Mr_SPudz ASTONISHING SHITE SPOT

Mr_Bo11ox

Much as The Cardinal has been, that 'Tina needs saving. It seems a crying shame for it to have got this far, and then just to be left to sink into the ground.

On an aside, I'm surprised the tarmac crew haven't done a 'clean up' of the contents of the field, if the photos have been plastered all over social media :/

Much as The Cardinal has been, that 'Tina needs saving. It seems a crying shame for it to have got this far, and then just to be left to sink into the ground.

On an aside, I'm surprised the tarmac crew haven't done a 'clean up' of the contents of the field, if the photos have been plastered all over social media :/

The difference is that the Buttery Biscuit Base is both seriously rare, and also amazingly solid. Sure it needed some welding, but it was very original and hadn't been too got at.

This Cortina estate? Sadly it looks to be a patchwork quilt underneath (to the extent that the rear end has sagged and the rear door shuts have closed up) and it's full of filler. Oh, and it's nowhere near as rare as a grey grille MK1 Sierra.

I wouldn't bother with it, and I'm perfectly willing to weld up plenty of cars that other people wouldn't bother with. When the rear end has collapsed to that extent, it's genuinely not worth fixing on a normal MK5 estate. Hats off to anyone willing to have a go, but I genuinely don't think you'll find anyone to take it on for restoration.

The difference is that the Buttery Biscuit Base is both seriously rare, and also amazingly solid. Sure it needed some welding, but it was very original and hadn't been too got at.

This Cortina estate? Sadly it looks to be a patchwork quilt underneath (to the extent that the rear end has sagged and the rear door shuts have closed up) and it's full of filler. Oh, and it's nowhere near as rare as a grey grille MK1 Sierra.

I wouldn't bother with it, and I'm perfectly willing to weld up plenty of cars that other people wouldn't bother with. When the rear end has collapsed to that extent, it's genuinely not worth fixing on a normal MK5 estate. Hats off to anyone willing to have a go, but I genuinely don't think you'll find anyone to take it on for restoration.

It doesn't need restoring. At all.

It needs the bare minimum doing to it to make it road legal, followed by being proudly paraded around car shows as a 'warts an' all' survivor.

there is zero percent chance that he will sell.

Especially in a few years when it becomes worth £££££££££££ because OSF YO and MOT exempt, and he KNOWS WAT THESE ARE WURF.

While it's remarkable that it has survived this long, it will have patches upon patches four or five deep and pounds of structural wob on board. The kindest thing that can be done for it now is to allow it to sink gently into that field and provide a home for the cats etc.

You wouldn't want to banger race it. A normal Cortina folds up like an accordian let alone this Isopon infested article. Still I'd like to see it returned to the road, in fact I'd sooner see it crushed that go to some bum with a beavertail and a boring eBay ad about it being owned by his aunt and him 'knowing what it's worth'.

Jusging by the fact several of the panels have been removed, I can't see that there are any plans to return it to the road sadly.

The Mot History really is fascinating though. makes you wonder if any welding was carried out after a failure or if simply more layers of underseal and newspaper were added?

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm disappointed by how good the house looks. I expected someone with a collection of decaying Cortinas to live in a tumbledown old farmhouse with no roof and the windows falling out. I always imagined the owner as looking like Claude Greengrass (RIP) but now I'm not so sure.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...