1985 Ford Granada mk2 estate. Sold and collected.

danthecapriman

Guest Breadvan72

Is borked (see first post of Saab collectionage thread), so you can have it for 50p.

(terms and conditions may apply)

EDIT: now unborked.  Price hike to £2.50

Is borked (see first post of Saab collectionage thread), so you can have it for 50p.

(terms and conditions may apply)

What like?

Plus 48 payments of £4658236556 plus final balloon payment of £7696797 ??

I cud buy new Pergote/renno/nissan for that.

I thought i explained it on facebook? I agreed to buy it but I'd have to sell the Rover to get it how I'd want it with the bodywork that needs doing (i'm too fussy for my own good) and i don't want to over stretch myself at the moment, plus since having my Astra be stolen I'm worried about having anything like this incase it happens again, it sounds daft but I'm getting paranoid over it all. The trouble is I'll never get the opportunity to buy a Granada as cheap as this again so i feel a bit sad about it all really.

Ah. The FB page of much enigma. Spoken of, but never welcoming newer guests!

I feel Trig's frustration. Sometimes it's better if you just don't see stuff like this for sale.

I'm not sure what the SP is on the Granada now, but it might be that nobody's ACTUALLY bought it yet.

Whoever buys this needs to be very careful about where they park it. Fit a tracker, too.

This is the big downside to Ford ownership, i would love to add it to my collection athough i want to sell one car and go down to 3 so buying this is out for me.

Owning a Ford seems to be just hassle as they are the most stolen classics, my Princess and Vauxhall have never attracted any unwanted attention.

Its also nice to see a Ford without the underneath pollishised to within an inch of its life, illuminated with an led light and a strategic mirror placed for us all to admire what a sad life the owner must have.

Guest Breadvan72

I thought i explained it on facebook? I agreed to buy it but I'd have to sell the Rover to get it how I'd want it with the bodywork that needs doing (i'm too fussy for my own good) and i don't want to over stretch myself at the moment, plus since having my Astra be stolen I'm worried about having anything like this incase it happens again, it sounds daft but I'm getting paranoid over it all. The trouble is I'll never get the opportunity to buy a Granada as cheap as this again so i feel a bit sad about it all really.

I expressed myself badly.  I thought that Dan had taken the car off the market.

Ok gents, here's the deal. Sorry I've not explained myself better but had a lot of worry over the last few days.

I think I will have to sell this car, as much as I don't want to.

Ive just got to sort something out early next week regarding the underlying problem. Although I'm 99% sure it's not going to change the fact that I'll have to let this one go. As of yet, nobody has actually bought it.

I'm pretty pissed off about losing this tbh but I do need to thin down my fleet a bit and cut costs.

The car is very similar really to the base Sierra, it's managed to go its whole life just being run and fixed as it goes, leaving it looking very much like a relic of how cars were in the 80's and 90's. A lot of things are really good about this car, yet the less important stuff (like the paint!) have just been left or patched up just to keep the thing weatherproof.

In an ideal world it'd go to someone who's going to like that and keep it much as it is, just like the base Sierra. That was my plan anyway!

Here's a few more pics for now.

IMG_0413_zps1sqzopcq.jpg

IMG_0415_zpsk9znuqgi.jpg

IMG_0416_zpsghkusszv.jpg

IMG_0417_zpscuzj4qga.jpg

IMG_0419_zpsqvvoli7t.jpg

The cars been undercover for a while, but I had it out yesterday, it's running spot on still and there's very little wrong in that respect. I've also found a load of odd bits and pieces and parts for it which are now in the boot ready for the next owner.

Guest Breadvan72

You could, if you wished to sell to a shiter for a modest amount, make an agreement that if the purchaser wants to sell the car, he must either (1) give you first refusal on buying it back, or (2) offer it on AS before putting it on sale elsewhere.  This could help if you were worried that someone here would buy it and flip it for a profit rather than cherishing it for the fine shite that it is.

That could lead to all sorts of issues and bad blood, what if the new owner spends a grand on it? Then how much is it worth?

In my mind there is one way and one way only to decide a price, if you are happy with the cash in your pocket at the end of the day then it was a good price. You have no control over a car once sold so why sweat it. Only the seller can decide what that price is.

I would LOVE to have this car and have turned my brain over because of it but just cannot workout how I could store it at the moment as I am in the same place as the OP sadly in having to slim down my collection. My Dolomite went to a trusted shiter last week, I am sure if I had risked gumtree morons or eBay tossers I could have made £250-500 more but to me it is more important to have a hassle free sale and for it to be in the hands of an enthusiast. If the new owner makes a profit on it, good luck to him (I don't think for a second it was bought to sell on though, it is in the hands of a proper enthusiast).

Quite frankly I`m amazed/shocked/disappointed that no ones bitten your arm off yet. If I had the dosh/room continuum right I`d have had it to respray & sell on with eleventy billion % Ford tax, but I`ve already bitten off more than I can chew, & being in that there London I cant afford any more £70 a month lockups to store shite-with-big-idea-projects for years on end any more..

If only `d invested in property instead of autoshite, Ripspeed tat & blank VHS tapes to record The Hitman & Her every Sunday morning when I was a yoof..

GLWTS etc

I hope someone buys this soon, I whinged about it so much to Mrs N yesterday, eventually she said ' Why don't you just buy the fucking thing and shut up' Mind you, she doesn't know I've got 2 horses in tonight's P38 Handicap.

Trouble is any spare cash I've got really should be spent on her 50th birthday present next week......

Guest Breadvan72

There is a John Dowland Song called "Fine knacks for ladies".  It's one of his few cheerful songs, as he was mostly a bit of a miserablist.     If you value your sanity, do not on any account listen to Sting's version of this song.

"Fine old V8 knackers for ladies" works just as well, and the first verse is pretty spot on -

Fine knacks for ladies, cheap, choice, brave and new!

Good pennyworths - but money cannot prove.

I keep a fair but for the fair to view.

A beggar may be liberal of love.

Though all my wares be trash, the heart is true,

The heart is true.

Guest Breadvan72

That could lead to all sorts of issues and bad blood, what if the new owner spends a grand on it? Then how much is it worth?

Not if the deal is clear.  If the parties can't agree on a price for a buy back or whatevs, then the car can be punted on elsewhere.  Also, although us lot may be a bunch of scruffs, and chiselling mingebaggers in some regards, we seem to be a generally honourable crew who wouldn't try to stiff one another.  OK, I would always try to stiff Cav, but that's just because.

Not if the deal is clear.  If the parties can't agree on a price for a buy back or whatevs, then the car can be punted on elsewhere.  Also, although us lot may be a bunch of scruffs, and chiselling mingebaggers in some regards, we seem to be a generally honourable crew who wouldn't try to stiff one another.  OK, I would always try to stiff Cav, but that's just because.

I know what you are saying but it's surprising how these sorts of things ending up causing hassle, far better for it to be clear and sorted. Everyone I have met on here has been brilliant and it's the only place I would ever buy a car blind off (well from most people on here anyway) but I have seen best mates fall out over this sort of thing in the past so casual acquaintances from a forum could easily go the same way.