FOR SALE - Rover 75 £400. Giffertastic.

Ditchfinder General

As you might have seen on another thread, I bought this a month or so and after 300 or so miles I've realised i'm really not getting on with it. Don't get me wrong I love Rover 75s as much as the next man but I think its the colour. Plus this one needs a little bit more attention than i'm comfortable with (probably as a result of not viewing it before I bought it on Ebay!) and I'm really shit at spannering.

I'm going to be completely honest about it and it'll probably put everyone off but I'd rather be straight with everyone.

It's a 2.5 V6 badermatic Club SE in moonstone green with charcoal velour seats. It is lavishly appointed with dual zone temperature control (air con isn't cold), multi function steering wheel (doesn't work), power mirrors (doesn't work) and cruise control (actually does work!).

MOT until June 5th.

The bad points:

It needs a service. Feels a bit sluggish so it could do with a good going over.

It needs attention to the front suspension (MOT history throws up an advisory for track rod end so it's probably that).

As a result of the above it tends to wander a bit.

Interior is average, and it's obviously been smoked in before. The ashtray doesn't stay shut.

There is a small water leak in the boot. I fixed the major one but there's still a bit getting in.

Good points:

It's only done 62,000 miles

Service history up to 2009(!)

Bodywork wise it's actually really presentable.

It drives well, goes up and down the gears as it should.

MOT history is good, no advisories for rot anywhere.

It has a towbar (GR8 4 touch parking)

Location is Oakham, Rutland although I can pick you up from somewhere more civilised like the stations at Peterborough, Nottingham, Grantham, Leicester, Loughborough etc. I could possibly deliver it within reason for the cost of fuel and the train fare home.

Price - £400. I thought there might be some interest on it here so I've put it on here before I brave Gumtree. Wish me luck.

Possible roffle, although I would really rather sell it normally. I would potentially be interested in a swap or P/X though

Soz for the shit pics, my phone camera had some dust on it I think. It will be cleaned inside and out ready for collection.

post-19587-0-78797500-1488743615_thumb.jpg

post-19587-0-19473200-1488743616_thumb.jpg

post-19587-0-52554300-1488743616_thumb.jpg

I recently bought a tourer for £650, and have just paid £100 for a towbar, so it doesn't seem expensive.

At the moment mine is fine, but at the first sign of trouble its usually cheaper to buy a fresh car than repair them.

So at the moment GLWS.

I'd have a couple of numbers though.

• 2 weeks later...