1985 Ford Granada mk2 estate. Sold and collected.

danthecapriman

What kind of a dog is it?

He's a cocker spaniel, and good at it. Here he is on a Granada outing a couple of weeks ago - note use of dust sheet and dog carrier to avoid dog hairs and paw prints inside vehicle.

post-4091-0-14416900-1491861144_thumb.jpg

I can get rid of the dog.

Keith is alarmed at talk of 'getting rid of the dog'.

post-4091-0-24439300-1491860974_thumb.jpg

Guest Breadvan72

An estate car this old will very probably have had numerous dogs in it during its life. If you really have an issue with dog hairs, then maybe avoid all old estate cars, or get Beko to zap the car with one of his rocket powered hoovers. 

Guest Breadvan72

PS:  DogBV has met Dogskizzer and can confirm that DogSkizzer is OK.  BTW, DogBV is not really DogBV.  She is Dog-ex-MrsBV.  Or should I say that she is Bitch-ex-Mrs BV? Maybe not, because misconstructions. 

The dog or bitch in question is called Charlie and she spends way too much time living at my place, as part of a plan that I was never consulted on (see also: which amazingly expensive school DaughterBV goes to, whether DaughterBV needs Harley Street private dentist braces on her teeth, whether DaughterBV suddenly disappears off skiing with her mum in a week in which she was supposed to be with me, and so and so forth, forever) .   Charlie the dog has been in the Granny once and seemed to think it was OK, but didn't seem that bothered.

post-4091-0-95094600-1492451523_thumb.jpg

Shedneighbour Bob loves the Granada. He used to have a pre-facelift mk2 Ghia 2.8 carb saloon and has always regretted selling it. Bob says lacquer is for sissies.

Bob has several fine vehicles including a brilliant saltflat racer Packard rat rod, a 1946 Chevrolet cabover, a not-quite-derelict early Airstream, a mk1 Cavalier and a tatty but mechanically sorted 1965 Fiat 500 as his daily driver.

I may get 'Lacquer is for Sissies' made into a window sticker.

I think dog ownership was almost compulsory for Granny Estate owners.post-17414-0-90561400-1492459896_thumb.jpeg

The solution for normal people would be a leather interior, but luckily for JM the only person to get hide in a facelift estate was the Queen and that was via Newport Pagnel.

No, the simple answer is find a scrap Consul estate and liberate the vinyl trim, luckily the interiors of all Consuls and Granadas from 72 until 85 are interchangeable

post-17414-0-61506800-1492460108_thumb.jpeg

Why does the font on the advert granny look odd?

It's been added on afterwards, probably using Letraset (if anyone else remembers such things). Most likely the photographed car was on a S plate and they wanted to update it; another favourite was LHD cars with the image reversed to make them RHD, but I don't think that's the case here because the Ford badge doesn't look retouched and the house looks English.

It needs something like this..post-9282-0-70491100-1492792387_thumb.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222476280916

A ford one of that era I imagine would require much scene tax so obviously it means you will have to listen to the the top 40 circa 1983 and record some cassettes and hopefully hit the pause button just before Mike Read opens his mouth telling you the countdown for this weeks top 40.

This one looks lovely except for the price.

post-9282-0-38711400-1492793276_thumb.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282429774829

But I guess it's worth it if it's as new and I suppose you would pay that for a MP3 iPod player thingy anyway.

Guest Breadvan72

What I'm even more allergic to than dogs is that radio:

34034456181_2f2634b50b_b.jpg

This requires immediate replacement with a square hole puking wires.

Does any of you country folks have a 12 gauge?

Let's have some fun.

I do have a crossbow.  I mean a real one.  Recurve, too.  Will that do it?   Maybe put a small explosive item (eg a Lucas bulb) on the end of the bolt and then launch in direction of radio.

Guest Breadvan72

Let's have some fun.

It could be worse.  Have you seen the one in my Dolomite?  Fuck.

Let's have some fun.

That radio is somewhat shit! When I bought the car it had a smashed to fuck cassette player (not original and hideous) so I had this spare and lobbed it in. It's shit but it works.

Long term plan was to get a Ford original, I just never did.