For Sale/Swappage: Project Martorell (Seat 133)

purplebargeken

That fusebox looks suspiciously like a fiat 126 fusebox. Middle of the production run though. The early ones had 6 fuses and the later bis had a modern style fuse holder.

Also watching that video - the ignition cowling looks a bit like the 126  along with the row of switches under the dash which I believe were fitted to the Deville model.

Might be worth bearing that in mind when looking for bits and bobs. there are still a few 126's being broken and I know of a few people still hoarding 126 parts.

This popped on a Tumblr blog I follow "Carsthatnevermadeittoproduction" all about the Seat 133.

I have asked permission to copy the photos and paste them here.

The blog is a good steer anyway and I recommend a visit.

This is what he has found out about it:

Seat 133, 1974. The 133 was designed and developed in Spain based on the discontinued rear-engined Fiat 850. It was marketed as a Fiat 133 in markets with no Seat dealer network at the time, including the UK, Germany and Argentina. It also had a second life in Egypt where it was produced  by the Nasr Automotive Manufacturing Company

Anyway, here are the pictures, one is contender for the Girls and Car thread!

post-5182-0-76147000-1490908502_thumb.jpg

post-5182-0-66310500-1490908508_thumb.jpg

post-5182-0-90954700-1490908513_thumb.jpg

post-5182-0-79385200-1490908517_thumb.jpg

Well bootlid is bought and on it's way to me. It's a NOS item, so no lock.

Not that fussed currently re: lock but having a bootlid will make it look a bit more complete and is a morale booster.

Still need to get that sodding bonnet open somehow.

Got the bonnet open, judicious mix of brute force, ignorance and much cable pulling.

Quite a lot of space. The battery is missing (no problem. Ah, it seems like the brake master cylinder is also missing. Arse.)

Anyone want a Seat 133?

Come on ! There's a 99.9% chance that the master cylinder is shared with another Fiat model, and is available off the shelf for £20 or thereabouts !

Fiat part finding mojo took a hit over the weekend.

There is a green one of these on ebay, I PM'd the seller to ask if he might take a photo or two of the ignition lock and wiring but no reply.

I think the gap in the engine bay might be for a regulator (but there is an alternator fitted).

Fiat part finding mojo took a hit over the weekend.

There is a green one of these on ebay, I PM'd the seller to ask if he might take a photo or two of the ignition lock and wiring but no reply.

I think the gap in the engine bay might be for a regulator (but there is an alternator fitted).

Don't bottle it now, Ken!

If it's pissing you off - put it away for a few weeks then revisit it.  As mentioned above, it's unlikely to be a bespoke part because FIAT.  It was also very unlikely that this going to be anything other than "long haul".

Stick at it, I'm pretty sure you'll regret it otherwise.

Have continued to be-barn the car. Interior is cleaner but there is still a way to go.

At least it smells better.

I obtained a pair of front wing repeaters from a Volvo 66 on Saturday. They fit the 133 perfectly.

I re-secured the fuse holder and found the cover under the seat. The front 'boot' cleaned up pretty well. All wires now accounted for in there. I then realised that the brake master cylinder requires a reservoir. Meh. Had forgotten about that. Next weekend will see the removal of the air filter housing, the alternator and the plugs. Then diesel will be introduced to the spark plug holes.

Shopping wish/need list so far consists of:

Boot lock

Door handles/locks

Ignition lock

8 Wheel studs/nuts 'cos missing

Door mirrors

Plugs

Oil filter

Oil

Air filter

New fuel pipes

Brake master cylinder reservoir

Various fan/aux belts

Jobs to do:

Remove the air filter housing

Remove the spark plugs

Remove the alternator

Pour diesel down the spark plug holes

Finish cleaning the interior

Polish the stainless bumpers (yes, I know but it makes me feel better)

Remove the alternator

Perhaps unbolt the rear panel to make this a bit easier.

Cut off the shitty rusty horrible exhaust to make this actually possible. Bin horrible exhaust. Plan to buy cherry bomb or something similar when the time comes. 

Turn the engine over by hand, very gently, very slowly once the diesel has soaked in.

Drop the fuel tank

Clean the fuel tank.

Refit the fuel tank. 

Renew the fuel hoses and jubilee clips.

Get rid of the rust, fill, prime and paint. At some point in the future. Hmm, might do the front passenger wing as that is the worst bit on the car. Just because. 

More to follow but too tired and CBA.

In between all of this...... do the Transit. Feck.

The recent diagnosis of obstructive sleep apnea is not an issue in this but other current symptoms are. GP made a referral yesterday and I have a hospital appt on Tuesday. 

I am not going to get too worried about things 'cos that's who I am.

However, this has made me realise that the accruing of too many things is not a good idea at the moment.

The 133 is a great project. I have cleaned the interior and it makes a lot of difference. I have taken the N/S front wing down to bare metal. There are no holes in it but the top has quite a few dents in it. I will improve it over the coming week having rust treated it and so on. 

I took the front bumper off today to get to various bits of bodywork. 4 nuts, all easily accessible lol. Easy peasy.

The underneath of the car is absolutely sound. Lovely. Better than the Alfa FFS!

I have a NOS engine bay cover. It needs a lock. I also have a new brake master cylinder.

The car is cleaner than when shown in the pics put up by Sam G in the original for sale thread. I do still have some of the original hay though.

The price: £650.

Collection by trailer or dolly required.