Forced Sale: Skoda Felicia 1.3 "Victoria"...£125

comfysofa

Hi Peeps,

Long time lurker here with a opportunity, fantastic or not, to own this fine steed: A Skoda Felicia "Victoria", which i suspect is a dealer made special, as it says "L" on the proper Skoda badge...this means windy windows and fine Grundig radio cassette at a jaunty angle due to fastening clips coming adrift, as well as slightly leaky sunroof, mudflaps, trims off a LXi, and genuine Skoda wind deflectors for the front windows...i do have all four trims and the deflectors in the boot as have been running this as a hack for a few months and cosmetic appearances not a priority...

Joking apart, it's a reasonable example of the breed, a base model with some extras tacked on, usual rear wheelarch grot, short MOT running out on the 18th of this month and it's because i can't afford to put it through it's MOT neither the frankly insane insurance on it, becuase i live in a less than salubrious area.

Engine a bit tappety if you can live with it, but as a sweetener new discs and pads put on last Autumn.

£125 or thereabouts is what i'm after...open to offers as obviously i need it gone and i thought it would be worth a go here as it's a great shiters' tool. Likewise if you have something small and cheap to insure and willing to take this as P/X fodder then i am open to discussion on that as well.

Car is in the fine metropolis of Milton Keynes...

Photies:

post-5937-0-61471500-1488892938_thumb.jpg

post-5937-0-76522500-1488892966_thumb.jpg

post-5937-0-91589100-1488892986_thumb.jpg

post-5937-0-71661200-1488893016_thumb.jpg

post-5937-0-36476500-1488893038_thumb.jpg

post-5937-0-93594400-1488893171_thumb.jpg

A fine Chariot of shite for someone hopefully!

Oddly, the insurance on my old Favorit was insane and I live in a peaceful hamlet of Cornwall, think it's something of the breed!

GLWTS

Thanks :-D it's this bloody estate for some reason...nearly 20 years of driving with max no claims and i've never had insurance so expensive... :?

That's got some life left in it yet, my red fading to pink 1.3 MPI was over 135000miles and still on the original clutch but the extensive lacy underfloor ventilation in place of rear suspension mountings was it's downfall.   Has yours any obviously impending disasters or should I just book a choo choo  ticket to MK?

post-7239-0-67857900-1488898364_thumb.jpg

Tappety engine is standard - its a chain too so never going to cause a problem. 

Hopefully, it'll see through another MOT.

No kidding - I bought a Felicia last April (combination fault of a Favorit thread here and being mercilessly tight-fisted) and spent the first month or so convinced that the engine was going to depart its box and go for a walk! Turns out they just like a bit of a buzz as it's been well-behaved* the whole time! It does grow on you, somehow.

*well, the radio caught fire

The last car I purchased from Milton Keynes had a FTP on the test drive, the AA couldn't fix it and I had to pay £150 to get home on the train.

Ahmmm ooooooooot!

And you would have had to experience the "joys" of MK train station? (that is unless you used the more civilized Bletchley) i feel your despair...god knows how someone managed to pass it off as the HQ of the United Nations in Superman 3 :shock:

The sunroof, wheel trims, rubbing strips and rev counter put it above L spec. Quite unusual. Tappety engine is standard - its a chain too so never going to cause a problem. 

Hopefully, it'll see through another MOT.

I think it would Norman, it's been looked after at some point in it's life, and is a long way from it's original Cornwall home...i suspect someone's retirement prezzie in the land of the pasty many years ago, but age and change of owners has dragged it down a bit...they're getting rare now and this needs a good home, it deserves a good home in fact which i just can't give it...i've paid nearly twice what i paid for it in insurance and i can't keep on doing that or else i probably would be MOT-ing it myself :-(

That's got some life left in it yet, my red fading to pink 1.3 MPI was over 135000miles and still on the original clutch but the extensive lacy underfloor ventilation in place of rear suspension mountings was it's downfall.   Has yours any obviously impending disasters or should I just book a choo choo  ticket to MK?

attachicon.gifskoda.jpg

Tappets...and rear brakes may need attention as brakes not that bite-y even with new discs/pads but handbrake fine, clutch smooth and positve, gearchange good. Slight clonk on tight turns sometimes but on the whole it feels very well "together"...in fact i've owned three Felicia's and this is the best...i had a dog of a 1.9 Diesel one last year, and this one is like chalk and cheese...a good usable shed.

These are glorious chariot s and have the full TTT logistics seal of approval.

If I was in the market for a commodious, versatile small hatchback with a peach of an engine and endearingly comedic handling coupled to a heater doing a fair impression of a blast furnace, I'd be on this like a tramp on chips!

Good luck with the sale

And you would have had to experience the "joys" of MK train station? (that is unless you used the more civilized Bletchley) i feel your despair...god knows how someone managed to pass it off as the HQ of the United Nations in Superman 3 :shock:

I used to travel through MK station a lot some years ago. Somebody had scratched LEGOLAND SHITHOLE onto one of the station signs. Nobody saw fit to change this for a number of years.

I used to travel through MK station a lot some years ago. Somebody had scratched LEGOLAND SHITHOLE onto one of the station signs. Nobody saw fit to change this for a number of years.

That's because they're bang on the money IMHO...its a very strange place...a look of "new money" hammered over a huge homelessness problem, bleak crumbling estates and so on. Locals are nice though in it's defence! :-D

These are glorious chariot s and have the full TTT logistics seal of approval.

If I was in the market for a commodious, versatile small hatchback with a peach of an engine and endearingly comedic handling coupled to a heater doing a fair impression of a blast furnace, I'd be on this like a tramp on chips!

Good luck with the sale

Your'e right...the heaters in these are STRONG... :shock:

Yo Dude, if I bung you £29 for yer local Halfords Milton Keynes Auto(shite)Centre MOT and the fail is not to much welding then there's my offer is £74-26p ?     Though I will then need to drive another Skoda rustybucket RHD to Foreignland.

PM'd you...

In 2002 I was travelling down the M5 in the Stellar, for a job interview the next day. I hit a huge puddle, soaked the electrics causing the engine to cut out. The unburnt fuel drawn through into the exhaust ignited, and blew the silencer apart. Not wishing to draw attention to myself for the interview, I took advantage of the loan car option on my RAC cover, which turned out to be a T reg red Felica!

By far the most modern thing I'd driven, I was quite impressed by it. Less impressed when I managed to leave the keys locked in it later that night - but (worryingly if I was an owner) easily broken into with no damage whatsoever.

(Still tappy with less than 30k miles on the clock though!)

When I bought mine, the seller said 'has VW engine' even though it had Skoda cast into it. And he advertised it as a 'Skida Fellatio'.

I remember the heater was HOT in these.

Thermostat housing breaks, speedo stops working, and pushrod engine (if it's 1.3) needs valve clearances doing a lot, but they're phenomenally reliable. Rear seats come out completely, loads of space in the back.

When I bought mine, the seller said 'has VW engine' even though it had Skoda cast into it. And he advertised it as a 'Skida Fellatio'.

I remember the heater was HOT in these.

Thermostat housing breaks, speedo stops working, and pushrod engine (if it's 1.3) needs valve clearances doing a lot, but they're phenomenally reliable. Rear seats come out completely, loads of space in the back.

I've ran mine for several years without checking the valve clearances, so although, advisable, not a desperate requirement. 

With standard suspension if you're mudflaps aren't scraping the tarmac then you're not cornering hard enough!  :-D

Here's a piccy of pmol - my go-to-motor for the last couple of years. Slow as hell but dependable as anything. You can leave it for weeks in end, jump in and drive to the other end of the country without complaint. I've been on holiday in it, hauled parts in it, greenlaned (mildly) in it - it's brilliant. Now needs welding... 

I've also fitted some firmer GAZ shocks which do improve the handling above standard. 

14199622_10157481621865145_5831747899514

Here's a piccy of pmol - my go-to-motor for the last couple of years. Slow as hell but dependable as anything. You can leave it for weeks in end, jump in and drive to the other end of the country without complaint. I've been on holiday in it, hauled parts in it, greenlaned (mildly) in it - it's brilliant. Now needs welding... 

I've also fitted some firmer GAZ shocks which do improve the handling above standard. 

14199622_10157481621865145_5831747899514

You really recommend the GAZ set up? Standard replacement parts or what?