Taxi Paul's Peugeot 206 Coupe Convertible: Voiture de crimpeur.

Guest Breadvan72

Guest Breadvan72

UPDATE 4 MAY 2017

djimbob now selling the car -  £500 with MoT.

EDIT - SOLD to Taxi Paul 

-----------------

Older stuff - 

EDIT EDIT EDIT: The car has now been given away for BIG FAT NOWT. The roffle proceeds went to charidee.

This is a roffle or sale to raise funds for famine relief in East Africa, probably via the DEC or one of the UN agencies.

This was my wife's runabout. Is anyone interested in buying it? Say £350? Or SIX QUID quid roffle ticket.

MULTIBUY: four tix for £20.

The car drives fine. The roof always works. It is a 2001 2 litre and has done about 120K.

MoT ran out on 24 Feb 17. For a new MoT the car will need new front discs and an exhaust blow fixing, plus two bulbs, and wiper blades. Rear pads advisory, and I would budget for rear discs too. No current rust-related fails or advisories. Parts for these cars are not expensive.

The car smells a bit of ciggies, and the leather interior needs a good clean. Some dents and scrapes. Luggage rack and wind reducing screen that sits over rear seats could be sold on eBay, maybe, if not wanted. Note also ooooh get her chromed roll over hoops, for bonus bling.

Location - south Oxon, two miles from junction 6 M40, eight miles from nearest rail, two miles from coach from London/Oxford. Meetage of collectioneer laid on.

post-5528-0-56084500-1487774043_thumb.jpg

post-5528-0-41568700-1487774238_thumb.jpg

post-5528-0-79152900-1487774266_thumb.jpg

post-5528-0-94348900-1487774294_thumb.jpg

post-5528-0-77598100-1487774327_thumb.jpg

post-5528-0-48642400-1487774345_thumb.jpg

post-5528-0-18416200-1487774638_thumb.jpg

Guest Breadvan72

I add that the engine is peppy and the handling is pretty nifty.  Decent tyres - Pirellis on the front, Maxxis on the back.  Wheels a bit kerbed.  One window sometimes sticks but can be helped up by hand.

One key, remote locking works.

The panel lighting for the climate control does not illuminate - maybe a bulb.  The climate control works fine.  OK ish stereo.

I may know someone who could be interested, would a smallish person fit in the back of these? I know some are four seaters on paper but in reality you couldn't get anyone in the back. They have a ten year old and are looking for a cheap three/ four seater convertible for the summer.

Guest Breadvan72

V small in the back.  A child up to about 11 or 12 is OK, or a very small adult.  Call it a two plus one. My daughter at 12 is now getting too tall to sit in the rear seats.

V small in the back.  A child up to about 11 or 12 is OK, or a very small adult.  Call it a two plus one.  My daughter at 12 is now getting too tall to sit in the rear seats.

Thanks, I will mention it to them but guessing it won't do for what they want. I know they were looking at 307s but they are sooooooo ugly.

I saw that yesterday, a 306.  Sounds ideal for mateyboy with the family.  Other prospects might include Saabs; it seems there's usually one kicking around here, or on FB.

Re the 206: does it have any MoT left on?  I can't believe these are worth so little, especially as MrsR has always wanted one.

Guest Breadvan72

MoT expires Friday 24 Feb.  Failed yesterday because of duff front disc, exhaust blow, two bulbs, wiper blades. Advisory rear pads.  No rust-related fail or advisory.

Might be worth 800 with MoT if not dented. Prob less with dents.

One of my Mum's friends has one of these, it was identical to this one. And yes, he was actually a hairdresser. He left the roof open one evening and somebody slashed the seats and pissed in it and he had had to get it recovered because he didn't want to drive home sitting on piss.

I laughed a lot because he was a bit of a twat.

Guest Breadvan72

I got this one from a massive bloke in somewhere Northern, who had spent loads on it (but it still had Ho Flung Dung tyres then).  His mate had told him that it was the second gayest car after an MX5.  The bloke had never realised this.  He sold it in a hurry thereafter.  Me, I love connecting with my inner crimper, me.

I've got one of these and I have to agree with the Breadman , they're actually alright.

Parts are cheap as chips and if our one is anything to go by, you rarely need them, I've got a complete exhaust sitting in my shed that cost less than £80 , just waiting for me to gather enough enthusiasm to lie under the thing with WD-40 dripping in my eyes, in the meantime it sounds like an old school 306 Chavriolet with a bazooka back box.

The roof is more reliable and watertight than the CLK it shares a drive with and the boot's bigger too, when no.3 daughter graduated she managed to bring most of her crap home in 2 trips.

I love driving it ,our Dog Dick red CLK cab and Fiat 500. The looks on people's faces when they see me get out of them is a picture.

Guest Breadvan72

This one leaks a bit at the side windows when washed, but much less than the usual convertible.  V reliable over three plus years of mostly laydee motoring, including a few trips to Scottishlandshireland and back.

One AA call out when alternator belt broke, and that's about it.  Some suspension bits last year, a few tyres and what not.

Been looking at these recently after always overlooking them for years as a " Bridget Jones" motor, but now so cheap and compact they are starting to look quite tasty. I have no need for one and already have an eight car collection of tat leading locals to suspect I am entering the scrap business, but a random please and I can justify this as not actually buying another motor.