Peugeot 106 1.5D *!!Collected!!*

Jim Bell

Someone in the past, who was a prize chode, fitted MASSIZE heavy aero wipers to this smoll and charming ottomobile. They dont fit on the screen and are so heavy that they actually slow the wiper mechanism down.

attachicon.gif20170309_110827.jpg

They were also rigid as a ten peckered owl so I snapped them off and threw them in a hedge.

Harold Halfrods and sons provided suitable petite replacements, improving operation ten hundred percents.

attachicon.gif20170309_115232.jpg

Tl;dr: new wiper blades.

iirc they are 20 inchers all round so a new rear could be a second hand front- facelift got a poxy 16 rear i think

Once at work, I parked up and strutted into the building like I was JACK THE BISCUIT.

I was then asked to move the car off site as parking is not for the likes of me.

I returned to the car in a sulk like I was JACK THE CUNT.

The car protested this outrageous injustice by generally being dead.

As I had no meter, I rang the missus who kindly drove over with it.  I thanked her and sent her home.  I then realised that my jump pack was flat and that the charger was at home.

I checked the battery volts and thought they looked ok.  I was wrong.

I gave up and rang the big orange van.

z6JyOMM.jpg

"Yore batry is deffo fukd m8 lol therz 1 on the van but 4 tht its £110 m8"

Me: is it even charging?

AA man:

tA8H9Ju.jpg

No.  No it is not.  I'll try tapping it with an hammer a metal rod.

NEE GUD.

Me:  I dont really need that battery then do I?

AA man:  No.  Drive home on one of mine and I'll follow you home and take it off at the other end.

Me: okden

All in all, 4/10 for fun.  10/10 for AA service.

MO0wJwR.jpg

Need an alternator.  Back to the square of 1.

It's a flat belt, with a metal tensioner/ roller.  It probably won't need replacing, they're pretty sturdy.  You can also pick the plastic cover off the bearing easily and add a bit of grease while it's off.

Edit- yours is a ph1, so check it's not a V belt like cobblers says.. but I'm pretty sure all TUD5s have ribbed belts..

How fecking mint is the inside of your boot? it looks brand new. They are usually scratched to hell and rotting out along the edges of the wheelarches.

Theres one 50p sized area of grot in the drivers side reat boot corner. Thats the only bit I can find on the car. Its pretty tidy.

Reg Grundies in rouge, clearly winner.

Had one with boot floor full of foul brown bin juice looking liquid. Went mental shitting myself about leaks rust etc. Bro in law had transported a fucked mower and not told me he'd let few litres of two stroke sit in the boot for 7 years. Always wondered why it sloshed around corners.

Would this have a Mitsubishi alternator? PSA had a habit of using Mitsubishi alternators and starters for a while and I've never known one not to give trouble.

I really dont know fella but theres a couple of 106 diesels as SPEARS OR REAPERS on the old ebay that need alternators so Im guessing theyre a service part at about 100k ish.

The Ignis also needs an Alt and is on 100k. Coincidence, or is lifespan of all alternators about 100,000 miles?

Poorly concieved automotive conspiracy theory of the day.

I reckon he knew something needed changing, hence volt meter, but didn't know what.

More than likely true. Mind I dunno what Peugeot were thinking ommiting a battery light of any kind from the dash. Much like the BOILED light, the first warning you get is when a major component is fully fucked.

Howay Peugeot. Give us a fighting chance.