Jaguar Sovereign 4.0 V8 (LWB) £1,600

Partridge

OK, it's looking like I'm going to have to sell this now, sadly. The Mrs wants new furniture etc so the money has to come from somewhere and it makes more sense to sell this than my daily.

Stupid me for trying to have a hobby...

dnj6nn.jpg

2m0e2c.jpg

Look at all the car you're getting for your money! Namely, my car. It's certainly my favorite out of all the cars I owned so it makes me pretty pissed off to be selling it. But the Mrs is more important. I suppose.

I've started this thread about it which describes pretty well: http://autoshite.com/topic/26579-purple-reign/

Just over 124k on the clock, MoT until 22nd of July. I can't really think of anything major it could fail on.

But here goes:

Mechanically it seems pretty good. It pulls well, the autobox performs well and the exhaust is in good shape (it's big bucks to replace it on one of these). There's not stacks of history with it, but you can tell from how it drives that it's been really well looked after and doted on. I've a sneaking suspicion that much of the history has been lost, which is a shame.

The timing chain tensioners may or may not need doing. If I was keeping it, I'd do it to be safe.

The brake fluid needs changing, as the pedal is spongey and you can feel the fluid frothing up under hard/moderate braking.

But it does feel very fresh to drive otherwise.

The good news is it has a brand new thermostat and housing. I've upgraded the housing to an aluminum one, rather than the leak prone plastic one.

Bodywork is good. The underbody, from what I've seen of it looks rust free. But the lower tips of the front wings and the front edges of the sills have started to rust. It's a common XJ rot trap, and I can't see it being a problem MOT-wise, but it will start looking ugly in a couple of years or so. Other than that, she looks damn sharp. There's a few stone chips etc, but nothing obvious that spoils the looks of the car.

Interior is gr9. Not perfect, but very good and presentable.

There's a fuck off crack on the windscreen that I've not had a chance to sort yet. Autoglass can replace it, but make sure you have windscreen cover if you decide to go for it. I'll fix it if I get a chance between now and saying goodbye.

If it doesn't sell here within a couple of weeks I'll sort the brakes, change the oil and tart it up and chance my arm for 2k on some wanky classics for sale website.

No roffles, sorry.

I should be around this weekend for viewing.