Jaguar Radios

MorrisItalSLX

Jaguar classic parts have several listed for the Series III. The website covers the later Series III, so early units won't be included - and I don't know enough abuot the SIII to know which one is which.

http://www.jaguarclassicparts.com/uk/series-iii-xj12-parts/in-car-entertainment/radio/radio

This blog illustrates the headunits available on the XJ-S in the 1980s - you will be able to cross reference the part numbers with the ones on the Jaguar classic parts website (Jaguar Classic Parts is Jaguar's own website for older cars)   in order to see which units were used on the Series three http://erwinxjs.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/its-radio-time.html

Mine is an Australian Market Sovereign - Build Date September 1985.

Unfortunately the knob who fitted the new radio (2000s Pioneer Cassette) hacked up the wiring fitting it, so I need to track down a radio with the wiring so I can connect it up.

I'm not looking for the exact radio that was fitted new, just a genuine Jaguar unit that will look 10 times better than the current one.

Ebay Scouring Complete.

Good News: quite a few tasty looking radios out there

Bad News: None in Australia, Most are from the USA so have weird stations so will not work in Oz, Most have dodgy tape decks or don't work at all, all cost an arm and a leg - I could buy a pretty nice brand new stereo for the kind of money people want so it looks like this could be harder than I thought.

AAAARRRRGGGG

Also checked out some specialty websites, but will need to re-mortgage the house for their prices

Edited by MorrisItalSLX

My neighbour has loads of that era jag spares after breaking various xj series 3's years ago. He's on e bay as triumphspitfirespares. Might be worth looking him up as he's a good guy, regularly posts stuff internationally and is very reasonably with prices.