For Sale/Swappage: Project Martorell (Seat 133)

purplebargeken

Wow that's responded really well to a good clean! It looks very solid for one of these, has it had any aftermarket rustproofing?

Re the engine lid, I think junkman posted up a link to a NOS replacement on the original Sam Glover thread.

Looks great, this must surely only need a couple of days worth of fettling.

It's odd about the ignition switch - did this ever have a steering lock? Check the starter and find the wire in the solenoid and trace it back. You can spin the starter by just powering up the starter. I love doing wiring.

It's still pretty rank inside, lots of straw oddly enough. Tons of scrubbing required. 

Shame about the drivers seat damage, but hey ho. 

I can't see much in the way of rust protection to be honest.

The wiring will likely be the last thing I tackle. You love doing wiring eh? Hmmm. where are you ;)

Could be. No sodding wires around the locality that look ignition orientated though.

Much puzzlement!

I seem to recall many years back coming across a FIAT that had a little lever on the floor behind the gear lever that you pulled up to start. I may be talking total bollocks here and it's a completely different car.

Oh now that is odd. There is a pull knob by the handbrake.

I presumed it was a choke.

I had seen that in the pictures which is what provoked my post. However, a further bit of Googleing suggests that it should have a steering lock as they were required post 1971. In which case I think there should be a key unit which my guess is, was clamped around the steering column where that slot is.

Also, there's a Spanish pdf of a manual which I found with Google but what it covers exactly, whether it costs money and whether it is safe I can not tell.

There were quite a lot of these in Cairo when I was there in 2004.   I vaguely remember getting a bit of stink eye from the passenger of one for some reason. 

Safer VW motoring mag did a road test on one. I'll see if I can find it.

That picture of the 133 steering wheel reminds me of my early 70's 127, but not in a good way.

The lethal lighting stalk: four positions: all off - parking lights - dipped headlights - main beam headlights.

So if you are not very careful when dipping the headlights you can push the stalk through the dip position straight to parking or even all off.

As for those floor mounted starters as on the 500 etc; the starter doesn't have a solenoid, the little floor lever pulls via a short cable to move the starter pinion into engagement with the flywheel and then closes the electrical contacts. No solenoid required. An arrangement also seen on old tractors.

I've had som ace advice and pointers from here re: the 133 and I am hugely grateful :)

This especially made me chuckle :) :) :)

you really should sell me the 133 if you no whats good for you I don't think its the sort of thing you can handle. but your going to need to take a hit, the 133 club don't take kindly to imposters. re list the little car, it needs to be in the right hands, no disrespect but its not you.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

This especially made me chuckle :) :) :)

you really should sell me the 133 if you no whats good for you I don't think its the sort of thing you can handle. but your going to need to take a hit, the 133 club don't take kindly to imposters. re list the little car, it needs to be in the right hands, no disrespect but its not you.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

That's a joke, right?

It's fine guys, I took it for nothing more than a tongue in cheek joke. I have no concerns that someone on here would actually mean such a thing lol.

Thanks again to everyone who has chipped in with advice and wiring diagrams, hugely appreciated. No Fiat?Seat action this weekend as I am working :(