Taxi Paul's Peugeot 206 Coupe Convertible: Voiture de crimpeur.

Guest Breadvan72

Guest Breadvan72

They were a basted good car. Handy hint for a roof that's u/s: drive it round for a bit, stop then try the roof again. Don't ask me how, it just works,

We found this to be true yesterday.  I had left the car with the roof down because the interior keefed of fags and spliff and dog arse.  The battery was having a zizz because the car had been sat around for weeks, and so the roof wouldn't go back up, but all but it needed was some volts.  The windows on the driver's side are haunted by un fantôme mystérieux  as they go up and down of their own accord. 

Yer man looks more enamoured with his choccy biccies than the new* smoll car.

Anyone who knows me, would find that a fair assessment :-P

However, new smoll frog Chod performed admirably on the three hour or so trip back to Northern climes, and here she is. locked up in my yard, ready for sorting the brakes n shizzle out today :-D

IMG_20170418_184031_zpsek91nrc9.jpg?w=28

I think I shall hijack this thread as another seems a bit pointless, so the next post will be pic heavy, well for me anyway :-P

It all started when I spotted BV put out a call to stop a seemingly unwanted car from the crusher, and with no space, money or wantage for a manual box by me or the ladies in my family, it seemed obvious to put my services forward :shock:

I think the whole decision hinged on the fact I have a new set of discs and pads for the front of  PUG 207, 2008 year, left over from Daughter's old dizzler - gods know if they fit or not, today I shall find out :-P

I booked a megabus ticket to Oxford, setting off at six in Daughter's Lexus at six o'clock in the AM - oooof :shock:

IMG_20170418_061002_zpsrxkzbtun.jpg?w=28

Leeds bus station acheived, Daughter off to work!

IMG_20170418_061205_zpsxhslhiip.jpg?w=28

Megabus was late, but mega nonetheless

IMG_20170418_063409_zpsqfdtmqyb.jpg?w=28

Some light reading - helped me to snooze during the five and a half hour trip, also remembered to bring earplugs to drown out coach wankers, good job as young man two rows back proceeded to quietly sing out loud to his "walkman", as the kids on the street are wont to do :-D

IMG_20170418_064350_zpshqmiufbk.jpg

And a huge gap in pictures which I'm hoping BV will fill, in which he picked me up at Oxford Beaumont Street, took me on a tour of Oxford, and let me drive the Sprint back to his palatial gaff in the sticks, fed and watered me, and was generally a true gent all round :-D

IMG_20170418_135714_zpswmysjsyf.jpg

Thirty quids worth of unleaded, no need for air or anything else, jumped in and buggered off back to colder climes, with the top down for the win 8)

And back at the yard, where I jumped in the Saab of Eddy, for an interesting immediate comparison

IMG_20170418_183908_zpsq9x4pwkw.jpg

IMG_20170418_183913_zpsarjwqy9m.jpg

very interesting to go from the two litre Sprint of great age, to this two litre of much newness - both great fun, but the feeling of reliability on the modern is hard to shake when planning a long journey etc, then going to the Saab, which is somewhere inbetween on a 94 plate, but auto and a lot biggerer.

Verdict, I think I prefer the Saab all round, but the Pug is really a brilliant example of a light, frugal French motah, complete with supernatural electrickery, capable of huge miles in comfort and style (of a hair mechanic).

Once again, a huge thanks to BV, I am donating my bike chod to charity to balance my karma due to not being a roffler originally, and some other stuff too, I can thoroughly recommend him, would mooch free chod and biscuits off again :-P:-D :-D

The plan is now to go and fix the bugger, and stick it thru a test, and see if there is a loving home out there now the sun is threatening to show it's face - pics to follow, wish me luck, I'm going in now :-D

YES! I thought I recognised you Jim-Bob, you once came up to Castle_Cleland with StrangeAngel, right?

That's me!

he started this need for topless driving with his 205 :shock::-D

Just had the wheel off the Pug, definitely needs pads, and looks like I have a set of discs that fit the front, so had to go buy pads as the ones I had don't fit. I shall post later with pics :-D

So today I was keen to have a look at how bad the brakes were, they felt on their last legs, and it turns out they very much were, which was not a shock due to full disclosure by BV :-D

IMG_20170419_123851_zpsq1klpujs.jpg

not the same as the pads I was hoping to use, but the discs are it looks like, so not the end of the world

IMG_20170419_123837_zps5rwwdiax.jpg

A trip to the motor factors and we have pads front and rear, you can see the discs I took with me to check with them to see if they matched the one's they would potentially sell me - bit cheeky but I'm a regular, so they didn't mind! Also could'nt get the hub nut off to remove old one's to check due to not having a 35mm socket or ring spanner - bummer, turns out they are a tenner each, so bought a set off ebay, coming on Saturday, sizes 30mm to 38, £28, so much better value for money :-D  Wiper blades a tenner, could have got just the rubber part cheap I suppose, but these will do nicely.

IMG_20170419_150214_zpslezqh4uh.jpg

Those annoying plastic nut covers are a first for me, not a fan of alloys, and the locknut seems pretty bloody pointless, but then I've never woken up to find any of my shite on bricks, so what do I know :-P

IMG_20170419_120644_zpsweckcj1c.jpg

I came prepared to refill all fluids - no need, all were fine, nice one BV 8)

IMG_20170419_120612_zpszvnaolp3.jpg

IMG_20170419_120608_zpsrecefoye.jpg

Big two litre pezzer for a smoll car 8)

IMG_20170419_112350_zpsivxm6wyv.jpg

Should have started with this picture, my transit "camper", full of tools n shite, but apparently not containing the one socket to do the bloody job :-P

Note the tartan travel blankets, literally they make all they cover invisible to scrotes, amazing, and take that Harry Potter and Bilbo Baggins you twats, should have gone to netto and saved yourself a load of bother :-D

So I've got not a lot to do really until Saturday when the socket turns up, aside from fit the wipers and maybe try that waterless car spray I've had for sodding ages (no easy access to water at lock up, nor electric, unless next door is in and lets me use his facilities) - I might well take a look at removing the dented wing, might not, depends on what distracts me next :-P

Guest Breadvan72

Regular viewers may recall that djimbob did me a massive favour by wrestling me to the ground and forcibly preventing me from buying a shitbag MGF with a borked head gasket, just a few short weeks ago.  Naturally, therefore, I was delighted when he manfully stepped forward to take on the manly task of removing a clapped out French woopsymobile from my neigbourhood, so restoring my standing in the community at large.

Here is the manly and rugged adventurer in automotive astonishingness making his escape from the Megabus -

post-5528-0-03596100-1492665684_thumb.jpg

Attempts to fuel the Peugeot using Elnett and assorted Vidal Sassoon products failed, so the manly and rugged manly man that is djimbob resorted to pez:-

post-5528-0-46150400-1492665914_thumb.jpg

Smoll car is far away:-

post-5528-0-87263500-1492665966_thumb.jpg

Bien dans sa peau:-

post-5528-0-31377300-1492666018_thumb.jpg

Feedback: Top shiter, would offload manky old French shit onto again.  27/10

Guest Breadvan72

Yer man looks more enamoured with his choccy biccies than the new* smoll car

Yep.  He may be a bit Northern, is our Jim, but he's not a thickie.

Djimbob, I have car giver awayerer's remorse. If you pimp it up, can I buy it back off you? How about, I dunno, a pack of Choco bics? 

I started today off well, full of good intentions, starting with the wiper blades, for obvious reasons!

IMG_20170420_103616_zps6rdt1awg.jpg

Fixated :-D

IMG_20170420_104934_zpsnr1bxuce.jpg

Onto the gearshift knob, venturing where no more nails had failed :?

IMG_20170420_105125_zpssphdf1rk.jpg

Success level unknown, just left the araldite to cure, untested so far, confidence high in failure to adhere in near future :-P

And that was that, due to realising the rear calipers need a wind back tool to retract the pistons, for the fitment of new pads (old ones legal, but on their last legs for sure, so off to try and find a reasonably priced on at the usual motor factors -

IMG_20170420_123938_zpsns0xn3z8.jpg

tried motosave in hunslet, all they had were universal kits, at twice the price on ebay, so on exiting to try elsewhere, spotted a long metal pipe hanging down from underneath the transit of much smoothrite - had to crawl under and liberate it :shock:

IMG_20170420_143039_zpskrjb1nfk.jpg

arse biscuits, the exhaust was a bodge job when I got it, and I have managed to replace certain sections, but not the back end, which is pleasingly* customised - now I need to figure out how to enhance it further without spunking loads of quids for the mot which is helpfully out in a couple of weeks :-(

So I gave up and went home, buggered about on ebay, and had a bath :-D

I like the idea of painted Tranny bits.  Tell us more. 

Twas an afternoon of much disaster, involving brushes, rollers, unseasonable sunshine and fast curing, expensive smoothrite, topped off with a heated debate with next door neighbour criticising the aesthetic qualities of my pride and joy, seemingly oblivious we were slap bang in the middle of trying to make the fucking thing blend into the urban environment more successfully than in it's previous incarnation of very rusty plasterer's wagon :shock:

I like to think we achieved maximum levels of success in our endeavours, as the photo's plainly demonstrate :-P :-P

Guest Breadvan72

IMG_20170418_135714_zpswmysjsyf.jpg

That cool green Renault camper in the background is for sale in Thame.  The silver beardy dude who owns it is asking 3,300, but will probably take 3,000 or whatevs.  The camper is in good nick inside and out, and quite spacious.  Only a wheezy 1.6 and it's a big van, but it has a Weber carb instead of a Solex, and a swankpot exhaust system for OMG added  0.00001 BHP.    Five speed manual, FWD. 

Guest Breadvan72

I really don't know know because I have lost the list, and it doesn't matter, and I'm not cross, or owt,  but if you feel that your Karma may be depleted, bung a few sovs in a tin for refugees, or shot-up soldiers, or any charity, please, but preferably not one for fluffy bunnies or one that has any version of God in it.  Charidees for Planet Earth humans good.  All others can GTFO. 

Well, I have been quite busy with the Pug :-D

After discovering the discs I thought would fit, didn't, and purchasing new ones, made life a great deal easier with fitment :-P

yesterday I gave the bugger a good cleanse and purifying before MOT time- came up quite well for the first pass 8)

IMG_20170426_125537_zps6chq0it0.jpg?w=28

Failed on some bulbs,  insecure headlamp, middle box exhaust blow, and a front ball joint buggered, so not too bad at all :-)

treated her to a different cd player, with working deck 8)

old one -

IMG_20170425_122848_zpsomla30a3.jpg?w=28

iso connector for quick win, love these :-D

IMG_20170425_122902_zpsktcixg67.jpg?w=28

New one

IMG_20170425_122856_zpsziolw61w.jpg?w=28

Now to try and price up a balljoint/radius arm, seems to vary on ebay from £25 to £70, and maybe get the exhaust welded up, due to cash flow issues, unless someone buys that trailer tent soon :?

Guest Breadvan72

V good, but I have TEH CONFUZE about testing it now, as you knew already that it would fail on the exhaust and on bulbs.  The last fail (in Feb) did not pick up the ball joint.   Because lampy gets, I assume.

Let me know if you want to change the name of the thread.

"djimbob's new gopping purple stereo thread",  maybe?

xxxxxx

The old stereo was originally in the Alfa 156 Sportwagon that Six-Cylinder now has, so bring the stereo to Shitefest and give it to him then?  

V good, but I have TEH CONFUZE about testing it now, as you knew already that it would fail on the exhaust and on bulbs.  The last fail (in Feb) did not pick up the ball joint.   Because lampy gets, I assume.

Let me know if you want to change the name of the thread.

"djimbob's new gopping purple stereo thread",  maybe?

xxxxxx

The old stereo was originally in the Alfa 156 Sportwagon that Six-Cylinder now has, so bring the stereo to Shitefest and give it to him then?  

I knew it would fail, just quite on what was the issue - today I have removed the lower wiswhbone on which the failed balljoint resides - what an arse, ruined a track rod end in the process, but it's off, so just need to go purchase replacements and fit, and do all the little daft jobs, whilst searching for cost effective exhaust solutions :-D

By all means change the thread title BV, perhaps with the make and model in the title so others can search for wisdom when fixerating simular problems? I shall leave the wordage in your hands :-D

If I remember I shall bring the stereo to shitefest, along with a couple of boxes of assorted filters I have, ideal for shiters, hopeless for normal folk :-P

Hello what is this? Yes, it's the final stage in operation get a new MOT on the Pug, some welding on the centre exhaust silencer by my tame welder 8)

IMG_20170504_154919_zps2nqsb90t.jpg

Had to fix the headlight properly, so out it came

IMG_20170503_110503_zpszjpnucke.jpg

Got a bit carried away, and effected a smoll repair on the dented wing, not much better, but have tidied up and made bumpers etc more sturdy :-P

IMG_20170503_110453_zpsy5s0maeq.jpg

The finished* article - well, will do until a new wing is bought :-P

IMG_20170503_134015_zpsskbohu32.jpg

In my defence, I was running out of time, and just wanted to see how hard it would be to get the wing off, seemed daft to not have a go at making it a bit tidier.

Well, going to try and get her in for the retest tomorrow, fingers crossed all will be well :-D

Typically the roof has decided not to play ball in this scorching weather, but the good news is the aircon works like a champ 8)

Unfortunately this will have to go to pastures anew once the test is passed, as I have a distinct lack of funds in my bank, and we're off to France in a week and a half with my parents, and no spending money, so I'm putting it out there to any interested shiters, large discount available for quick sale :-D

Many thanks to BV who gave me the opportunity to skin my knuckles on this babe magnet of much Gallicness, I have quite enjoyed giving it a new lease of life, but it's not for me long term, being stick shift - if it was an auto, I would seriously have considered keeping it - my tame mechanic/welder was very impressed by the lack of rust underneath, and I think she has a few years good motoring left in her :-D

PM me if you're interested, I will consider p/x's, but only if automatic flavour, and a bit of cash coming my way (I really am on my arse cash flow wise at the moment), happy to accommodate timewasters and tyrekickers :-D

I've got about £300 in it so far, and would like a wage for the week or so's work I've done and improvements such as the stereo, so I hope a price of £400 would be fair? It's insured and will be MOT'ed, and I'd trust it to drive a long way indeed ( I did many miles collecting the other week just fine :-D )

Very nice work and also cheap now that the summer might be upon us. Any ideas why the roof is not playing ball?

Dare I suggest a raffle? (£7 each, or 2 for £12)

thank you sir for the kind words, I think the battery may be goosed, and require changing for one with a little more beans left in it! (having said that she fires up first turn of the key, and is showing no other symptoms other than slow electric windows, and the digital dash readout thingy, but this may be enough to prevent the roof raising, which is a heavy thing).

Also, GOOD NEWS - we have a MOT pass as of this afternoon :-D

I am not sure about a roffle, need the bugger gone quite swiftly due to cashflow woes, will have to have a ponder :?

• 4 weeks later...

The sun is out, I put my hand in my wallet, and ebay delivered a brand new battery this morning, and bingo!

We have roof frolics immediately 8)

IMG_20170531_152057_zpsyo3mcfoc.jpg?w=28

Still got the same bumps and dinks from breadvan's ownership, except I have pulled out the dented wing a bit, and straightened out the bumper indentation, fixed it back on solidly etc - it will have to do now, not inclined to go any further down the road of tarting, just so long as the mechanics are spot on I'm happy :-D

IMG_20170531_152116_zpsqwiofscr.jpg?w=28IMG_20170531_152045_zpsysm4wusg.jpg?w=28IMG_20170531_152131_zpsujthwykc.jpg?w=28IMG_20170531_152145_zpsfmcabrgn.jpg?w=28IMG_20170531_152150_zps41nmj2un.jpg?w=28IMG_20170531_152125_zpsxfxiuedq.jpg?w=28IMG_20170531_152029_zps0fwtyoav.jpg?w=28

Unfortunately the price has now had to rise, I would like £500 for the blue wonder, worth it for the amazing aircon, which was cold almost on start up this afternoon - great little car, but surplus to requirements - I want to sort out the Saab now, and I fear that is going to be a proper project :shock:

Here they both are, topless 8)

IMG_20170531_152244_zpsjoc7gpsz.jpg?w=28

IMG_20170531_152225_zpsqbfoo2fq.jpg?w=28IMG_20170531_152252_zpsu5evgkrl.jpg?w=28

I think I may need to start a new thread on the Saab, I haven't had one before, so parts etc are a mystery compared to other marques for me, and foibles etc - I don't really know how this is supposed to drive and handle, but I have a feeling it's in need of quite an overhaul :-P:shock: