Anyone got a NSR door for a U11 Nissan Bluebird estate?

uk_senator

Unfortunately someones had a go since that pic was taken, & made a right pigs ear of it. (not me). To be fair the frame was also heavily distorted.

Blimey, what a confusing part look up system Nissan had back then.. So the skin is the same, but the frame (part of the frame) is different.. From what I can make out..

I hope so. And to sweeten the deal, if any racers have a mint door, a back bumper, a set of lights and mirrors, they can have the old door AND this solid 1988 Daimler XJ40 rolling shell (without a boot lid or sunroof, and the bonnets had a 1` square cut out of it since that pic) has block, working autobox and axles.. I think its got an LSD being a Daimler too, steering, brakes etc still fitted, just no head or top end stuff and no interior) absolutely free! Cant say fairer than that guvnor..

post-3844-542185.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm convinced I posted you this link before; know it's in another country, but maybe some help

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/nissan-datsun-bluebird-parts/6527104

I was there a couple of years back; I'd be surprised if there isn't one there

As much as I want another door, I`m not prepared to do a 700 mile round trip for one! The phone numbers seem to be a few digits missing as well?

Slowboat Shitely available to Carlisle at some point in the next couple of months. Once on the mainland, I can't see it being beyond the massive to convey it down the M6 and beyond.

Many thanks for the offer, but I`m intending to get it back to mint by somewhere between the middle of May and the start of June.

You may have to.....

In my efforts to keep an Silvia going I ordered wishbones from California. Obviously, they were wrong.....

I just havent got that kinda budget or time unfortunately.

I`ve kinda resigned myself to the fact I`m going to have to repair the one I`ve got.

I`ve managed to repair the broken door mirror, so no more gaffer tape, still trying to find a NSR light (again, I might have to repair that) and a NSF corner light (cant be repaired invisibly as its clear), gonna have to fill & paint the bumpers too. I`m in the process of ordering a full service kit with a timing belt.

post-3844-353488.jpg

post-3844-351527.jpg

post-3844-1795545.jpg

post-3844-1076806.jpg

post-3844-12771.jpg

post-3844-28224.jpg

post-3844-8640.jpg

post-3844-413684.jpg

post-3844-257262.jpg

I`ve given up on finding a door, so yesterday I decided to fill it. Turns out its not the original door anyway it was blue on the inside & has had the bottom edge of the skin welded (a beautiful job though), and there were 2 `pulling holes` from where someones repaired it in the past. Was pleased to see no rot inside or out, even inside where the welding was done.

Wire brushed all the bits with surface rust & flatted it all down, re-beat some of it, then went to fill it.. Trouble is my filler hadnt been used for years & had little hardened bits in it, wouldn't spread smoothly, so just did 2 build-up layers. By now it was getting dark so I etch primed, primed & put some 5-wheel silver on it to seal it till I can get more filler.

Also fitted a high level brake light while I was waiting for the filler to cure, as I`m parra I`m gonna get rear ended by drivers of 4x4`s & vans who tend to look for a hi-level light these days.

post-3844-783666.jpg

post-3844-2280714.jpg

post-3844-451661.jpg