HELP with collection in Leeds (NOW sorted). I have done a stupid. MGF kettle kontent. NOW with bullet dodging - deal's off!

Guest Breadvan72

Guest Breadvan72

Oh, bollocks.  I just won an MGF for 703 quid.  Because Sunday, because stupid.  

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222426960267?_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The seller is moving house and needs to have the car collected by 8 March, which is the coming Wednesday.  I cannot get to Leeds before the week after next. Is there any shiter in the Leeds area who would be willing to collect this car and maybe park it up at or near their gaff until I can get up to grab it?  Expenses would be paid, and beer etc offered.  Banter and insults included gratis.

If I insure the car, sort out tax and so on, then a shiter who is insured to drive other people's cars will be legal to drive this on their own insurance.

HELPZ PLIZ!

EDIT EDIT EDIT - collection plan now planned.  Thanks to all who offered help.

MOAR EDIT: Saved by djimbob, buyage binned.  Deets on page 2.

Guest Breadvan72

If anyone wants to suggest an absurdly complex relay/Shiteley plan, I am up for that too, as long as it involves the car going via Scotland and/or Cornwall.

Guest Breadvan72

Muppet I am.  Kermit's dad n' all.  Waldorf and Statler are on my case, as they should be.

I am trying to find out where in Leeds the car is.  The seller has not yet replied to my email.

StatlerandWaldorf(2).JPG

Appearances can be deceptive of course, and non truer than when it is a K Series under the hood, BUT, that sure looks a nice motor for less than 3/4 of a bag.   No MOT hits-story chekin undertaken to change opinion.

GLWTC 

Look forward to the write up.  One day I might have the sphericals to buy a car unseen, you guys are at it all the time WCPGW

Guest Breadvan72

The shameful thing is that I went to the pub AFTER I bought this fuckah.  I really have no excuses.

Just heard from seller.  I had asked him whether gasket or timing belt done, and asked for a V5 scan before final payment if to be made elcetronically.  This not needed if cash on collection and paperwork with car checks out.  (and, yes, I know that  a V5 is not proof of ownership, but I wanted some indication that seller is a real dude).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi
I would rather have cash on collection due to Paypal charges. I am unable to scan and email a copy of the V5 as no scanner as all packed now given the move is this week.
The address is [REDACTED]
It would have to go by the 8th however as no where for it to be parked at the New House as contract for new build state no vehicle to parked on the street hence the reluctant sale.
  I've had the MG for 5 years during that time I have not had the cause to change the head gasket ot timing belt but have only done around 200 miles in the 5 yr.

Regards [PERSON]

P's I do not have a mobile but the land line is [xxxxxxxxx]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm, 200 miles in five years a bit ooh er.  No mobile?  Poss giffer?  Most people would ignore nonsensical restriction on parking car in BS house contract, but compliance with that may also indicate giffer.

I will now PM those who have offered to help collect, and thanks to all who have done so.  

Anyone want to buy this?  But I think I want at least one go in it first.  The interior looks OK.

s-l1600.jpg

Guest Breadvan72

Present thinking is that I will go and get it from whomever collects it, hide it somewhere local (eg a slurry pit), and maybe roffle it in a bit, unless I man up and come clean in the interim, but my nadgers may not survive that sort of pounding.