1985 Ford Granada mk2 estate. Sold and collected.

danthecapriman

I've decided to have a go selling my mk2 Granada. I really would prefer to keep it tbh but other things are rapidly eating vast sums of my money at the moment so I could do with thinning my fleet out a bit.

So, it's a 1985 C reg mk2 2.8 Ghia X estate. Mot'd until 14 July 2017 and tax to get you home. Comes in the delightful shade of Mineral blue metallic with blue velour interior.

I've got a log book and it comes with a big wedge of paperwork/receipts etc.

The good:

MOT'd and tax so you can drive it home and use it immediately.

Starts, drives and stops and does all that well too.

Regularly serviced and looked after.

Interior is blue velour, it's clean and tidy.

It's complete and had loads done to it over the last few years including:

Set 4 new tyres, all Pirelli branded and as good as new.

Auto box shifts perfectly and has had a full oil and filter change within the last 500 or so miles.

Brakes are all good, new recon front callipers and pads last year. Rear shoes and cylinders the year before.

New bonnet last year, the original was rusted and has been replaced with a used rust free replacement.

Rusty front inner wings have all been repaired aswell as various other areas with a new front wing fitted. Windscreen surround has also been treated for rust, rust was all cut away and replaced by new metal.

I removed both rear driveshafts and replaced all CV boots and grease about 1000 miles ago.

Both front shocks are fairy recently changed.

Comes with some spares and bits & pieces.

+ loads of other stuffs been done over the last few years.

The not so good:

The paint is poor! It's all waterproof and painted but has had lots of touch ups and paint repairs over the years, the bonnet and wing have been sprayed by aerosol. By no means perfect but it's the right colour all over and weatherproof. The lacquer is peeling badly on the roof.

Some rust on both rear arches, it's not an issue yet but might need something doing with them in the next few years depending. I have a pair of saloon arches to go with the car but these are only suitable for half of the arch on an estate.

Various dents and marks all around the car. It's not beaten to hell but it is showing it's age now!

Underneath is generally good, but there are a few areas of surface rust, nothing MOTable though.

Bumpers are a bit rusty.

Electric windows are sticky and slow, I've had them all working well but I think the widows rubbers being old and dry are stopping the glass sliding properly.

One of the front wheels loses pressure over time, no punctures but it's either the valve or tyre bead that's not sealing very well. I've been pumping it up every few months.

Air con not working!

Overall, it's a good driver and I've had it since 2008 and not really had much to worry about with it.

It's got the 2.8 Cologne V6 with a carb and it drives perfectly well, it's actually surprisingly quick for what it is!

The body is pretty solid but it's not much of a looker if I'm honest. I quite like it how it is, but it's a good car to use and improve at the same time, or if you wanted to it's a good base for a full restoration type job or of course leave it as it is to piss off your neighbours/family/other roadusers!

I'm confident it'll drive back anywhere with no trouble.

The cars located in Waterlooville, Hampshire just off the A3 (not far from Portsmouth).

I'm after £850 ONO for this fine steed. I'll get some pics up in a min and some more recent ones this weekend if needed although the cars not changed much anyway!

If interested PM me or leave a post and I'll get back as soon as I can.

Well, let's just say I'm a bit of a closet Granada botherer and I've never come across a runner for anywhere near that. On eBay they tend to fetch £2-2.5k for a driver in shabby condition up to £4K for a really tidy one.

Less than a grand is generally banger racing spec only.

Up to you whether you want to chance the eBay lottery of time wasters, but I'd probably chance it on there or one of the Mk2 FB groups.

Guest Breadvan72

Yerp, put it on eBay and you'd probably pick up more cash, if you can stand dealing with the pillocks.

850 seems way cheap for this car (although we all tend to say that about all cars up for sale on here).  Junkman surely ought to be on this extra doubleplusgood super quick.  He likes Teutonically-engined autoFords, doesn't he?

Guest Breadvan72

Yeah, but I'm off to that Oirelant next week. And the week after. And the week after...

No excuse.  Buy now before Dan changes his mind on the price. Dan, ignore what I said above. The car is a munter, and actually only worth a tenner.

JM, I might be persuaded to assist re collectionage and temporary storage pending your Leprechaun-bothering escapades.