Roll up. roll up...incoming c15 romahome.....

kinkersaab

All being well, I have a J plate c15 romahome coming in as a trade in, it will be offered exclusively to shitters first. I have little knowledge about it as yet, other than its white, looks like a long one with a high roof and its got grey plastic seats and fetching green faded decals, body coloured grill and arches.....  about 6 weeks mot left, had lots of welding, and both windows no longer go up and down.  Further details and pics and a price to follow. It will be the cheapest one of these out there im sure.  Athough located in Aberdeenshire, distance should be no object as you will have accomdation attached to the car for the journy home. :)

I have always been tempted by these as they appear to offer that thwarted by life in general appearance. Ideal transport for some shambling, grumpy old bloke and his dogs to take down to the allotment. I don't have an allotment (yet)

That's ageist against shambling grumpy young blokes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm interested to know more.

I have worked freelance / contracting since 2009 and have not had a contract within commuting distance from home, and have often wondered if I could get away with a small camper van instead of renting a room (currently paying £325 a month all inclusive).

The main idea would be to park up in work car-park (Thus being safe and free) and use their facilities. Not sure that some jobsworthy security guard wouldn't put a stop to it though.

I have worked freelance / contracting since 2009 and have not had a contract within commuting distance from home, and have often wondered if I could get away with a small camper van instead of renting a room (currently paying £325 a month all inclusive).

The main idea would be to park up in work car-park (Thus being safe and free) and use their facilities. Not sure that some jobsworthy security guard wouldn't put a stop to it though.

There are at least 2 people doing something similar to this that I see regularly.

A red Renault Trafic that parks in a different lay-by every weeknight on the A41 between Hemel And Aylesbury.

And a modernish coachbuilt motor home that parks in different lay-bys on the A5 in Milton Keynes.

Looks a bit dodgy but no different from lorry drivers sleeping in their cabs I suppose.

A lad that works with a mate,has a camper.they work a 4 shift rota.This lad lives in the corner of the company carpark for his 4 shifts on then drives back to Bristol-ish as soon as the last shift is over.

An electrician I used to work with at Palethorpes did a similar thing

He lives up Yorkshire somewhere and would drive down to do his 4 on,4 off shifts in an Iveco camper

He'd even run an armoured cable out from the nearest building, buried it in the gravel carpark and had a hidden hookup right under the van......

I often wondered about this when I was contracting - never quite had the balls to try it though.  In fact at one point I was spending so little time at home I considered selling my house buying a big go-away Winnebago thingy.

There are at least 2 people doing something similar to this that I see regularly.

A red Renault Trafic that parks in a different lay-by every weeknight on the A41 between Hemel And Aylesbury.

And a modernish coachbuilt motor home that parks in different lay-bys on the A5 in Milton Keynes.

Looks a bit dodgy but no different from lorry drivers sleeping in their cabs I suppose.

When I worked in Bath there were loads of stealth camper vans dotted about the city.  In the main they weren't campers in the Caravan Club mould - more vans or old busses disguised with various degrees of skill, but obviously being lived in.

Then again, there was a bloke who used to drive round in an old electric milk float too.

I have always been tempted by these as they appear to offer that thwarted by life in general appearance. Ideal transport for some shambling, grumpy old bloke and his dogs to take down to the allotment. I don't have an allotment (yet)

Got my name all over it!  4 and 16 in the Roffle please...