NEW New new new New top gear ON HOLD, RIP?

HMC

Wweeellll....I'll quite happily say I enjoyed Sabine waste a bunch of too rich twats in cars well beyond their talent level.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Not sure if that's intended as irony, but I very much doubt that all of those cars were being driven close to the limit of the helmsman's talent.

Sent from my fingers using clumsiness

Just seen this on the net and wondered if we were talking about it. Good for Ed, although it means wd is about to become very shit I imagine...

He should set up a YouTube channel and just work on cars, Rip the wd format off as much as he can but with just spannering and he will do alright I imagine!

Just skimmed through it on iplayer  -  I am really glad I didn't waste an hour on Sunday night.  Wooden, uncharismatic presenters, false jollity, insincere and plain dull.  And as some of you guys have commented already, contrived and pure plagiarism.  Oh, MLB, Fiat is not pronounced Fi-art.  

I particularly liked* how Rory Reid commented on how the 1970s were 'pretty rubbish' because we had the Triumph Dolomite Sprint.

I actually said out loud "fuuuuck off!" at that comment.

Then it was followed by that utterly farcical film where they "overtook" all those supercars in a fucking Golf GTi. Yeah, right. As others have mentioned, it was fairly obvious they were just trundling around.

Oh, MLB, Fiat is not pronounced Fi-art.  

Ah, but have you ever been to the US?

We might also enjoy the pronounciations of Jaguar, Hyundai, Panhard Levassor; amongst others.  I know I do.

Then return to Blighty loving the recent works of Wayne Cherry  8)

£70k for a bike! Fukdatshit

Last nights was bearable, I also watched episode 3 which I hadn't seen yet, deary me that interview with Tamsin whatsherface was painful. Her and MLB were on about some other show they're in, and then completely out of the blue Harris starts banging on about that Alpine which was of no relevance whatsoever

Tiny Temper came across as quite a likeable guy though

It wasn't half bad yesterday. They need to bin Stig as he's not relevant any more without May, Clarkson and Hammond.

MLB is really very good.

Harris was okay.

Reid was like a kids TV presenter.

Sabine is an irritant. They should replace her with another of the Ring taxi pilots. 'The Unsmiling German' to replace her and Stig. He says nothing, he never smiles. He is....The Sour Kraut. 

SIARPC wasn't so bad but as they probably won't attract any proper stars (Cruise, Ronnie Wood etc) it needs binning now.

The Bugatti is immense. I would absolutely love a Veyron and would buy one if I had the $$$. Why would you NOT want one? 1000 bhp!

Agree on the Bugatti, for some reason that I don't fully understand though, there is a pervasive school of thought amongst many self-proclaimed 'petrol heads' that the Bugatti is 'boring' or 'souless' or a 'one trick pony' etc.  It seems to stem from an in-built loathing of anything that is considered 'the best' and a need to root for the underdog.  So any discussion on the subject quickly descends into wanking on about the Hennessy Venom being better and faster.

Sorry, but just no, its not even playing the same game, the Veyron (and no doubt the Chiron) is an absolute masterpiece of engineering, the Venom is a hacked up exige with a sledge hammer of an engine bolted in.  As Harris rightly pointed out, it has no competition.

I was following a Veyron up the M1 - the driver was keeping it at a sensible 85-90ish, but as we got past Hemel Hempstead there's a flattish bit that then goes up a hill towards J13, where you can see a couple of miles to the horizon.

Mr Veyron saw the traffic had cleared and accelerated - genuinely, I've never seen anything move that fast. There was a guy on an R1 right behind him trying to maintain the same speed and the gap that opened up was just comical. Had to have got to 160-170mph (judging from relative speed to the people in the other lanes) and I'd estimate it took not much more than 10 seconds to do it. 

Nuts to think there was the thick end of another 100mph available.

£70k for a bike! Fukdatshit

Last nights was bearable, I also watched episode 3 which I hadn't seen yet, deary me that interview with Tamsin whatsherface was painful. Her and MLB were on about some other show they're in, and then completely out of the blue Harris starts banging on about that Alpine which was of no relevance whatsoever

Tiny Temper came across as quite a likeable guy though

It's all the carbon (frame, swingarm, wheels**, fairing) - what you end up with is a 215hp bike that weighs about 165kg wet, whereas for comparison a 2017 Honda Fireblade 1000SP2 has under 190hp and weighs 195kg dry. And it still costs £20k.

**the wheels alone are rumoured to be £10k

I was following a Veyron up the M1 - the driver was keeping it at a sensible 85-90ish, but as we got past Hemel Hempstead there's a flattish bit that then goes up a hill towards J13, where you can see a couple of miles to the horizon.

Mr Veyron saw the traffic had cleared and accelerated - genuinely, I've never seen anything move that fast. There was a guy on an R1 right behind him trying to maintain the same speed and the gap that opened up was just comical. Had to have got to 160-170mph (judging from relative speed to the people in the other lanes) and I'd estimate it took not much more than 10 seconds to do it. 

Nuts to think there was the thick end of another 100mph available.

Aye and the Veyron is not a light car by any means, just shy of 1.9 tons. Imagine what it would be like if they did a fully stripped out, light as possible all carbon fibre version.

I hadn't watched old top gear in years. It was too stupid with those 3 tits acting like tits. If I wanted to see tits in cars, I'd meet up with people from AutoShite more often ;)

Now however, Sunday night is my favourite television night. Robot wars at 7, Top Gear at 8. By 9, Im a bit pissed and will watch owt.

For a good example of how awful the old one was, watch the modern Peugeot driver bit from 2015. It was feckin awful. I'd given up watching the old one by this point but say it on Dave the other week. Unbearable. If it was a 5 minute skit, fine but they dragged the fecker on for 20 odd minutes.

Painful.

I honestly enjoyed every minute of tonights programme.