Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
For Sale

SMS (Save My Sanity). Zafira for sale

For Sale

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

• Staff
  • 32,567 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationI'm not a racist, I'm merely supporting my country! and central locking

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:22 PM

Even I've just about had enough of 'is it still for sale/how much cash tomorrow/where are you/it's too far away/I'm allergic to silver/will you deliver to the moon' brigade on social media.

So.....

2002 Zafira 2.0DTi diesel

Seven seats, 5 speed manual

MOT June, taxed to get you home*

Guessing a minimum of 125,000 miles (mileage display doesn't work, last MOT was 120,000 I think)

Snazzy* aftermarket alloys

Flipping fab on fuel

Modern(ish) cd player

In use most days, great back up to my van

A few scratches, some dents, no rear wiper arm, n/s/f indicator AWOL (monkeys, Knowsley Safari Park) and I think two middle row headrests are missing.

Yellow spanner light comes on/off, occasionally goes into limp mode. We've put a new fuel and air filter on which helped a bit, but suspect a plastic air pipe to the turbo or something is pin holed or split, as it's not as quick as it should be.

Makes no difference to me as you just get used to it, and I'd happily drive this car to the end of the world and back if I had to.

I used the new keeper's bit to tax it online so you'll have to go to Post Office to tax it or wait for V5 to come back in your name (sub 7 days now) and it'll stay taxed until you get home. 

zaff.jpg zaffa.jpg zaffb.jpg zaffc.jpg zaffd.jpg zafff.jpg zaffh.jpg zaffk.jpg zaffl.jpg zaffm.jpg zaffo.jpg zaffe.jpg

£295, Chester. It's not worth doing a lottery for it as it'll never get enough interest.

None of the following is likely to apply to any of the AS gang, but just in case:

1. I reserve the right to continue using it as a van occasionally.

2. My 'best' price is go and fuck yourself.

3. Mention the word 'cash' as often as you like, it makes no odds. I'm not going to take Greenshield fucking stamps for it, am I? 

4. Yes, it is still for sale.

5. If you haven't got the money until next weekend, ask me when you have the folding if you can buy it, not before.

• barefoot, gadgetgricey, Jazoli and 5 others like this

"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain"

#2 OFFLINE   Alexg

Alexg

• Full Members
  • 6,228 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationMaidstone Kent

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:30 PM

2. My 'best' price is go and fuck yourself.

LOLZ

• Station and AMC Rebel like this

1979 Allegro Estate S2

1985 Sinclair C5

1974 Renault 5 TL - Leboncoin special

2001 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5 V6

@alex_the_beard

#3 OFFLINE   Dave_Q

Dave_Q

• Full Members
  • 2,854 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationHuddersfield

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:35 PM

HI M7 IS DA ZAFER STILL 4 SAL?

WOTS UR BEST CASH PRICE TONIGHT CASH?

CASH?

• Cavcraft and JohnK like this

Running the Great North Run 2017 for https://www.tommys.org/ - sponsor me please!

http://uk.virginmone...om/davidquashie

2002 Citroen Berlingo Multispace HDi
2001 Alfa 156 Rotwagon

1993 Vespa PX125
Assorted pushbikes

#4 OFFLINE   brownnova

brownnova

• Full Members
  • 1,027 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationNorth Wales

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:36 PM

3. Mention the word 'cash' as often as you like, it makes no odds. I'm not going to take Greenshield fucking stamps for it, am I?

Part payment in Tesco clubcard vouchers??

1990 Mazda Eunos

​2007 Ford Ka

(and a Modern... but we don't mention that...)

#5 ONLINE   JohnK

JohnK

• Full Members
  • 1,704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:40 PM

I'm frantically copying and pasting points 1-5 for my future Gumtree ads.
  • chrisjvm, dome, UltraWomble and 4 others like this

-------------------------------------------------------

2004 '04' Seat Toledo 1.8T Sport

2002 '02' Vauxhall Omega 2.2 CD Auto
2002 '51' Vauxhall Omega 2.6 MV6 Auto

1998 'S' Vauxhall Tigra 1.4 Chequers

1995 'M' Vauxhall Astra 1.4 LS

1995 'M' Vauxhall Cavalier 1.8 GLS

1989 'G' BMW 530i SE Auto

1986 'C' BMW 728i SE Auto

1985 'C' Talbot Solara 1.6

1983 'Y' Datsun Stanza 1.6 GL
1978 'S' Ford Cortina 1.6 GL

#6 OFFLINE   UltraWomble

UltraWomble

Wombling Free since 1971

• Full Members
  • 3,846 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationGranadaLand

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:09 PM

3. Mention the word 'cash' as often as you like, it makes no odds. I'm not going to take Greenshield fucking stamps for it, am I? 

This

So very much this.

• Cavcraft likes this

The Picasso is the future Morris Minor.

15432673358_e48791f84f_t.jpg

#7 ONLINE   SiC

SiC

• Full Members
  • 2,953 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationBristol

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:23 PM

£150 cash cheque post dated 2 weeks from now?
  • Cavcraft and AMC Rebel like this
  • 2007 Honda Civic EX CTDi - The reliable runner.
  • 2005 Renault Laguna V6 Initiale - The surprising reliable runner and wolf in sheep's clothing.
  • 2004 Smart Roadster 80bhp - The fun one that is the last hurrah before kids.

#8 OFFLINE   The Reverend Bluejeans

The Reverend Bluejeans

BOLLOCKS

• Full Members
  • 4,842 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationSpouting Baseless Ad Hominem.

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:27 PM

I've got an X Box, £53 and a Best of Phil Collins CD.

DAEL 2NITE M8

• sierraman, Cavcraft and AMC Rebel like this

RED SKY AT NIGHT..............TOMORROW'S GOING TO BE BE SHITE.

MASTER RACE MOTORS.

1989 F BMW 730i. Prestigious shite.

1999 S BMW E36 318i Touring. SORNED shite.

"Oh, and the seagulls are the size of Jack Russells and about eleventy times more aggressive"

#9 ONLINE   Kiltox

Kiltox

• Full Members
  • 2,821 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:32 PM

Do you have the current full V5 for it minus the trade section? New owner can use the new keeper supplement to tax it again if you do, it doesn't check that it's been done before (assuming you taxed via direct debit and will cancel it)
  • Cavcraft likes this
2017 17 Dacia Duster 1.6 Access
1998 S VW Passat 1.9 TDI (ex Dermist)
1998 R Rover 216 Cabriolet

1996 P VW Golf 1.8 Auto (ex sporty-shite)

#10 OFFLINE   stripped fred

stripped fred

• Full Members
  • 1,661 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationLeicester

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:35 PM

I love the honesty in that advert. You know exactly where you stand! A fair price even with it's little issues.
  • eddyramrod, Cavcraft and BorniteIdentity like this
1987 Toyota MR2 mk1 1.6
1993 Vauxhall Astra 1.7D GLS Estate
2001 Peugeot 406 Estate GLX 2.0 Hdi

#11 OFFLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

• Staff
  • 32,567 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationI'm not a racist, I'm merely supporting my country! and central locking

Posted 03 March 2017 - 06:20 AM

Do you have the current full V5 for it minus the trade section? New owner can use the new keeper supplement to tax it again if you do, it doesn't check that it's been done before (assuming you taxed via direct debit and will cancel it)

Oh nice one, didn't know that, cheers. I was sort of hoping one of the morons who've been mithering me for it elsewhere would buy it so I could cancel the tax immediately then do the V5 by post.

"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain"

#12 ONLINE   shumarialto

shumarialto

• Full Members
  • 3,858 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationNear Edinburgh

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:05 AM

Bling alloys and de-wipered, Vauxhall scene  :mrgreen:

• Cavcraft likes this

#13 OFFLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

• Staff
  • 32,567 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:14 AM

Right, had a bit of a run in this today. Lethargic round town (as per) so got onto the M53 and decided to see what would happen. Pulled like a train, mostly from about 4k upwards (turbo just kicked in ,YO!? with the odd minor blip. Got some fuel, then gave it the absolute beans, back on the motorway just kept it in 3rd to edge of red line and the thing was flying along.

I then noticed the Audi behind had dropped back a bit, mostly because of the mobile smoke screen I was piloting: It was ace, you pretty much couldn't behind me at all for a bit, just black smoke filling the lanes. I now reckon the problem is probably the EGR thing.

#14 ONLINE   SiC

SiC

• Full Members
  • 2,953 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationBristol

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:47 AM

Do these have variable vane turbos? If so, maybe the actuator is sticking or even simpler, the boost pipe is split/knackard. If original to the car, then, being GM, will most certainly be perished!
  • 2005 Renault Laguna V6 Initiale - The surprising reliable runner and wolf in sheep's clothing.

#15 OFFLINE   vaughant

vaughant

• Full Members
  • 206 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:54 AM

Despite my current woes with my zafira as odd as it sounds their a very nice place to be,good driving position, comfy, fit anything in them and they actually corner ok etc. This is a megabarg m89
  • Cavcraft likes this

#16 OFFLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

• Staff
  • 32,567 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:20 AM

Do these have variable vane turbos? If so, maybe the actuator is sticking or even simpler, the boost pipe is split/knackard. If original to the car, then, being GM, will most certainly be perished!

It'll be the EGR or a pipe to the turbo or something, nothing major.

#17 ONLINE   Station

Station

• Full Members
  • 9,754 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 03 March 2017 - 02:01 PM

My brother had one of these, he towed my Astra GSi (when it destroyed it's engine) once - he'd lost the towing eye, so just looped the rope around the boot lock latch LOLZ!

• Cavcraft likes this

#18 OFFLINE   bub2006

bub2006

• Full Members
  • 6,350 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Locationderbyshire

Posted 03 March 2017 - 02:08 PM

Has it had a good booting down the bypass lately Cav? Can't see it being a turbo pipe if it's got some get up and go. Egr valve usually gets clogged. Our old scenic dci had a stuck egr and that used to splutter over 3k and throw on eml when giving it some hard ish acceleration. I ended up disconnecting it, rotating valve round and bolting the housing back but leaving solenoid connected but cable tied out the way so the ecu thought it was on and working but had no effect on the egr. Bit of cleaning in the intake too if I remember.

#19 OFFLINE   sierraman

sierraman

• Full Members
  • 4,165 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 03 March 2017 - 02:17 PM

You'll have no problem atttracting some mouth breathing idiot on Gumtree who'll turn up with his feral children to buy this. Seriously though it's £295 you can't go wrong, you'll get £60 back on it when/if it blows up.

#20 OFFLINE   The Reverend Bluejeans

The Reverend Bluejeans

BOLLOCKS

• Full Members
  • 4,842 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 03 March 2017 - 02:40 PM

Too cheap? Advertise something for £295 and you'll just attract mouth breathing subhuman scumfucks. I think Aylesbury has the largest concentration of Zafiras in the UK.

------£595------

"Will yu tek four for it pal?"

"Get your money out".

• Dave_Q and Brodders like this

MASTER RACE MOTORS.

"Oh, and the seagulls are the size of Jack Russells and about eleventy times more aggressive"

#21 OFFLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

• Staff
  • 32,567 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:06 PM

To counteract the fact I hoovered/cleaned it out the other week, I did a tip run for someone in it today. It now stinks again, but on the plus side I had a minor wrong skip roulette result when I got bollocked for putting rubble in 'wood only' and when Skiptor Meldrew moaned about it, I let him walk off and chucked a load of chipboard in there. For some reason that's the one that sets off him off the most, and when you say 'it's all wood, what's the big deal' he goes right off on one and I award myself double points for just shutting the door and driving off whilst he's mid rant. 

• The Reverend Bluejeans, sporty-shite, Dave_Q and 1 other like this

#22 OFFLINE   sierraman

sierraman

• Full Members
  • 4,165 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:15 PM

'Can u hold it m8 till next munf wen I get sum muney?'

I don't know about you but I go looking for a car with money in my hand. If £295 is a struggle to find I'd suggest owning a car isn't for you. I mean what do they do when it wants an MOT or tyres or taxing? Wait until they've some money on the hip while driving it round? You can't go off like that.

#23 OFFLINE   The Reverend Bluejeans

The Reverend Bluejeans

BOLLOCKS

• Full Members
  • 4,842 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 03 March 2017 - 04:43 PM

I mean what do they do when it wants an MOT or tyres or taxing?

bold tyers and no tax m8

• Cavcraft likes this

MASTER RACE MOTORS.

#24 OFFLINE   sporty-shite

sporty-shite

Knobjockey

• Full Members
  • 2,520 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationOver here

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:32 PM

Lolz at Skiptor Meldrew.

I'm tempted to agree with REV_JEANS in that it's a bit cheap. I'd be tempted to invest in an Eastern European clean up and advertise it as a good runner now you've given it a run.

Just my 2p.

some potato headed fanny faced shitberg of a cunt in a silver hatchback

#25 OFFLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

• Staff
  • 32,567 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:51 PM

Took the EGR off, checked on the net, didn't seem a hard job and it wasn't. Anyhow, it was clogged up to merry hell, even took some effort to get it out...

IMG_0925.JPG

The plunger thing either didn't work at all, or was so coked up it only became properly free after a decent clean. I chucked a lot of C&C cleaner in, then 'plungered' it back out until it started looking a bit clearer. Now it's been cleaned a lot better...

IMG_0926.JPG

The hole in went in was equally disgusting, so cleaned as best as I could. I'd also moved the little seal to clean underneath it, hoping it's ok now.
Initial test drive was good, it pulled superbly from the off in first, something it hadn't done at all since I've had it. Yesterday's blast up the motorway had made it better anyway, but since cleaning the EGR it's definitely better, but the spanner light does still come on from time to time and it reverts to limp mode. I'm going to lob some fuel in it tomorrow and give the lasting of a lifetime on the motorway, if anything's holding it back now it's probably all the shit in the inlet manifold.
  • DeeJay likes this

#26 ONLINE   SiC

SiC

• Full Members
  • 2,953 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationBristol

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:47 PM

Given you're such a Vauxhall sniffer, I'm always surprised you have never got an op-com.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: For Sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users