Jaaaag 4 swopz or tradez or salez. CORNWALL

JayW

My 4 litre LWB Jag Sovereign in sable green is up for swap/trade.

'97. Classic insurance.

Long MOT, daily driver, 20mpg, everything working including a/c and cruise. Totally rust free. Full history.

Has some paint issues (paint supplied). Spare wheels/tyres.

Looking for older classic, not necessarily roadworthy but worthy of investment as long as it can be brought to me.

Or cash around £1k.

Looking for older classic, not necessarily roadworthy but worthy of investment as longer as it can be brought to me.

Not necessarily for swaps but is this up your street? '95 VSX Turbo Break. Not currently roadworthy but possibly worth fixing (I don't have the heart to scrap it anyway).

26187655316_74e2d8e5f5_k.jpg

Middle of nowhere by MattLikesCars, on Flickr

Not floating my galleon I'm afraid, but certainly worth pitching! ;)

Would also consider an automatic convertible (any age).

Values don't necessarily have to weigh up, as long as I get something I'm happy with.

Nowt wrong with the Jag apart from some lacquer issues, other than that it's awesome. It's just I have a big auto and a convertible and I'm trying to combine the two this year. Either way, the Jag has to go as it only ferries me to work and the rest of the seats are unused.

I missed out on a 4.0 a couple of years ago!

If you get the chance, go for it, they are just awesome "proper" luxobarges. Thus is my second and I love it, being the LWB the back has acres of space for full size real people and it's just reliable wafty pleasure. This one's particularly tidy apart from a touch of paint (admittedly mostly in the roof where you don't really see it).

I much prefer the straight 6 to the complicated and touchy V8.

Prices vary from £500 to £2.5k for X300's and they're much more soave than a beemer... ;)

What you need is a '91 Sierra Lx in ReSale Grey :-)

Just had a quick butchers about, I assume you mean FHU?

A Sierra would most certainly tick the "worthy of investment" box...

If you're potentially interested in a possible transaction, drop me a PM...

If you get the chance, go for it, they are just awesome "proper" luxobarges.

I'd basically agreed to buy the car, unseen, but he sounded honest I couldn't get up for a few days and in between someone turned up with folding money and it was sold which is fair enough I suppose.

I bought a Saab 93 floopy top instead..

Is this a six? I might be tempted if so, cash money not swappage. The V8s give me the fear.

It is indeed a six.

The V8 makes my wallet uncomfortable too, having seen my neighbours chew up its chains a literally vomit them out and a work colleagues pop both HG's six months apart... AJ16 all the way baby!

A quick full appraisal for all interested:

The car has full history, it was originally owned by the CEO of Campina, an international dairy/confectionery company for the first handful of years where it clocked up the best part of its milage. Went to 2nd owner and was then laid up from 2009 to 2015 (reason unknown) at 143k.

Went through a couple more hands before a local chap acquired it then me.

MOT website P625UUF.

No electrical gremlins and everything works apart from the normal faded digital clock. This includes the a/c, the cruise, electric seats, remote central locking...

Can't spin a load of bollocks about having replaced loads if parts because it's really needed nothing. I did give it a full filter (genuine) and plug service end of last year but other than that it's asked for nowt!

Engine us smooth, sound and faultless, doesn't use any fluids and no leaks.

4-spd autobox it exactly as it should be, both kick downs work correctly as does the sport mode.

No knocks or whines.

These all normally suffer from rust in the front wings and rear arches. NOT THIS ONE! Not at all, this is rare! Probably due to those years off road.

No rust in front chassis legs or bulkhead seam. (common)

20mpg round town, 30 on motorway with cruise @ 70mph.

Perfect chromework (rare).

Perfect leather.

Faults: slight lacquer craze top edge of bonnet and boot lid. Roof lacquer is fubar. I include a litre of paint and lacquer. Saggy headliner held up with pins (normal). One headlamp washer missing but new ones provided in box.

Tyres at 50% on Kiwi rims.

2nd set of 20 spokes available with good tyres.

Also have a set of X308 headlamps on the shelf.

I've just reallised that I bought my old x300 3.2 ( now owned by hairysteve) off Jay last year. Top bloke and if memory serves he collected me in this 4.0 from the station, lovely car.

That's the one :)

Looking like there's currently a swappage deal on the table that should put a grin on both parties faces (not brokeback style...)