NEW New new new New top gear ON HOLD, RIP?

HMC

I loved the Clarkson era and was very disappointed with the last series. It felt liike they had just changed the names on the scripts and made a poor copy.  I would have prefered it to have had its own pesonality. Chris Evans took most of the blame, and indeed the shoutiness was certainly down to him, but he had little to work with. There seemed to be no chemistry between the presenters and no real idea of what they were doing.

I had low espectations for this series, but I was in this evening so thought that I might as well give it a try. The Ferrari did little for me, but the interview part felt a lot less forced than before. The challenge I quite liked.  It was a big improvement on before. Not brilliant, but a lot better. I will watch again. 

My arsehole, since I don't have two cents:

• I reckon Evans has performed a reasonable function of making this shot at TG not being the first one since Clarkson et al.  Taking the blame is a good way of putting it.
  • I quite enjoyed it, Harris is pretty good, LB is a funnyman, and Reid is becoming marginally less annoying.  I will actually watch it again, and think there's the potential to make it about cars in the future.
  • Last season, Extra Gear (which surely should be overdrive) was a better watch than the actual programme.  This episode of EG appears to have been 'look at how awesome TG was' and nothing more.  

I miss the old old old Top Gear motor show speshials.

I can't be arsed with iplayer as despite a really good connection it inevitably crashes at 3/4 of the way through a programme.

Netflix has the later Clarkson era top gear without the editing of Dave's versions.

I'm sure there was a men&motors (remember that!) prog called overdrive or am I (more) delusional than usual?

I can't be arsed with iplayer as despite a really good connection it inevitably crashes at 3/4 of the way through a programme.

Extra Gear is going to be broadcast, so no need to sign in to BBC3 streaming palava annoyance

http://www.radiotimes.com/tv-programme/e/fks8yr/top-gear-extra-gear--series-2-episode-1

Friday 12:15am  

BBC Two

Scottish contingent may have to point their aerials towards the border though

For the record, Top Gear was the one with cardigans, Lada Riva roadtests and investigations into the price of Halogen bulbs.

New Top Gear was the one with The Stig, three presenters, enjoyable films and supercars.

New New Top Gear was Chris Evans.

This therefore is New New New Top Gear.

I think the one thing we can guarantee is that everyone will have an opinion on it. Watching is optional.

I've amended the thread title to reflect the true status of this (New) new new Top Gear thing.

Didn't know it was on until I saw this thread. Gave up on the last series after I just couldn't take Evans any more, gave this one a go and was pleasantly surprised. Enjoyed the challenge and have to admit the taxi falling off bricks made me laugh. Just needs somebody to say "Oh Cock!" Now .