon the C3 Pluriel is a dreadful-looking vehicle and the paintjob makes no difference. They're surprisingly pricey those Pluriels though, can imagine them being quite the shite contender in a few years.

Not keen on the C3, but I'd go to great lengths to own that BX :)

I do think that in general special editions are awesome. A lot seem to have weird trim specs, really naff extras and questionable paintjobs/interior designs. What isn't there to like?

Hmm! I'm thinking:

Posted Image

:D

and

Posted Image

Mark.

That was less a special edition and more a desperate last throw of the dice to try and wring a few more months out of the Rover 25 bodyshell... although I suppose production probably totalled less than the average Ford special edition run... :lol:

I so want to own a Streetwise....Nurse, more pils please.

I always liked the Rover 200 BRM for its utter pointlessness
I always wondered who on earth thought a tacky orange grill on a British Racing Green Rover would make it look sporty, just looks shite!