My first thread...Silvio the Tipo (Maserati GT Sportback).

richbraith

Hello there, I've hung around the fringes of here for awhile and never done anything but comment on others' posts.  So since I think my current daily, which will shortly be departing for pastures new, is a very Autoshite vehicle I thought I'd do a thread about my 1994 Fiat Tipo, named Silvio.

I initially borrowed, then bought this from JohnK last October at the same time he arrived at my house in it to borrow my Cav (since bought).  I'd always had Tipo curiosity, and relished the prospect of smoking around in one for a few weeks without any real idea of what I'd do beyond that.  Then a figure came up and before I knew what I was doing I'd agreed to buy it.  A very scruffy, late model pov spec 3 door Tipo.  Here he is the day after he arrived, when I got up and saw what I had.post-18072-0-20919600-1487795808_thumb.jpg

Good memories of me and Matt bringing this back from Hull with Radio 1 Dance Anthems blasting out on a sunny Saturday afternoon - 'Push the Tipo'

Shame you're having a few issues with it mate (and I noticed last night you really need to clean the bloody thing again).

You need to get some photos and details up on that Renner 19 too.

I'd say automatic hero status having a Regie 19, I went to France last year for 5 days and didn't see 1!

What engine is the Tipo?

It's a 1.4ie and it bloody flies, fastest n/a 1.4 I've ever piloted.  Hence Maserati GT Sportback.  It handles too.  Can totally see how it gave birth to the Coupe, Alfa 145/146 etc...it's cheap fun!

The 19 is a forever car, it was a £375 ebay purchase three years ago and I love it :)

• 2 weeks later...

I love your Tipo. Let me know if you ever come to sell it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay, the Tipo is available.  It has a leaky heater matrix so is steamier than reading a Jackie Collins novel in a sauna.  It needs some TLC, but it's available very cheaply.  I'm doing a for sale thread, but since you asked first...

The Tipo is a fantastic car and as mentioned the 1372cc engine is great fun and feel's really well planted when you drive it like a Italian would.  :-D

Me and my brother have unfinished business with Tipo's after the last one got wiped out by a prat in a Focus sadly. 

Typical this is for sale just after I'd taxed both my motors too.

I'll have a chat with my brother about this if it becomes available on a For Sale thread as another Tipo is on our want list not that we need another Fiat to add to the Five we have at present as space / money is really tight.

I do hope it finds a good home as the Tipo / Tempra is such a rare sight now.  

Oh Bumhats. I'm genuinely gonna regret this, soooo torn, but I've no room at the inn. Something would have to go to physically get it in. ARGGGHHHH Dilemmas! Heart says, yes absolutely, head say no stop being so stupid, where will it go.

That's no help to you is it?

So I'll make a decision. I'm out.

Probably.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh shit.  This is awkward.

I'm going to have to bypass the matrix and keep it...for now.  As I've encountered a cash flow issue regarding any potential replacement.

Take a look on ebay there is some heater matrix listed from around £25 when I checked last night. :-D

According to the book of lies I have the Matrix is accessed from removing the glove box compartment? 

Take a look on ebay there is some heater matrix listed from around £25 when I checked last night. :-D

According to the book of lies I have the Matrix is accessed from removing the glove box compartment? 

Hmm, that's interesting, I was told it was a dash out job.  That could change things a bit.  I'll check that out.