1985 Ford Granada mk2 estate. Sold and collected.

danthecapriman

Guest Breadvan72

It was cheap, and still is, although not quite as cheap as might at first appear; but: L'Oreal.

Skizzer may now be having first dibs at explaining to his wife about this.  That gives me another week or so to get my story straight.

Here is a picture of Skizzer appearing before the Frau Skizzer-appointed Commission of Inquiry sometime next week -

whendidyoulastsee.jpg

Well, I'm disappointed to not be part of this caper.  The Sierra (which was a year ago on April 1st) was one of the most memorable days of all time.  I will certainly remember it to the end.

*knocking on random doors to find the owner

*getting onto the north circular remembering i'd not insured it

*having to get to Milton Keynes in it without fail within 90 minutes otherwise I'd have categorically been fired

*being too ashamed to drive it home as my Mother in Law was baby sitting

I hope that it brings much joy to the new ownership team.  

If shares become available at a later date, I would certainly be interested.

Guest Breadvan72

There is a brown Granada Chasseur for sale on the tat thread.  It's about eleventy kabillion quid, and has some minor snags such as no engine and so forth, but it does have bespoke matching luggage.  I am pissed off that the blue Granada does not have this, but may have come up with a solution:

4919989-Blue-empty-plastic-bag-isolated-

Guest Breadvan72

A plan is being formulated that will involve collectioneering via a Rover 2600 SE with a slightly questionable head gasket and a busted oil pressure gauge, and two blokes in suits.  It is not yet clear whether the Rover will end up towing the Ford, or vice versa, or if each will be towing the other.

PS: busted oil pressure gauge would not save us even if working, as it only shows pressure near the bottom of the engine, and the top end can be still be be oil-starved and not tell you about this until it explodes.  When I get the head gasket done, I hope to find out that a sensible bloke working on the line at Cowley refused to fit the engine-destroying 10p widget that leads to the camshaft auto-welding. This was a known unofficial production line mod, but may have depended on who was bossing the line on any given day.  If not that, maybe whomever last had the head off whipped the stupid component out, as a sensible person would do, but we shall see.

A plan is being formulated that will involve collectioneering via a Rover 2600 SE with a slightly questionable head gasket and a busted oil pressure gauge, and two blokes in suits.  It is not yet clear whether the Rover will end up towing the Ford, or vice versa, or if each will be towing the other.

PS: busted oil pressure gauge would not save us even if working, as it only shows pressure near the bottom of the engine, and the top end can be still be be oil-starved and not tell you about this until it explodes.  When I get the head gasket done, I hope to find out that a sensible bloke working on the line at Cowley refused to fit the engine-destroying 10p widget that leads to the camshaft auto-welding. This was a known unofficial production line mod, but may have depended on who was bossing the line on any given day.  If not that, maybe whomever last had the head off whipped the stupid component out, as a sensible person would do, but we shall see.

What's the collection route?  I'd love to give you a wave/buy y'all a good luck Ginstersâ„¢ if possible...

Apols to all who R disappoints.  Whatever happens, the car is staying in Shiteworld.  It may be that in due course some others who wanted a go will get a go, but the main thing is that the car is saved from ovalling, mattblacking, scening, flipping, and (probably) restoring.  Frankly, I think it looks super-awesome just as it is.  

Hopefully comedic collection thread still at conceptual stage, but hang on in there.

We need to try and make sure that the Sierrabase and the Grenader make appearances at Shitefest 2K17.

If it was mine I'd drive it around everywhere with the rear seats down and a ladder permanently in the load area.

Tsk, it has a chromed roof rack for the ladders. Boot is for bags of plaster, a giant splattery bucket and a drill with a paint whisk on it.

I'm very excited about this. I've also just realised it's a Ghia X, not just an ordinary Ghia. Levels of luxury previously undreamed of.

Collection will be on Friday afternoon. Three more sleeps.

Would be lovely to see you Mr Identity, but I can't help thinking if we pass Cambs/Northants on the way from the Middle Temple to the Hampshire Downs then Breadvan's driving or my navigating will have plumbed new depths.

Ha! I'll be around the M25, and would skirt around to see you. But no drama. Enjoy Friday, everyone knows that it's the best day for collecting old heaps.

Rover will fit in boot of granada.

Guest Breadvan72

Granada collection is happening today.  Shall we narrate the caper on this thread, wait for Skizzer to start a thread, or shall I start one?  My jokes will be equally shit wherever I put them.

First step: get up early, check the SD1, hurl tools, oil, water and so on into boot, and launch into that London for some morning work meetings.  Skizzer is also in meetings, but hopes to rock up at my Chambers by about 1230.

Photo taken at 0600 Harry Sparrows AM -

post-5528-0-83527800-1489143377_thumb.jpg